This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I'm skeptical of bonding Ozy to another bunny only to have his friend be living far away about 90-95% of the time. It seems like not the best idea to me, I guess we'll see what happens.
    Yeah. I'd think it would be better if you just got to the point where they tolerate each other when they are staying at the same house, but I definitely would not put the effort in to bond them unless they were actually living together.
  • Through the mysticism of ludity I have some how willed the arcane gods of my router to benign and bless me with a decent service!
  • I'm surprised Emily hasn't suggested: Get more rabbits.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm surprised Emily hasn't suggested: Get more rabbits.
    It will solve all your problems. Well, unless your problem is that you have too many rabbits.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm surprised Emily hasn't suggested: Get more rabbits.
    It will solve all your problems. Well, unless your problem is that you have too many rabbits.
    You can then solve that problem by acquiring a taste for rabbit meat.
  • edited September 2011
    Not hard. I'm sorry to say, rabbit is delicious.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Community + Doctor Who reference = Awesome :D
    I love Inspector Spacetime.
    You are my new best friend.
  • You can then solve that problem by acquiring a taste for rabbit meat.
    I don't understand. Nobody ever says "Well, if you get too many dogs you can just cook them." It's weird having an animal for a pet that walks the line between livestock and beloved companion animal in our culture.
    Well, unless your problem is that you have too many rabbits.
    That's a problem down there for sure.
    Not hard. I'm sorry to say, rabbit is delicious.
    But I am happy when Australians hunt rabbits, because it is good for the environment. Man, I do wish I could go back in time and punch the jerk who imported those rabbits and let them loose in the first place. He would have done less damage setting off a bomb. Now the people, the native animals, and the rabbits all suffer. Plus then you invent the Myxomatosis and Hemorrhagic Fevers and stuff, and the rabbits die in SPAIN, and then the lynx starves! And it SUCKS! ARRRRGH.
    *pantpant* rant over.
  • edited September 2011
    Uh, Emily, unless any of those illnesses grant rabbits the ability to teleport (which would be super neat), I doubt those poor aussie rabbits die in Spain. ^_~

Anyway! I am now posting my new newly build PC! It's Sooooo Awesome!!! Lowest Windows Experience Index score: 7.5
    The others are 7.6, 7.9, 7.9 and 7.0.

IT ONLY GOES TO 8!!!!

^___________________________________________________________^
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • But I am happy when Australians hunt rabbits, because it is good for the environment.
    Also, they're delicious. And while it sounds horrible, they're good sport - Quick and alert - which makes them rather more popular than something dozy and placid.
    Man, I do wish I could go back in time and punch the jerk who imported those rabbits and let them loose in the first place.
    If I invent a time machine, you're the first candidate.
    Plus then you invent the Myxomatosis and Hemorrhagic Fevers and stuff, and the rabbits die in SPAIN, and then the lynx starves! And it SUCKS! ARRRRGH.
    Didn't invent it, it was discovered in Uruguay, but we did introduce it, nasty stuff, and a bad move, but desperate times I guess. Happily, they're getting really resistant to it now, the disease is dying out, as are the hemorrhagic fevers - that's the good bit, if there is one, about such horrible diseases. The Resistant rabbits survive, and breed, eliminating the disease from that population.
  • edited September 2011
    Is it open season 24/7/365 on rabbits in Australia? If that's the case, I'm going to buy an air rifle when I get down there and have a fucking feast. Or train ferrets as routers like my dad's old friends in Spain.
    I don't understand. Nobody ever says "Well, if you get too many dogs you can just cook them." It's weird having an animal for a pet that walks the line between livestock and beloved companion animal in our culture.
    I'd try dog or horse. I hear they're tasty. I'd also like a pet rabbit, but I love eating rabbit. Haters gonna hate.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • 24/7/365 on rabbits in Australia?
    You can do that when you are in blighty as well. Though you would need to ask before hand.

Food is food. I wouldn't eat my dog as it is infinitely more useful that a rabbit will be to me.

