This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I think George is preggo.
  • AmpAmp
    edited October 2012
    I had something similar it sounds like it could be in your ribs or something like that. Could you have pulled the mussels in your chest?
    That sounds delicious.
    Well I hadn't added the white wine sauce, nor had a even started on the main course.

Edit;Ro, I think we all know the answer to that question.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Can you pull the muscles in your chest from running/walking? Cause that's all I've been doing.
  • Im not sure, when ever I did got that it was from another injury or a fall. You haven't strained yourself or lifted anything heavy?
  • It's a pain the runs along my the bottom of my rib cage on my left side. If I take a really deep breath and the very end of said breath it becomes a sharp pain.
    Yup, did that when I was 12. Tore the cartilage between two ribs. Hurt like a son of a bitch.

What did they tell you at the urgent care?

• Some panes of glass. I don't think I strained myself.
  • What did they tell you at the urgent care?
    That it started hurting after I drank and generally partied this weekend. Which is true.
  • Collapsed lung? ;^)
  • We kid when my dad was a rally driver a friend had is lung pulled free from a crash. Sounds like you have fucked your chest a bit. They do some special meds for horse riders who suffer from this a lot.
  • How can I have hurt myself running? I haven't done that since Friday, I only had a brisk walk on Saturday.
  • Welcome to old, George.
  • Shit happens? I have no idea. Your better going to an actual doctor or asking one of the more medical folk on the forum. The times that I have gotten it are as I said from falls or injuries on other parts of my body. It could have just been one bad twinge or sleeping badly.
  • edited October 2012
    It's a pain the runs along my the bottom of my rib cage on my left side. If I take a really deep breath and the very end of said breath it becomes a sharp pain.
    Can you pull the muscles in your chest from running/walking? Cause that's all I've been doing.
    Oh okay. Yes I've had something very similar to this but it wasn't what I was thinking of. Somehow I fucked up one of the muscles between my ribs while I was sleeping (I used to sleep on my stomach a lot) and it hurt for almost a month or so. Like it hurt enough that it was keeping me awake. Mine was on the right side though and your symptoms sound a lot like what was happening to me. I got some muscle relaxers which helped a little bit during sleep, they may help.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • George, I have twisted ankles and pulled muscles in my fucking sleep. Don't think you're immune.
  • No, not the oldening.
  • Dude count yourself luck, I'm 22 with a bad back and dodgy knees.
  • edited October 2012
    So I had chili with hot sauce and cheese. No change in the pain just under the ribs. I think it's safe to say that my stomach is not the root cause on this one. Trying two advil and seeing how that pans out.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • That... was a hell of a way to test it out.
  • That... was a hell of a way to test it out.
    Well I'd tried eating not crappy things and the pain wasn't going away. But the doctors still thought it was a GI thing, so I figured a trial by fire would confirm or deny this very quickly.
  • That sort of food wouldn't necessarily exacerbate gastritis or even severe colitis, though. It's not likely, but possible that it's already so inflamed that it can't get worse in a way that you can feel.

I hope this is an acute thing and not chronic for you, because a lot of people get diagnosed in their mid 20s, 30s...
  • edited October 2012
    Stop peer reviewing my test results!

Also, I think I can at least pancreatitis, which is what the urgent care person thought it might be. i'd be rather violently ill by this point if that was what I had.
  • Don't mind me I've been flaring for a solid 2 months now. If in the unlikely event you get a colitis or crohn's diagnosis I've got 30 years of experience to lecture you about... :-P
  • When I had pancreatitis so bad it almost killed me, the only symptoms were mild fever and a total loss of appetite.
  • edited October 2012
    Well I've got absolutely no symptoms except pain. Temperature, blood pressure, blood and urine tests were all perfect. My appetite is as ravenous as always and I feel great (aside from the pain).
  • You might have pulled a muscle or something.
  • edited October 2012
    You might have pulled a muscle or something.
    Not being a doctor but hearing the symptoms im about 70% sure this is the case.

EDIT: Maybe even like 85%

EDIT: After reviewing my numbers I'm about 30% sure I'm making these guessing calculations correct.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • So I had chili with hot sauce and cheese. No change in the pain just under the ribs. I think it's safe to say that my stomach is not the root cause on this one. Trying two advil and seeing how that pans out.
    It won't really get moving till tomorrow.

• You might have pulled a muscle or something.
    Not being a doctor but hearing the symptoms im about 70% sure this is the case.

EDIT: Maybe even like 85%

EDIT: After reviewing my numbers I'm about 30% sure I'm making these guessing calculations correct.
    %90 of statistics are made up.
  • 50% of the people I polled say it is probably a pulled muscle.

I only asked myself.