This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Not the greatest accomplishment of our time, but with a combination of Dropbox and Mac OS Folder Actions I finally rigged it up so that when I take a photo on my Android, it's automatically imported into iPhoto on my desktop at home more or less instantly.

This is tits.

I have no reason to ever plug my phone into my computer again, except maybe to load ROMs for emulators. :P
  • Todat I am a man (or at least an adult).
  • Who has a Potemayo GIF and just got accepted into the ShootMania beta?

• Got into an argument with my dad. Finding out someone who as made your life so miserable is so weak and childish is such a relieving feeling.
  • Heh.. So your big Anime Expo panel was about My Little Pony.

Our biggest Otakon panel ever was about Dungeons & Dragons.

Funny that.
    I'm running a panel at Otakon this year about Disney and Tezuka. I wonder how popular that will end up being.

• edited July 2012
    I really glitched up JC2MP. I managed to get NPCs and vehicles back on my client. Also, speedhacks. It's fun to play games before they have anti-cheat :P
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Guillermo del Toro is making a giant robot movie, motherfuckers.

• Went to the local swap meet today just to walk around in the nice weather and just to do some shopping.

This one booth had like 8 of these authentic San-X Tare Panda plushies in wrap for sale. I ask the guy how much, and he's says, "$1".

I say to myself, "HOLY SHIT! That's a fucking bargain. This stuff normally retails at anime cons and online for like $20+." So I bought two.

I will probably gift the other one out.

• You should have bought 8.
  • Guillermo del Toro is making a giant robot movie, motherfuckers.
    While this is awesome, I would still have rather seen his At The Mountains of Madness.
  • Yeah I heard rumors about that movie. Whatever it is and however silly the script is, I am sure it will look AMAZING. I like Guillermo del Toro's art direction a lot.
  • Yeah I heard rumors about that movie. Whatever it is and however silly the script is, I am sure it will look AMAZING. I like Guillermo del Toro's art direction a lot.
    Godzilla + Voltron - Cats = PacRim.

• Saw a manatee while floating down the river this afternoon. Swam right under me; boy can those things move.
  • Saw a manatee while floating down the river this afternoon. Swam right under me; boy can those things move.
    I am kind of curious, which river were you floating in?
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited July 2012
    The Ichetucknee river.
    Neat, that is about an hour south of me. I was going to say the only places I have seen manatees that far upstream is Florida. They are awesome to watch.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited July 2012
    It clearly had some place to be. There was a ripple of 'manatee!' from downstream, and then vroom!, it happened.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Power Point for my panel is basically done and we have all the clips that we need lined up. I just need to drill my presentation a couple of times and this shit is going to be hot fire
  • First day of my new job (at CVS) gonna begin at any moment. Aw mans! So excite!!
  • Finally started lifting weights again. I am quite sore, with my shoulder that was injured being a bit more sore than the rest, but that is part of the fun.
  • edited July 2012
    Best Buy is having a sale on all things Batman, so I picked up Batman Begins (Blu-Ray steel book, $9.99), season 3 of Batman: the Animated Series (DVD, $14.99), Batman the Movie (starring Adam West and Burt Ward) (Blu-Ray, $7.99), and season 1 of Batman: the Brave and the Bold (DVD, $9.99).

I also got the boots for my Captain Harlock cosplay in the mail today.

Today was a good day.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited July 2012
    Best Buy is having a sale on all things Batman, so I picked up Batman Begins (Blu-Ray steel book, $9.99), season 3 of Batman: the Animated Series (DVD, $14.99), Batman the Movie (starring Adam West and Burt Ward) (Blu-Ray, $7.99), and season 1 of Batman: the Brave and the Bold (DVD, $9.99).

I also got the boots for my Captain Harlock cosplay in the mail today.

Today was a good day.
    Of course they have a sale on that after I have purchased the whole series.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Of course they have a sale on that after I have purchased the whole series.
    That was the only season that the Best Buy that I went to had, so don't beat yourself up about it. I only own seasons 1 and 3.

• Reattached the spring on a stapler.
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on

• Fun fact: the comments section on this video is 197 pages of people saying "Congratulations!" (with minor variations on punctuation and emoticons).
  • I'm currently in the process of installing Source Filmmaker.
  • I'm currently in the process of installing Source Filmmaker.
    In less Boo Yah news, it seems that I'm unable to do anything with Source Filmmaker as long as I only have this laptop.

• edited July 2012
    Posted from my new badass Thinkpad! Also my birthday Kindle arrived!
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • I (finally) upgraded my Galaxy Note to ICS. Now I'm redoing all of my screens since the flash wiped out my layout. I wish I had written it down or taken screenshots, but I still can't figure out how to take screenshots on Android without some sort of app.

Swiftkey is now fucked. Had to switch to Thumb Keyboard.