This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• ...I'll probably rename her "Beatrix" though, after Beatrix Potter.
    +1

SEE JASON, STILL EASY.
  • We were working out a business plan and it dawned on us all at the same time how good a metaphor the song Milkshake was for the entire process so actual progress ground to a halt and we redid the whole thing along those lines (but as a combination milkshake/tit shaking business).
  • We were working out a business plan and it dawned on us all at the same time how good a metaphor the song Milkshake was for the entire process so actual progress ground to a halt and we redid the whole thing along those lines (but as a combination milkshake/tit shaking business).
    Huh?
  • Well, we'd be selling milkshakes and 'milkshakes' do all the boys they bring to the yard. And for additional revenue streams, we could instruct others in the ways of milkshake production.
  • I am now the captain of my college's Speech and Debate Team.

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!
  • I am now the captain of my college's Speech and Debate Team.

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!
    Are you implying your death is as important as Abraham Lincoln's?
  • I juggled fire for the first time tonight.
  • I juggled fire for the first time tonight.
    ...You must teach me the secrets of fire bending.
  • edited September 2011
    Got a ZM-RSSC usb soundcard to go with my Zalman surround headphones. Works well but it seems the rear left driver is borked. Hoping it's just a loose connection.

No more worrying about plugs, it's just one USB cable and I'm ready to catch skulks in full surround.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2011
    Shots from my wedding last weekend.

^_^
    air guitar
    A geeky addition to the reception and first couple dances ^_^
    Nice shot with lots of crew in the background
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited September 2011
    Pictures exist! Here are the three best ones of me last night.
    Post edited by jmerm on
  • @ScoJo

Are you brown coatin' it? Please say yes. Really great pictures. I really love how the wedding dress is not white.
  • Are you brown coatin' it? Please say yes
    Yes, that was Laura's wedding gift to me. I wore it coming into the reception and through the "parental dances".
  • Yes, that was Laura's wedding gift to me.
    Laura, you are awesome.
  • Yes, that was Laura's wedding gift to me. I wore it coming into the reception and through the "parental dances".
    You could say it was a good Shindig.
  • You could say it was a good Shindig.
    I want that dress, too!
  • Two things. First, my life drawing teacher took me aside during the break to instruct me to continue making insightful comments whenever I feel I know something about what he's talking about, which was a pretty awesome feeling of validation. Then, in Communications (English) I won a Timmy's card for an awesome definition of diagnostic from the lady instructing us on the use of our online class bits.

I am feeling positively giddy about being back in school.
  • Instead of going to Fall Ball and hanging out with drunkards, I played several hours of Dominion and then invited a bunch of people to my room of hot chocolate and whipped cream. I think whipped cream my become a staple of my minifridge.
  • edited September 2011
    Got my first set of dice. :)
    Post edited by Axel on
  • So Saturday night I am helping a friend move heavy things in her apartment. My payment... A pedicure and some sweet vegetarian food. So what goes on in a pedicure? I'm kinda scared
  • So Saturday night I am helping a friend move heavy things in her apartment. My payment... A pedicure and some sweet vegetarian food. So what goes on in a pedicure? I'm kinda scared
    They're awesome! It usually involves soaking your feet in hot water for a bit, scrubbing the callouses off with a pummice stone (sometimes they use a blade thingy to slice the skin off - doesn't hurt, tickles actually), trimming/cleaning up your toenails, getting a foot/leg massage (my favorite part), and painting of the toenails. You can probably skip the last step. :-P

I get a pedicure occasionally because its like going to a spa for your feet. Also, many nail places have you sit in massage chairs. ^_^
  • The one pedicure I ever had included rubbing the tops of me feet with this flat egg shaped thing, which basically rubbed all the hair off. For about a day, I had smooth feet. Fairly short afterward, I returned to hobbit feet.
  • Yeah. The girl who is doing it for me said I have to trim my nails first myself and shave my feet. But she will do everythign else. She also said we are doing face masks and shed fix my eyebrows whatever that means... Well I am gonna do it. I have a date next week. (the date i talked about awhile ago. It got postponed cause neither of us could get off work. and then I got really sick for about a week with food posioning.) I wanna look good for my date.
  • Yeah. The girl who is doing it for me said I have to trim my nails first myself and shave my feet. But she will do everythign else.
    I read this out of context, then stopped reading. I think I'll maintain this version of reality, whatever you're actually talking about.
  • Pedicure happy ending.
  • I am in complete agreement with Lyddi. It's wonderful to get a pedicure, especially a spa pedicure. You sit in a massage chair with your feet soaking in hot water. They remove the callouses and cuticles. They also give you a lower leg massage with moisture treatment. I also get a paraffin wax dip to exfoliate dead skin.

I don't think those will all happen with you. Perhaps it will, but it is so nice to be pampered.
  • They remove the callouses and cuticles.
    That is horrible. I like my feet callouses, they let me run barefoot on gravel.
  • Got our copy of Burning Wheel Gold.
  • edited September 2011
    They remove the callouses and cuticles.
    That is horrible. I like my feet callouses, they let me run barefoot on gravel.
    I like mine, too. Better for slacklining and hiking. Fuck your toe, ball, and heel blisters, my feet have built-in protection that let's me walk carefree as long as I feel like it.

I've never been uncomfortable about foot callouses; my brothers make fun of them, but to me they're just a badge of honor that I earned by getting most everywhere in the city and on campus by walking.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2011
    The library's lending iPads! I've got a new toy for two weeks!
    Post edited by Ruffas on