This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• The middle of nowhere, East Bumfuck, New York. In September.
    How far is East Bumfuck from Rochester? There's a whole lotta "nowhere" between Albany and Rochester (other than Syracuse).
    1. Drive to Albany.

2. Get on 87 N and drive for about 1.5 hours.

3. Get off of 87 near exit 23 or so. Drive for 30 minutes through country mountain roads. Try not to die on Tongue Mountain.

4. Eventually, when you're pretty sure you're lost and there's no civilization in sight, take a left.

5. Congratulations, you have found the Wells' house!

I will prepare an entire chest of select beers for when this eventually happens.

I seriously have a steamer trunk I will transport them (and a propane cannon of my own design) to Petefest with.

• I was under the weather last week and was unable to go to ECCC. I asked my friend, who was going and actually knows Yuko & Ananth, to get me the most recent Johnny Wander book, but they were already sold out. Instead, he got Yuko to do a sketch.

I'm 90% sure the sketch on the top left is the one for me.

• Boo Yah 1: Went to my first Brony Meetup. There were over 150 people.
    Boo Yah 2: I played the drums and sang on Rock Band to pony songs.
    Boo Yah 3: I was given the opportunity to plug the game I'm working on. I get up in front of the crowd and say "Hi, My name is Victor Frost, Director of Voice Acting for My Little Pony: Love is Magic."....
    Boo Yah 4: AND THE CROWD FREAKED OUT! There was cheering and whistling, even a little right after I said my name.
    My reaction: O.o!! ... ^_~ Oh, so you've heard of us, alright then!

That felt... Amazing.
    Nice. Two things. I thought you WROTE on Love is Magic too. And was the rock band set up like this?
    No, I just handle the voice acting part of it. However, the actresses and I often do submit edits to the script because sometimes lines come out sounding weird spoken aloud even if they look fine on paper.

And no, no Fluttershy and RD singing in our the Rock Band virtual band.

• Fitted my PS2 with a new fan as well as a 3-pin fan mount. As such, I can swap it out quickly in the future.
    Also, my PS2 has the big heatsink so overheating shouldn't be a problem.

Big heatsink:

Small heatsink:
  • Thanks to the magic of modern medicine, my blood pressure is now 115/75.
  • Thanks to the magic of modern medicine, my blood pressure is now 115/75.
    I don't actually know what those numbers mean, but you seem happy and you've been struggling with this for a while, so hooray!
  • Ordered the regalia for my graduation in May. Less than 2 months until I get hooded!
  • Yay silly suits!
  • I didn't screw up my BV ELISA run while running 4 different NA assays.
    Also, my lab friends at work are awesome! :D
  • Ordered the regalia for my graduation in May. Less than 2 months until I get hooded!
    I'm very worried about you being in the south and getting any outfit consisting of a robe and a hood.

• Officially in the states! Everything went awesome! Customs guy was also going to PAX!
  • Officially in the states! Everything went awesome! Customs guy was also going to PAX!
    You won the travel game.
  • And apparently customs guy won the PAX game.
  • Not only did I hit my target running distance of two miles today, but I did it much faster than I expected (16:40). I'm really glad I started running.
  • Not only did I hit my target running distance of two miles today, but I did it much faster than I expected (16:40). I'm really glad I started running.
    Good on you dude!
    I finish my first half a marathon in almost a year and a half, and I just really started running about a month ago. Than again the pseudo-P90X that I did during the winter helped a lot :P
    I am gonna lie down now :O
  • "Congratulations and welcome to Bridgewater State University! You have been admitted as a resident student for fall of 2012."
  • After running 11 km I still have energy to do some P90X.
    Why do I want to kill myself? I am not sure but it feels so right :P
  • Name-dropping and pulling strings got me into the microbio classes I need to get the proper background to study synthetic bio, immunology, and zymology. Aw yeah, game changers.
  • Name-dropping and pulling strings got me into the microbio classes I need to get the proper background to study synthetic bio, immunology, and zymology. Aw yeah, game changers.
    Immunology was a hard class, and I promise myself back in the day that I would never do it again. Years later I found myself working in a Vaccine company, and I am enjoying every minute of it. Life is sarcastic like that I think :P

• I have a lunch next week. It follows an interview I had on Monday with the HR manager and Operations manager for an audiovisual company that reached out to me. This is the company that is the in house a/v provider at San Diego Convention Center.
  • Tentatively scheduling in some course on integrative neurobiology and cellular-molecular neurobiology. The former spends a couple weeks on the basics of brain-machine interfaces.

Anyone want some microsofts?
  • I'm down, providing you don't use it as an excuse to burn out my neural system. You can't separate me from the matrix, I'm addicted.

... though it's not like I'm using. My body has just developed a massive internet deficiency.
  • edited April 2012
    Dude, sign me up! I was about to put a little money aside anyway to buy a Mind Flex game so I could hack it, hook it up to my arduino, and start tracking my brain waves.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You can always get going with some homebrew tDCS.
  • Uhh, thanks for the link, but I don't trust myself to make something that can stimulate my brain directly. If it's not a professional doing it, I'll be keeping the old wetware in read only mode thankyouverymuch.
  • edited April 2012
    Uhh, thanks for the link, but I don't trust myself to make something that can stimulate my brain directly. If it's not a professional doing it, I'll be keeping the old wetware in read only mode thankyouverymuch.
    I was being facetious. Transcranial current from a 9V battery is enough to blind you and form brain lesions. You need a proper trode net and a set of very precise potentiometers to do tDCS properly; best wait till that equipment is commercially available and idiotproofed.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My coworker recently went to the Tillamook cheese factory in Oregon and got me a cheese block stress reliever. My collection has increased to 12.

• The cat and chicken are the best.
  • I thought constipated mushroom humidifier was going to be larger than that.
  • edited April 2012
    I showed up for Public Speaking class ten minutes late, completely unkempt (but smelling nice) in a red plaid bathrobe and a slightly bent pair of plastic amber colored horn-rimmed sunglasses. While two of my classmates gave their speeches (each about 6 minutes long) I prepared the outline for mine. When it was my turn to speak, I pulled this video up on the projector with the sound muted:

From there, between gulps of coffee, bitching about my ex girlfriend, scribbling on the whiteboard, complaining that I needed a cigarette, and a couple of contemplative pauses, I proceeded to describe what causality is and why it's important. Following that, I attempted to convince my audience that they did not have free will, and that accepting the fact that they do not have free will would be beneficial. When I finished the mood of the room could only be described as "mindfucked". I am proud of myself.
    Post edited by Walker on