This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I think you're forgetting who was kicking who's ass in which game there, skippy.
    Magical Drop or Battle Balls, I give you all the balls.
    You can't handle my balls. Should you bring your measly weak balls against my giant manly balls, surely yours would be crushed.
    But can you handle my Irritating Stick?
  • I think you're forgetting who was kicking who's ass in which game there, skippy.
    Magical Drop or Battle Balls, I give you all the balls.
    You can't handle my balls. Should you bring your measly weak balls against my giant manly balls, surely yours would be crushed.
    But can you handle my Irritating Stick?
    Does it have balls?
  • Poster sale today at school. Among my acquisitions; giant Scott Pilgrim poster, British Dalek "To Victory" poster, and a small frame with "Serenity" written in Chinese characters. My room is now 20% cooler.

I also wrote "Acquire My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic" posters on their feedback card. Hopefully when they come back in 6 months they'll have some!
  • So my English teacher is having us write our research papers on 2 of the top 100 British films of the 20th century, with no overlap within a class. He opened requests at midnight. I set ifttt to send him an email at midnight and went to bed, while a bunch of kids waited at their computers and lost to me.

TL;DR writing my senior research paper on The Life of Brian and The Wicker Man.
  • I'd have done Trainspotting and Dr. No.
  • The Wicker Man.
    Bear suited Nic Cage punching a bitch or the other one?
  • Shaved against the grain with my safety razor today and only cut myself once!
  • The fiance claimed to not really like Anime. We watched Spirited Away and last night watched Howl's Moving Castle, and she is now hooked.
  • A winner is you!

But everyone loves Miyazaki. Doesn't mean she'll like anime.
  • A winner is you!

I can certainly live with that, as I'm not a huge fan of the Anime. I'm gonna try Cowboy Bebop next for her.
  • A winner is you!

I can certainly live with that, as I'm not a huge fan of the Anime. I'm gonna try Cowboy Bebop next for her.
    Cowboy Bebop is still hit or miss for some people, though when people actively dislike Bebop I get confused. If it's just not their cup of tea, it's completely okay, but...I can't see anything all that bad about it...

• But everyone loves Miyazaki. Doesn't mean she'll like anime.
    I don't love Miyasaki. I like some of his earlier works liked his version of Lupin, Nausicca, and Mononoke Hime. He started to loose me with Spirited Away, since then I haven't watch any of his new movies with except of "Ponyo", which was good but not great.
  • He started to lose me with Spirited Away
    Sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine. You can lose your wallet/mind. Your tires or wall-mounted plasma TV could be loose.

Back to the main point, I think I'll eventually watch the rest of his stuff to compare.
  • Yeah, not a Spirited Away fan. Not the Miyasaki I'd start outsiders on, the plot is way too random. Mononoke would be my go to Miyasaki film.
  • the plot is way too random
    I'm not sure I follow on that front. Howl's, yes. But Spirited Away? The plot is straightforward.
    I'm not sure I follow on that front. Howl's, yes. But Spirited Away? The plot is straightforward.
    I think he means that Spirited away felt like less of an "adventure." It could certainly be considered to be one, but in terms of a literal journey across different settings and the like, Spirited Away (though amazing) is more of an escape story than a journey, and journeys are more accessible to newcomers, I guess.
    I think what he meant was actually that the setting is too random, which I agree with, and is the main reason why that movie is at the bottom of my Miyazaki list.
  • One of the teacher's in my department is the aunt of Dante Bosco, voice actor of Zuko in A:TLA.

SO COOL
  • One of the teacher's in my department is the aunt of Dante Bosco, voice actor of Zuko in A:TLA.

SO COOL
    Also RUFIO RUFIO! RU! FI! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!

SO COOL
    Also RUFIO RUFIO! RU! FI! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!
    YEP
    I love Dante Bosco. I'm gonna have that teacher next quarter. So excited.
  • I just got my democratic process on, yo!
  • Yesterday I climbed the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point in Yosemite Valley. The most amazing hike in my entire life. Rain, snow, mist, clouds, blue sky, the most amazing scenery ever, then the most amazing sunset ever, then the stars came out, and then, as I reached the base of the trail again, the moon rose over the mountain I'd just climbed.

Also, as the weather at the start was so bad, only four other people walked the same route, and all well before me. A magical day in an awesome place.

Loads of photos coming later, I hope.
  • Not exactly sure when I started, but I'm rocking tea now.
  • Not exactly sure when I started, but I'm rocking tea now.
    Not sure how far down the rabbit hole you really want to go, but I'd highly recommend the Ingenuitea as an infuser. It's (fairly) cheap, extremely simple, incredibly easy to clean (dishwasher!) and using loose leaf tea is just about the best way to enjoy tea that I've found. Also, The Tea Table is the best website I've found to order from. They do tea in bags and all sorts of loose leaf tea by the ounce for very reasonable prices and shipping. Also they will let you add free samples to the basket.
  • What? No. Tea bags! My morning french press coffee ritual is work enough as it is, I don't need to complicate afternoon tea.
  • What? No. Tea bags! My morning french press coffee ritual is work enough as it is, I don't need to complicate afternoon tea.
    I can agree. At work I always do tea bags, but at home (where I don't really drink coffee) I do all the proper rites and rituals to craft a good cup of tea. Although, I did tell a coworker today that only colonists drink tea without milk/cream.
    Loose leaf is less expensive and tastes better. I do both, but I prefer loose leaf. This is a tea drinking office.
  • While it's getting a bit cooler now, Ketepa loose leaf tea makes some great iced tea. But yeah loose leaf all the way. Tea is best when made in a tea pot with a tea ball.
  • edited October 2011
    Not exactly sure when I started, but I'm rocking tea now.
    Not sure how far down the rabbit hole you really want to go, but I'd highly recommend the Ingenuitea as an infuser. It's (fairly) cheap, extremely simple, incredibly easy to clean (dishwasher!) and using loose leaf tea is just about the best way to enjoy tea that I've found. Also, The Tea Table is the best website I've found to order from. They do tea in bags and all sorts of loose leaf tea by the ounce for very reasonable prices and shipping. Also they will let you add free samples to the basket.
    While it's getting a bit cooler now, Ketepa loose leaf tea makes some great iced tea. But yeah loose leaf all the way. Tea is best when made in a tea pot with a tea ball.
    This is my favorite thing.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited October 2011
    Call me old fashioned if you absolutely must, but I prefer to have a spout, rather than the little curved lip you have on that teapot. Though, admittedly, my main teapot is not entirely dissimilar - Borosilicate glass, basket infuser, so on. I might grab a picture later on.
    Post edited by Churba on