This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I owed New York State almost exactly what the Federal Government owed me this year: the two balanced out to effectively zero.

The scary part is that I not only had to itemize my deductions, but that doing so saved me thousands of dollars despite not owning a home or having really any significant deductions other than taxes paid.
  • I'm pretty sure Child's Play donations are tax deductible, but I didn't put them down because I didn't give directly this year (only through Humble Bundles), and it's really not that much money.

I guess my boo yah is that I finally got over my food poisoning (after two days), though I didn't actively to anything to help and just suffered through it.
  • I didn't deduct any of my charitable contributions out of primarily laziness.
  • edited March 2012
    I didn't deduct any of my charitable contributions out of primarily laziness.
    My donation to Wikipedia was not large enough to offset the standard deduction, mostly cause I'm only a poor person in the 80th percentile. :P
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Yeah, I hate the way deductions work. I spent so much time figuring out all my deductions (for regular income, separate from self-employed income deductions, a whole other beast). Yet absolutely none of them went through in the end because of some stupid limit or whatnot. So now when I donate clothes, I don't even bother getting the receipt because I'm not gunna get to deduct it anyway.
  • That's it. We're doing that next Petefest.
    There's a Petefest? I want an invite to Petefest :(
    Well, for one, stop being in the UK. And then get to the east coast. We shoot guns, blow things up, eat too much meat, and drink too much beer.

Well, for one, stop being in the UK. And then get to the east coast. We shoot guns, blow things up, eat too much meat, and drink too much beer.

You know, you can still invite him, even if he is in the UK. Just give him enough notice to make plans. Then if he backs out, you can call him a pansywus!

• I've got a fast car, a radar detector, backpacking gear, and insomnia. Let's make it happen, cap'n.
  • I would not mind driving up to where ever this Petefest may occur. It sounds like a jolly good time.
  • edited March 2012
    The middle of nowhere, East Bumfuck, New York. In September.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • The middle of nowhere, East Bumfuck, New York. In September.
    Good times.
    How far is East Bumfuck from Rochester? There's a whole lotta "nowhere" between Albany and Rochester (other than Syracuse).
  • New iPad!
  • edited March 2012
    Just so you guys now.
    This is big news everywhere in the world, except the USA.
    Also, I can't wait for it:

Post edited by Erwin on
    How far is East Bumfuck from Rochester? There's a whole lotta "nowhere" between Albany and Rochester (other than Syracuse).
    Very far. The Hague.

Although this year we maybe in Melrose which is closer but still a ways away from things.
  • Just so you guys now.
    This is big news everywhere in the world, except the USA.
    Also, I can't wait for it:

Oh shit, when is this coming out? I need to see it.
  • Oh shit, when is this coming out? I need to see it.
    Crunchyroll picked it up, apparently.

• New iPad!
    I just got one this week too!
  • Boo Yah 1: Went to my first Brony Meetup. There were over 150 people.
    Boo Yah 2: I played the drums and sang on Rock Band to pony songs.
    Boo Yah 3: I was given the opportunity to plug the game I'm working on. I get up in front of the crowd and say "Hi, My name is Victor Frost, Director of Voice Acting for My Little Pony: Love is Magic."....
    Boo Yah 4: AND THE CROWD FREAKED OUT! There was cheering and whistling, even a little right after I said my name.
    My reaction: O.o!! ... ^_~ Oh, so you've heard of us, alright then!

That felt... Amazing.
    Boo Yah 3: I was given the opportunity to plug the game I'm working on. I get up in front of the crowd and say "Hi, My name is Victor Frost, Director of Voice Acting for My Little Pony: Love is Magic."....
    Boo Yah 4: AND THE CROWD FREAKED OUT! There was cheering and whistling, even a little right after I said my name.

That felt... Amazing.
    Wait, I thought people cheered everywhere you went.
  • Whatever gave you an idea like that?
  • Bought this shiny, shiny keyboard for $20. Thank you Newegg.
    If it's not buckling spring, it's crap! :P
    It's actually much simpler than that. If it's Rosewill, it's crap.

It's actually much simpler than that. If it's Rosewill, it's crap.

Actually, I've had good luck with Rosewill external drive enclosures. However, I haven't used anything else of theirs.
  • It just has a lot more cool buttons that aren't on my current keyboard. Plus, $20 is pretty cheap.
    1. Drive to Albany.

2. Get on 87 N and drive for about 1.5 hours.

3. Get off of 87 near exit 23 or so. Drive for 30 minutes through country mountain roads. Try not to die on Tongue Mountain.

4. Eventually, when you're pretty sure you're lost and there's no civilization in sight, take a left.

5. Congratulations, you have found the Wells' house!

• Try not to die on Tongue Mountain.
    This is the most important (and fun) step.

That felt... Amazing.
    Nice. Two things. I thought you WROTE on Love is Magic too. And was the rock band set up like this?