This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Second Boo-Yah:

I finally got my email from HR notifying me that I will (should) be receiving my yearly performance award next week!

I'm not sweating because I needed the money, but because I was changing to a whole different VA division/system and didn't want to fall through the cracks and end up having it missing.

That pretty much is the icing to how my day is going pretty darn well.
  • I'm averaging 38+ MPG (US Gallon = 3.8L) with my Mazda 2 combined city and highway. As sad as I was to see the miata go, the 2 really is a great commuter. Fun to drive and it appeals to my inner tree hugger. ^_^
  • edited March 2012
    I think you meant to say skinflint. Nothing wrong with saving that cash.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I think you meant to say skinflint. Nothing wrong with saving that cash.
    I'd rather be a skinflint than skint, to be fair.
  • I think you meant to say skinflint. Nothing wrong with saving that cash.
    It actually doesn't save me much money, but the carbon emissions are much lower. Fuel is stupid cheap in America, because not only do we not tax it like other countries, our gov't subsidizes the oil industry.
  • edited March 2012
    I think you meant to say skinflint. Nothing wrong with saving that cash.
    It actually doesn't save me much money, but the carbon emissions are much lower. Fuel is stupid cheap in America, because not only do we not tax it like other countries, our gov't subsidizes the oil industry.
    Wierd - Petrol costs me about the same that it costs you, at roughly a dollar forty or fifty per litre, but it still costs me nearly a hundred bucks to fill my tank, and I don't even let it get down past quarter full, most of the time.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Nah, our fuel is a little over a dollar a liter.
  • Churba apparently likes to fill the trunk of the car with petrol, just in case.
  • edited March 2012
    Churba apparently likes to fill the boot of the car with petrol, just in case.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Churba apparently likes to fill the trunk of the car with petrol, just in case.
    No he just has a van which has a large tank. My SAAB has a 70L tank, and that would cost near $80 to fill normally at Churba's fuel costs.
  • edited March 2012
    Churba apparently likes to fill the trunk of the car with petrol, just in case.
    Christ, that would be expensive - I drive a cargo van. That thing is ALL trunk.

Most people I know, in all seriousness, unless they drive wee midgety little cars like some 15 year old Ford Laser or the like, it will cost them in the region of 80-100 bucks to fill the tank, if they're using regular petrol, as opposed to E10 or premium fuels. Or Diesel.

EDIT - Ninja'd by George, but yeah, that's pretty much the case. Since it's a factory-commercial vehicle, it's a big tank in The Mighty Van, about 90L.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • My one complaint about my 2 is its midget 42L fuel tank. Despite it's awesome mileage, its cruising range is far less than my thristier turbocharged saab.
  • edited March 2012
    My history teacher is letting me teach a lesson on the little known awesome people of World War II.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • I say go for a Mad Max style bolted on fuel drum.
  • I say go for a Mad Max style bolted on fuel drum.
    I would, if I wanted to be a fuckin' pauper for the rest of my life. I know people with either bigger tanks than mine, or tank/subtank systems. The worst sting out of that group is about $250 bucks to fill both tanks. Could be worse, though, my old man has a boat with twin marine V8s, costs him about a grand to fill the tanks to the top, though admittedly, he rarely empties them all the way - it's enough for about six hours travel, if he's traveling on the plane(the most efficient way) the majority of the time.

• My one complaint about my 2 is its midget 42L fuel tank. Despite it's awesome mileage, its cruising range is far less than my thristier turbocharged saab.
    Yup. The Fit is the same way. 40 L capacity.

• I went to ShamrockFest DC 2012 and it was pretty amazing :D
  • Reason rally despite the rain was a lot of fun Tim Minchin and Eddie izzard gave really great performances (I left before Bad Religion). Getting to see James Randi, Richard Dawkins and Michael Shermer speak live was pretty awesome as well as well as a lot of advocates around the world and Fred Phelps estranged son.
  • You may have seen me talking about this in one place or another, but this is the last one, I promise. This weekend two other students and I did RIT48, a 48-hour startup competition. The three of us poured every ounce of effort and energy we had into this, and we're really happy with the result. We came in second place!

Here's me pitching the idea.

Here's our mockup launch page.

</brag>
  • edited March 2012
    Churba apparently likes to fill the trunk of the car with petrol, just in case.
    Christ, that would be expensive - I drive a cargo van. That thing is ALL trunk.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Got my Iron Sky On Tour -ticket today. I'll be seeing it on Wednesday and might then tell the forums how it was.
  • Woo Hoo!
    Today, I made my old janky bike speaker setup AWESOME. I repaired one of the busted caps in the speaker, installed a permanent battery compartment on the bike, installed a handlebar powerswitch, and routed the wires all nicey nicey. It took some time, but it was totally worth it!

• My crazy roommate just moved out and is going to continue to pay electric until our next roommate moves in (May). She also paid May and June rent, meaning the next girl to move in doesn't have to pay rent her first two months here.
    ...and CR left me frozen yogurt.

...she took a few pot lids, but I'll accept that collateral damage for her to be gone.
  • Party at Anrild's! :P
  • ...and CR left me frozen yogurt.
    Poison.
    Someone should fly me over.
    Pfft. "Fly"... I'll DRIVE.