This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Indeed, great fun! And I'll try to make sure you don't look like a psycho. ;-)
  • It was a blast! Seriously, excellent work all around.
  • Got the How To Make Webcomics book by Kurtz, Straub, Kellett, and Guigar, along with some great burgers and aviators. Birthday was a success!
  • edited May 2011
    Indeed, great fun! And I'll try to make sure you don't look like a psycho. ;-)
    A little blood never hurt anyone.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • A little blood never hurt anyone.
    Well, no, but I don't think you could really describe those as only a little blood.
  • It doesn't have to be real blood.
  • Today my piano teacher unexpectedly made my partner and I perform the duet we were assigned so that it could graded, even though we weren't scheduled to perform until next week. As a result, that graded performance was our first time EVER playing the piece together. Afterwards, the whole class and prof commented that we sounded very well-prepared. That's right, we fucking NAILED the piece without any preparation. I feel like a god.
  • Today my piano teacher unexpectedly made my partner and I perform the duet we were assigned so that it could graded, even though we weren't scheduled to perform until next week. As a result, that graded performance was our first time EVER playing the piece together. Afterwards, the whole class and prof commented that we sounded very well-prepared. That's right, we fucking NAILED the piece without any preparation. I feel like a god.
    You got skill and talent; a killer combination
  • 1st year of college complete, one A and one B confirmed so far. Waiting on one grade, and just did my last final today, so won't get that one back for several days.
  • 1st year of college complete
  • 1st year of college complete
    Huh. For some reason I thought you were the same year as Trogdor.
  • Just replaced the headlights on my car by myself. I feel like a wizard.
  • I just ran 6.10 miles in 54.37 minutes. I am not gonna lie, I feel pretty great :P
  • edited May 2011
    Just replaced the headlights on my car by myself. I feel like a wizard.
    Unless it was an Acura RSX, it's hardly difficult.
    Neil Gaiman in DC!
    Do you live in the DC area?
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Neil Gaiman in DC!
    Do you live in the DC area?
    I live in Manassas, but I work in Rockville so if I leave work in time I will be able to make it to the event :D
  • I live in Manassas, but I work in Rockville so if I leave work in time I will be able to make it to the event :D
    You drive by me twice a day, we should hang out.
  • Getting my shit together and aced a test. Feeling good, feelin' good!
    I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
  • I live in Manassas, but I work in Rockville so if I leave work in time I will be able to make it to the event :D
    You drive by me twice a day, we should hang out.
    Definately dude, are you in NOVA or DC?
  • Definately dude, are you in NOVA or DC?
    Live and work in Tysons.
  • Just got an email from my argumentation professor that we can all have notes for the test on a one side of a single piece of paper.

We have a plotter and a tabloid (11x17) printer at work. BOOYAH
  • We have a plotter and a tabloid (11x17) printer at work. BOOYAH
    Have a less extreme fall back...
  • Just got an email from my argumentation professor that we can all have notes for the test on a one side of a single piece of paper.

He is NOT going to let you use that.
  • Print very small. Bring magnifying glass.
  • edited May 2011
    Just got an email from my argumentation professor that we can all have notes for the test on a one side of a single piece of paper.

He is NOT going to let you use that.
    By the by, my teacher is young (probably in her early 30s) and very attractive. She looks a lot like Cameron from "HOUSE". Anyway, here's what happened:

I arrived at class and the professor asked to see our notes pages. She went around the room and eventually got to mine, printed on the 11x17 paper.
    Professor: *cocked eyebrow* Victor, what is this?
    Me: My notes.
    She holds it up.
    Professor: This is more than one page.
    Me: No it isn't. This is one page of tabloid sized paper.
    Professor: I didn't say you could use tabloid sized paper.
    Me: You didn't say we couldn't. You said *pulling a copy of the email I had printed out, anticipating this* "I have decided to let you all have a one-page, one-sided reference
    sheet for the exam. This can be typed or hand-written, and must be turned in with your exam." This is one page of tabloid paper and, as you can see, it is printed on only one side. Since I've met the criteria you specified in your email for the reference sheet, I believe I'm within my right to use this.
    She looked at me sideways for a minute, then cracked a smile.
    Professor: Well, you made a claim and supported it with good evidence. Your argument is sound; Here you go.
    Me: Thank you.
    Professor: Now, what would you have done if I had said 'no'?
    I reached into my backpack and pulled out the same notes printed on a long strip of paper twisted into a mobius loop.
    One of my friends and one other guy started cracking up. She and the rest of the class just looked at me.
    Me: It's a mobius loop. It has only one side.
    She sighed: You are a piece of work.
    My friend: He's technically correct.
    Me: The best kind of correct.

The professor then told us to begin our exams.

She is one of the coolest professors I've ever had. Any other professor would have taken that as a complete affront to their authority.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Print very small. Bring magnifying glass.
    One of my professors told a story about a kid who did this. Since the student followed the rules, he didn't talk his notes. He did take the magnifying glass as that wasn't an allowed testing material.
    And sonic that is awesome.
  • Definately dude, are you in NOVA or DC?
    Live and work in Tysons.
    Dude Tysons is awesome, that is also in the middle of my everyday commute. Whenever you are free just send me an e-mail :D
  • *awesome teacher story*
    Why are you so cool?