Booh-Yah; My society is really starting to look up. As it stands there is a good chance we will get funding from the Uni to go to conventions.
  • BooBoo came home today! She is officially mine and living here, as of about an hour ago. She's pretty good with being handled, and already knows her cage as "home" and for the most part, her litter box as "bathroom" (she goes there to pee without question, but has pooped around the outside of her cage a few times). Overall, she's handling everything really well! She's already alright with me holding her, and sleeping on my tummy, and climbing all over my lap. I am ridiculously happy, but I've also yet to eat today so I have to take a break to let her adjust to the cage and for me to eat.
  • Is it open season 24/7/365 on rabbits in Australia? If that's the case, I'm going to buy an air rifle when I get down there and have a fucking feast. Or train ferrets as routers like my dad's old friends in Spain.
    As far as I know. However, of course, Ask anyone before you go on their land, close gates behind you, and if their eyes are cloudy at all, don't fuckin' eat it, just be happy in the fact you saved it from a slow, starving death.
    I'd try dog or horse. I hear they're tasty. I'd also like a pet rabbit, but I love eating rabbit. Haters gonna hate.
    Horse tastes like boiled assholes. Not a fan. Dog tastes...odd. Hard to pin it down, really.
  • Horse tastes like boiled assholes. Not a fan.
    Horse wasn't so bad when I tried it, kind of tasted like tougher venison, but that may well be the vodka remembering (Russian fellow who took us to dinner was very free with the drink).
  • Horse wasn't so bad when I tried it
    I had it in France, while I was there briefly. Might just be the way it was cooked.
  • My latest computer science homework strongly recommends that we do it by sshing into the comp-sci lab and provides instructions on how to do so. Also at the request of Randall Munroe, we get a point of extra credit if we can get a rhyming couplet into our code.
  • For those who don't know (aka 99.99% of you), I'm a student at New York University, and the president of the school's Games Club. On Wednesday evening, I received a strange e-mail from a professor from the art school's Interactive Telecommunications Program. He wanted to meet with me about organizing some gaming events. I met with him on Friday, and now it looks like I have a new paying job planning out social gaming events for casual audiences. The professor wants to figure out better ways to market gaming evens for the "non-gamer" and guess who gets to be an assistant/consultant/arbiter of taste. I'm already assembling a document with my ideas (Action Castle, "Emergent Gameplay", and the sinister powers of Apples to Apples are all mentioned). Super pumped about this (and looking for suggestions)!
  • For those who don't know (aka 99.99% of you), I'm a student at New York University, and the president of the school's Games Club. On Wednesday evening, I received a strange e-mail from a professor from the art school's Interactive Telecommunications Program. He wanted to meet with me about organizing some gaming events. I met with him on Friday, and now it looks like I have a new paying job planning out social gaming events for casual audiences. The professor wants to figure out better ways to market gaming evens for the "non-gamer" and guess who gets to be an assistant/consultant/arbiter of taste. I'm already assembling a document with my ideas (Action Castle, "Emergent Gameplay", and the sinister powers of Apples to Apples are all mentioned). Super pumped about this (and looking for suggestions)!
    Can you get that guy to write a letter or something detailing the advantages of this sort of program? I'd love to start something like that on my campus (and get paid).
  • Uh, Emily, unless any of those illnesses grant rabbits the ability to teleport (which would be super neat), I doubt those poor aussie rabbits die in Spain.
    If the disease stayed on the Australian continent, it would be okay (poor guys, but they are an invasive species), but some asshole brought an engineered super-virus to Europe to get rid of rabbits on his property and it is an epidemic, wrecking havok on the rabbits' natural populations.
    Food is food. I wouldn't eat my dog as it is infinitely more useful that a rabbit will be to me.
    That's what I am saying, if you look at it that way, any animal can be "food." Food is not a category of animal, merely one of the many products of interaction between human and other species. (A good example are pigs that are trained to detect scent. A "Usually food" species has another job, that is "Not food.")
    Plus, my rabbits have a job. That job is entertaining me with funny jumps and letting me go snuggle my face in their fur. The rabbit's job is the relief of the effects of stress on the human central nervous system.
    Also destroying the baseboards, but I am pretty sure that isn't in the job description, but merely unpaid overtime.
    BooBoo came home today! She is officially mine and living here, as of about an hour ago. She's pretty good with being handled, and already knows her cage as "home" and for the most part, her litter box as "bathroom" (she goes there to pee without question, but has pooped around the outside of her cage a few times). Overall, she's handling everything really well! She's already alright with me holding her, and sleeping on my tummy, and climbing all over my lap. I am ridiculously happy, but I've also yet to eat today so I have to take a break to let her adjust to the cage and for me to eat.
    She's a cutie, no lie. Looking forward to updates.

Also, did you know that today is International Rabbit Day?
  • Highlights of tonight include:
    Officiating an impromptu rap battle for some bros on public bus, as well as beat boxing for them.
    Getting some digits from two cute girls, mostly for playing Puerto Rico with them and being awesome.
    Having one of those said girls spot me for some ice cream.
    I believe I can mark today in the W column.
  • edited September 2011
    Every single one of my roommates and I have something in common:

Guy 1 -- Compsci, /mu/tants (spent a good few hours last night talking about music)
    Guy 2 -- Biomedical sciences
    Girl 1 -- From Spain
    Girl 2 -- Linguistics, literature
    Girl 3 -- From Australia (I'm counting this shit because I'm almost certainly doing part of my gap year in Australia)

Also, the compsci guy brought a Dreamcast and four controllers. Gonna get out JGR and Ikaruga on.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2011
    Girl 3 -- From Australia (I'm counting this shit because I'm almost certainly doing part of my gap year in Australia)
    Where from?

EDIT - And what does she drink?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Girl 3 -- From Australia (I'm counting this shit because I'm almost certainly doing part of my gap year in Australia)
    Where from?

EDIT - And what does she drink?
    Melbourne. No idea, but I'm keen on finding out. If you follow.
  • He shall love and leave all of your roommates, men and women alike.
  • David Urs Skiotha, Breaker of Roommate Contracts and Men. Most unruly of all men! I wear your fathers' and brothers' security deposits upon my arms! Who will evict me!?
  • I think I'm cruising through my story outlines today. Feels really good, and I think this will flow pretty well.
  • Melbourne. No idea, but I'm keen on finding out. If you follow.
    Hmm. A filthy Mexican. I'm sure we can figure something out, here.
  • I picked up Guitar Hero Metallica again and managed to beat both Whiplash and All Nightmare Long on expert guitar today. Those are two of my favorite songs by the band and probably my two favorite songs in the game since they left out Damage Inc.
  • My mate bought over some of his tools to help me out with a little work around the house, installing some sliding baskets in an oddly shaped cupboard, and at one point, we needed chisels, so he whipped his out...Oh god. Pitted, burred, curled, it was just a horror show - so, after an hour's work on the oilstone, They're all sharp enough to shave with - literally, I tested them by taking the hair off my fingers. Niiiiice.