This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• It's worked fine for the 4/5 months I've been living here, but I'm not gonna pass up a free bed.
  • Just got a Viewsonic G Tablet. It's very cool. The worst thing about buying a new electronic gadget is waiting for the battery to charge the first time.
  • CyanogenMod 7 (gingerbread) went stable today. I reformatted and flashed my phone for the last time for a while today. ^_^

Now if I can just get it to take on my tablet...
  • The worst thing about buying a new electronic gadget is waiting for the battery to charge the first time.
    When I first opened my new HD camera, I immediately plugged the battery charger in, then promptly read that one cannot use the charger as a charger and an AC adaptor simultaneously.

Bonus points that the batteries take an absurd amount of time to charge, and don't like to be interrupted.
  • edited April 2011
    Bonus points that the batteries take an absurd amount of time to charge, and don't like to be interrupted.
    Yeah, this tablet has a 3.6 Ah battery. Nice in that it has plenty of battery for me to read on it for a long while. Bad it that it took like 5 hours to charge from nothing.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • It's definitely one thing apple does right - You pull an iDevice out of the box, most of the time, it's charged and ready to set up and/or play with.
  • edited April 2011
    Technically, it isn't. Most devices come with a half charge (Depending on how long they've been in the box.) and Apple devices will only start to show the battery as anything other than fullish when they run below 50%. So if you time your initial discharge, it will be shorter than a fully charged cycle.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited April 2011
    Technically, it isn't. Most devices come with a half charge (Depending on how long they've been in the box.) and Apple devices will only start to show the battery as anything other than full when they run below 50%. So if you time your initial discharge, it will be shorter than a fully charged cycle.
    I'm usually a little too busy messing with the new gadget to bother checking how long the initial discharge takes. And I didn't say fully charged, just charged enough to set up or have a play about with. 50% is usually enough for that - and 50% battery on, say, my iPhone will still get me through the day without signifigant trouble, if any. On my iPod, 50% charge means "well, better make sure I charge that Next week."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • On my iPod, 50% charge means "well, better make sure I charge that Next week."
    And on my Kindle, it means "Huh. Better find my cord sometime next month." :3
  • On my iPod, 50% charge means "well, better make sure I charge that Next week."
    On my HTC that means, "shit, better be careful or I might run out of battery before I get home tonight."
  • Boo-yah: I've just finished recording the soundtrack and editing the latest version of my juggling/travel video, with footage from the past 2 years. It's uploading as we speak!

Fail: I kinda forgot to eat anything for the past 6 hours and I'm starving and I'm going to be late for juggling club.
    Part of why I love my kindle. :3
  • I just wrote my first ever shell script. Starting Oracle Weblogic just went from a massive, 10 minute hassle to 1 command.
  • After a fair bit of hard work over the last few weeks, I discovered I have more than enough in my savings account to buy a round trip ticket to LA! Now, I just have to save up the other few thousand to pay for things like Food, Shelter, and a multitude of sins.
  • Is one of the sins vice? Because I can pay for a little bit of vice for you. A fifth of rum and a pack of smokes would be a decent housewarming gift.
  • Is one of the sins vice? Because I can pay for a little bit of vice for you. A fifth of rum and a pack of smokes would be a decent housewarming gift.
    I think that's really stretching the definition of decent. I'd have said "Very good".
    I think that's really stretching the definition of decent. I'd have said "Very good".
    Dude, I am an unemployed, broke-ass college student. That's as good as it'll get.
  • edited April 2011
    Dude, I am an unemployed, broke-ass college student. That's as good as it'll get.
    No, I mean I'd call a fifth of rum and a pack of smokes "Very good", since I consider it rather better than decent. I'm a bastard, but I'm not that much of a bastard.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Dude, I am an unemployed, broke-ass college student. That's as good as it'll get.
    No, I mean I'd call a fifth of rum and a pack of smokes "Very good", since I consider it rather better than decent. I'm a bastard, but I'm not that much of a bastard.
    Ah, well then. Let me know when you're headed over.
  • I was expecting to feel depressed after going to bed last night feeling down but this morning I woke up and I feel absolutely fabulous. I'm happy, confident and feel like I can almost shoot green lightning out of my ass.

Headache has been going strong for the last few days which is starting to have me concerned.
  • My looming tax bill apparently wasn't. ^_^
  • No mine, but the UK just got rick rolled on Have I got news for you. Rather amusing.
  • No mine, but the UK just got rick rolled on Have I got news for you. Rather amusing.
    I miss the whoremonger.
  • I miss the whoremonger.
    I assume you mean the last guy running it? Its now a guest host each week, been so for a while. Still rather amusing though.
  • I assume you mean the last guy running it? Its now a guest host each week, been so for a while. Still rather amusing though.
    Yep, Good old Angus. The show right after that came out in the news was hilarious.
  • Oh god it was good. One of the most brutal tag teams I have ever seen.
  • This is a tentative Booh Yah! if it becomes real :O
  • Fail: Owed thousands to New York State.
    Booh: Avoided any underpayment penalty.
    Yah: Made substantial profits on investment of said thousands all year.
  • New job, new grill, and Game of Thrones... It's been a kick ass week.
  • Back in 2005 I founded the British Young Juggler of the Year show. It's one of the things I'm most proud of in my whole life, as it changed the juggling scene in the UK, and many of those who have taken part, and performed for the first time in the show, have gone on to be professional jugglers.

I wasn't there to organize or see the show in 2010. And I'm not there this year either. But I can watch live! My brother is live streaming the show right now on Juggling Live. Whoot!