This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• People are defending him as doing what he had to do in a desperate situation, where doing what he had to do was endangering the lives of everyone on the highway along with him, apparently.
    Doing what he had to to turn a massive profit I bet. <_< He gets no sympathy from me. People in general have become really complacent about the dangers of gasoline. Just the vapors in an empty gallon container has as much energy as two sticks of dynamite. This stuff is hideously dangerous. </p>
    I have no doubt that he was going to distribute it for free to old ladies.
    Why do you hate capitalism America?
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah, if you're going to transport large amounts of gas, just buy big metal military jerrycans with proper vapor locks. Your disaster profiteering will pay for the cans in no time, and you won't get arrested or blown up.

They're also insanely useful for potable water storage because the vapor lock is like a hermetic seal. Every disaster kit should contain a bottle of iodine, an MSR SweetWater, a jerrycan for water, and a jerrycan for gas.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Also a pistol and one single bullet.
    And a AK47 with lots of bullets. And a crossbow.
    We have soooo many bullets for our AK.
    Also a full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica from 1996. Fuck those extra years.
  • >Preparing for the Apocalypse
    >Stockpiling books instead of a rugged 2TB hard drive and a netbook
    >2012

GREAT JOB EARTH
  • Also don't forget an accordion for entertainment
  • My apocalypse gear consists of a dune buggy, a hockey mask, and a pair of assless leather chaps.

Just... walk away...
  • edited November 2012
    All chaps are assless. image
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Yeah but it's not as funny unless you say the word "assless".
  • If Romney wins we should all invest heavily in the pleather and spikes industry. We should be able to come out on top when it hits the fan.
  • If Obama wins we should all invest heavily in the pleather and spikes industry. We should be able to come out on top when it hits the fan.
    FTFY
  • Go back to Free Republic already.
  • I swear its too easy nowadays.
  • A day before the election? Yeah. It's pretty easy. However, I am working on my gloating/sobbing for the day after.
  • edited November 2012
    Molly, my Berner, has been limping for two days, favoring her left front leg. She's pulled a leg muscle or had a sprain in the past, and she's usually right as rain in 24 hours. I didn't see her injure herself so I can't guess what it is. There's no obvious inflammation, nothing wrong with her pads, pretty clearly not a break but it could be a fracture.

Vet x-rays are several hundred dollars. I just deferred a mortgage payment 3 months to help cover our pre-Sandy expenses and the only money I've got on hand was to pay the heating fuel bill (already delivered).

This is not great timing. I'm probably going to give it another day or two to resolve itself even though I feel really shitty about it.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • My apocalypse gear consists of a dune buggy, a hockey mask, and a pair of assless leather chaps.

Just... walk away...
    My post apocalyptic gear is a copy of The First World War, a motorcycle, and 10,000 bottle caps. What I don't have yet I can buy later.
  • God damnit. I can't put money in my InTrade account. I was gonna drop a hundred on Romney. That way I'm covered regardless.
  • The entire Plainville fire department just left my house. Nobody died but I had to evacuate the kids and dogs. Stovepipe caught fire inside. Weird.
  • The entire Plainville fire department just left my house. Nobody died but I had to evacuate the kids and dogs. Stovepipe caught fire inside. Weird.
    It happens. Fuckin' creosote deposits, man.
  • They complimented me on the cleanliness of my chimney and told me that I was clearly burning my stove very efficiently. I have no idea why the pipe was dirtier than the chimney, I guess because it's simply closer to the firebox.
  • Transphobic people have popped up on today's spin of the "Wheel of People who can Get Fucked."
  • AmpAmp
    edited November 2012
    Oh Facebook why do you always misconstrue me so. Despite saying that I'm totally in favour of Obama people now assume that I'm in favour of Romney and the oppression on women because I had the tenacity to say that he wasn't a living god. The dude is good don't get me wrong and I'm super stoked that he won. But the mindless people just going "Woooh Obama" and not understanding his policies is grating.

Edit: Also Fuck my uni's drama group they are little better the loud sacks of crap.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • This country is going in the shitter.
    You're adorable. Please continue.
  • Oh Facebook why do you always misconstrue me so. Despite saying that I'm totally in favour of Obama people now assume that I'm in favour of Romney and the oppression on women because I had the tenacity to say that he wasn't a living god. The dude is good don't get me wrong and I'm super stoked that he won. But the mindless people just going "Woooh Obama" and not understanding his policies is grating.
    Complex/realistic opinions are beyond most people, especially in the wake of six months of psychological build-up.
  • Oh Facebook why do you always misconstrue me so. Despite saying that I'm totally in favour of Obama people now assume that I'm in favour of Romney and the oppression on women because I had the tenacity to say that he wasn't a living god. The dude is good don't get me wrong and I'm super stoked that he won. But the mindless people just going "Woooh Obama" and not understanding his policies is grating.
    Complex/realistic opinions are beyond most people, especially in the wake of six months of psychological build-up.
    Its just irritating. They are the same people that when Kony 2012 was kicking off they "Suddenly cared about Africa" so yeah, they are those type of people. The conversation later detracted into one of my uber-armchair general drop out associates saying that Romney was right in that we need more traditional armies. This is the same guy who did not know who King Edward III was an was of the entrenched opinion that cavalry did not exist till world war one.

But less so than if Romney and Ryan had won. It's no utopia, but take solace in small victories, my friend.

No, it's climbing out.