This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I have the exact opposite of the same problem - I see NBN in the Netrunner thread and I can only think about Australia's national broadband network.
  • I can't explain why, but I feel like I've found a new level of zen; like, a dramatic shift on my perspective on what's important and the extent of my ability to affect things.

It's not a big boo yah, but it feels... nice! ^_^
  • Oh, and one more small thing that I should have mentioned a day or three ago:

PAX AUS [E]nforcer status: confirmed.
  • Oh, and one more small thing that I should have mentioned a day or three ago:

PAX AUS [E]nforcer status: confirmed.
    Welcome to the Black, sir. You'll like it here.
  • My new bike stereo system is almost done!
  • I like pretty much everything about roller derby.
  • I blew up my voice recording CHRIStFUCK today. It was fucking awesome.
  • I imagined you holding a mic up to your trachea, swallowing a live grenade, and recording that. Is that what happened?
  • That is a surprisingly accurate discription. Unfortunately I managed to f' my voice up bad enough that recording has to be delayed. :(
  • You probably already know this, but you should stick to drinking room temperature water.
  • edited May 2013
    Warm-up goes a long way, too. If you're doing something that strains your voice, it helps to work up to it and practice over the course of a few days, not pushing yourself too hard until the real deal. Since you're not a singer, your voice isn't going to be used to doing the things you're trying to get it to do so heavily, and that's when your voice gets messed up.

Also, not eating/drinking dairy products helps keep mucus out of your throat and makes your voice less susceptible to being strained.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah, I had been doing some prep and practice, but I really underestimated the amount I ought to have been doing. It also doesn't help that I tried recording in longer than usual chunks (usually I would do them two or three verses at a time, here I was doing whole sections.) in order to keep the flow up a bit better.

We got through an intro and three songs before my voice crapped out entirely, and we'll probably have to do some retakes on Rancid Hole because that song has a lot of chanting and I was really losing it. On the other hand, the new stuff sounds pretty screamy without having to be distorted into nothingness, which means our terrible lyrics can shine through a bit more.

And I gotta say, having a guitar... this is going to be the best worst album ever.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Finally got "everything" done at once. It feels amazing to finally be free of any random things taking up mental overhead. I can actually decompress now.
  • I picked up a copy of the Mouse Guard RPG book for a mere 20,000 Won (about $20) in Seoul last Saturday. Looking forward to seeing what this whole roleplaying thing is all about.
  • So that kid I posted about in the Fail of your Day and Depression threads had his court hearing today. Every testimony was already lined up against his parents, and the step-dad went berzerk on the judge. He has to live with his aunt in public housing for three more days, at which point the project won't let him live there. Fortunately, we're all lined up to be his foster family, and no one really wants us not to be.
  • Fortunately, we're all lined up to be his foster family, and no one really wants us not to be.
    YAY! The system worked! I love it when that happens. :) You guys did good. And also well.

• I picked up a copy of the Mouse Guard RPG book for a mere 20,000 Won (about $20) in Seoul last Saturday. Looking forward to seeing what this whole roleplaying thing is all about.
    Is it printed in Korean?
    Is it printed in Korean?
    Ah, whoops, my post was a bit confusing. No, my copy is in English. As far as I know, it isn't printed in Korean, but I could be wrong. I certainly wish it was, though, because then it would be so much easier to organize weekly sessions with my students.

• I didn't think it would be. It seems pretty niche- a fantasy RPG based on a western comic book. Even in its country of origin.
    I have The Burning Wheel. I'll have to actually give it a go someday.
  • I just realized I can make a breakfast taco any time I want.
    But if you make it at 2:00 pm is it really a breakfast taco? Or is it just a lunch taco with eggs?
    But if you make it at 2:00 pm is it really a breakfast taco? Or is it just a lunch taco with eggs?
    I think the use of eggs is precisely what makes it a breakfast taco.
    I think the use of eggs is precisely what makes it a breakfast taco.
    It's also what makes it delicious.
    Hey, it's morning somewhere, right?
    Hey, it's morning somewhere, right?
    chorizo helps
  • I got my gaming group started on Mouse Guard!
  • Just scored a used Racing Beat muffler for my car on eBay for half the price of new. ^_^
  • I got my gaming group started on Mouse Guard!
    I was going to start a mouse guard game, read the rules on the weekend, remembered why I didn't like the game and started a Burning Wheel dwarf game instead.