This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• This country is going in the shitter.
    But less so than if Romney and Ryan had won. It's no utopia, but take solace in small victories, my friend.

Well, at least slower. I'm really happy about the Tea Party losses moreso than anything else, honestly. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of stupid gridlock.

• This is the same guy who did not know who King Edward III was an was of the entrenched opinion that cavalry did not exist till world war one.
    You're in the UK, right? Don't you folks have to memorize the monarchs in grade school or something? Or at least mock his purple effluence?
    Hardly. Recreational marijuana and actual citizen-voted gay marriage? This was a turning point toward "things getting better."

• This is the same guy who did not know who King Edward III was an was of the entrenched opinion that cavalry did not exist till world war one.
    You're in the UK, right? Don't you folks have to memorize the monarchs in grade school or something? Or at least mock his purple effluence?
    Depending on where you are and how history is taught it can change. What we do know is at least some of the more important ones and ones that actually did stuff. Case in point Edward III was one of best medieval monarchs and had a string of victories in the hundred years war. Edward II by comparison is only notable for fucking up and getting a red hot poker up his bottom. As for mocking we can mock the shit out of our monarchs and still do, its part of being one. Man it is nice to talk history :P.

The guy is painfully stupid holding a warped view of World War 2 that is based predominently around the Boys Own adventure books.

Naw, Amps is in England, but history is his jam, man.
    I really would like to see what you mean by this. We'll be gentle with you.
    Hell its my Marmite, Marmalade and at a pinch my butter (but only if were talking about Greek potter that is my dirty secret).

Hell its my Marmite, Marmalade and at a pinch my butter (but only if were talking about Greek potter that is my dirty secret).
    Man, I am all about Kerrygold. Irish butter is just too fuckin' good, man. And Kerrygold isn't even the best one, it's just the one I could afford most of the time. Bit of Frank cooper's Oxford style thick cut or Jamesons whiskey marmalade, but of Kerrygold, fuckin' ace mate.

Man, I am all about Kerrygold. Irish butter is just too fuckin' good, man. And Kerrygold isn't even the best one, it's just the one I could afford most of the time. Bit of Frank cooper's Oxford style thick cut or Jamesons whiskey marmalade, but of Kerrygold, fuckin' ace mate.

Your telling me, coming back from winter work in the woods to hot-cross buns dripping with some Kerrygold puts the warmth in you something fierce! Its got to be thick cut with marmalade though, it needs the bight or its all for naught.

• edited November 2012
    This is the same guy who did not know who King Edward III was an was of the entrenched opinion that cavalry did not exist till world war one.
    Your telling me, coming back from winter work in the woods to hot-cross buns dripping with some Kerrygold puts the warmth in you something fierce! Its got to be thick cut with marmalade though, it needs the bight or its all for naught.
    Ohhhh yeah. That's the way to go, aye. And you can't have marmalade without it being thick cut. Hell, even if you don't like the bits, thick cut is best, since it tastes superior, and if you don't like the bits, they're easier to pick out than thin cut. Why you'd pick the bits out, though, I'll never know.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Damn, now I want butter on a bun. Yum.
  • edited November 2012
    Damn, now I want butter on a bun. Yum.
    I won't lie, even though it's nearly 2am, I went and had some toast with butter. Go for it, Gomi.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2012
    Molly is going for x-rays tomorrow, which as it turns out, cost about half as much as I thought they do, so that's good. I think at 5 years, she's just getting old. She refuses to stay on her bed and wants to lie on the hard, unyielding floor all the time because it's cold and she likes the cold, but it's definitely exacerbating her pain, whatever the cause. :-(
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Molly is going for x-rays tomorrow, which as it turns out, cost about half as much as I thought they do, so that's good. I think at 5 years, she's just getting old. She refuses to stay on her bed and wants to lie on the hard, unyielding floor all the time because it's cold and she likes the cold, but it's definitely exacerbating her pain, whatever the cause. :-(
    That really sucks, but I'm glad the x-rays aren't terribly expensive. What type of dog is she?

• She's a Bernese Mountain Dog, so she's already past middle age, and she had a really, really, really rough puppy-hood, so she's probably got fewer than the standard 9 years in her.
  • Yeah, those dogs have a ton of joint problems and whatnot, and 5 is generally when that happens. It's unfortunate, but bigger dogs (no matter how lovely) generally have more genetic-caused problems.
  • It's such a shame, because Berners are the sweetest fucking dogs that exist on the planet Earth. There's just no comparison. There are other sweetheart breeds, but Berners win on just out and out sweetness and loyalty.
  • They really are.
  • WHOEVER THOUGHT PUTTING THE COMMA KEY SO CLOSE TO ENTER WAS A GOOD IDEA HAS EARNED MY UNDYING HATE HATE HATE!
  • WHOEVER THOUGHT PUTTING THE COMMA KEY SO CLOSE TO ENTER WAS A GOOD IDEA HAS EARNED MY UNDYING HATE HATE HATE!
    That's an apostrophe...
    That's an apostrophe...
    FUCK!
    That's an apostrophe...
    FUCK!
    I'm still with you man, so many half finished messages sent. >_>
  • Its sleeting in Atlanta right now. I guess the fundies were right. Whoops, the apocalypse is upon us.
  • Snowing here, but then, it's supposed to. Just in time for my woodstove to be out of commission.
  • There's a kid who looks like he's 12 in my journalism class. I got curious, so I straight-up asked; he claims he's 19.

I feel like it's the truth, but he could also be a sociopathic child genius who is INCREDIBLE at lying.
  • There's a kid who looks like he's 12 in my journalism class. I got curious, so I straight-up asked; he claims he's 19.

I feel like it's the truth, but he could also be a sociopathic child genius who is INCREDIBLE at lying.
    Occam's razor. You need to cut him in half and then count the rings.

• Does he need to use Occams razor to cut him?
    Ohhhh yeah. That's the way to go, aye. And you can't have marmalade without it being thick cut. Hell, even if you don't like the bits, thick cut is best, since it tastes superior, and if you don't like the bits, they're easier to pick out than thin cut. Why you'd pick the bits out, though, I'll never know.
    I'd not heard of Irish butter, but damn if it doesn't sound delicious.
  • I assumed Irish Butter was a nickname for cheese?