This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I tend to run in my toes, and always have, so I rarely heel-strike when running.

I've noticed that basically everyone around me "stomps" when they walk normally, compared to my own steps. It's slightly annoying. ;^) George is right: try not to "stomp" and place each footfall delicately. You don't have to run on your toes, but try to minimize the impact force of each footfall.
  • That's a good idea. I'll give that a shot the next time I run. I do tend to hit pretty hard, I should probably stop that.
  • I make not a sound when I walk (unless I'm going up wooden stairs in heavy shoes). I hear everybody else's footsteps and it annoys me sometimes, especially my teenager.

My dad used to yell at me all the time for shuffling when I was a teen, so I guess I learned to minimize my footfalls as much as possible.
  • I would recommend to take training as a marathon and not as a race.
    3 years ago I could barely finish 1 mile, and it took a lot of time to get to where I am, also eating healthier is a must.
  • I tend to run in my toes, and always have, so I rarely heel-strike when running.

I've noticed that basically everyone around me "stomps" when they walk normally, compared to my own steps. It's slightly annoying. ;^) George is right: try not to "stomp" and place each footfall delicately. You don't have to run on your toes, but try to minimize the impact force of each footfall.
    I was running on my toes, but I changed shoes and these new ones don't seem to jive with that. Now I strike lightly on the heel with a slightly bent knee and roll forward to my toes. It's working really well for me. My calves were usually utterly exhaust at the end of a toe run, but now it's more of a whole leg tired and not as acute. So now I'm getting back to cardiovascular pain, breathing is too much work. Fucking hills. :P

When I was a kid, around kindergarten-2nd grade range, I walked on my toes everywhere. I was made fun of, of course, and drove my PE teachers crazy. As a result, my legs are fucked up a bit. I learned to walk "normal" eventually, but to this day I still run on my toes, or at least shift my weight towards them. People make fun of me for it, but its soooo much easier to run that way. I don't want to waste effort forcing my heel to go down every time.
  • My oldest's biological mom walked on her toes to the extent that her feet became deformed from it. My oldest used to do the same, it's apparently genetic, and I trained her in various ways to stop doing it. One thing I did was to buy her shoes that lit up when the heel was stepped on.
  • I don't stomp! Pah! I do walk heel-toe (I wear out boot heels), running I go a little more on my toes, and sprinting is toes only, of course.
  • About a week ago I got these shoes that train you to walk heel-toe. I'm learning fairly quickly.
  • I took a long (2-3 hour) walk around Manhattan after work today. Yay not leading a (100%) sedentary lifestyle!
  • I walk on my toes, and I've made no effort to fix it, nor have I ever been made fun of for it.

• RymRym
    edited November 2012
    I don't stomp! Pah! I do walk heel-toe (I wear out boot heels), running I go a little more on my toes, and sprinting is toes only, of course.
    I was engaging in hyperbole!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I liked hyperbole and a half before it was cool.
  • I only like "and a half."
  • I love how a lot of animals can run properly a short while after they're born and we humans have to learn how to not hurt ourselves running.
  • The curse of bipedal locomotion.
  • Horses learn to walk within literal minutes of their birth. The mother nudges the newborn foal onto his or her feet, and then they start running.

I myself am flat-footed, so the normal heel-toe phase was the only comfortable way to walk. My calves have gotten outrageous since I started wearing barefoot shoes, though.
  • After several calls to different insurance companies with researching various brochures and complete plan summaries, my current health insurance did confirm my health insurance will cover my birth control at 100% for 2013.

That means a total savings of $520. THANK YOU, OBAMA!.
  • That means a total savings of $520. THANK YOU, OBAMA!.
    Those $520 were going to be some rich kid's spring break funds to hit up the Caribbean, now he's gonna have to stay in the states!

How DARE you!

Those $520 were going to be some rich kid's spring break funds to hit up the Caribbean, now he's gonna have to stay in the states!

How DARE you!

Nice job KILLING all those POTENTIAL BABIES.

How DARE you!

It's perfectly acceptable if you just think of them as future democrats.

How DARE you!

It's perfectly acceptable if you just think of them as future democrats.
    Or future gays. :P
  • The gays don't even HAVE potential democrats and potential gays to kill. Disgraceful.
  • Dude, you can't abort a poop.
  • REAL moms don't poop and produce a constant stream of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant babies out of their government-owned wombs while baking apple pie.
  • Well I'm not a real mom anyways. We were originally talking about babies for me, and they wouldn't be Anglo-Saxon, well not 100% at least.

Also people talking about potential Ro babies frighten me. Seriously. Babies. Gah.
  • I know what I'm getting you as a secret santa gift.
  • Have fun trying to get my address. Also if you get me baby clothes or rattling devices, it's going to the cats. I will take pics.
  • Ha. Baby clothes. You're precious.
  • Man, I'm seriously scared. Sonic, don't give him my address! (This also applies to FRC.)