This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Going to Ireland in August.
  • edited June 2013
    A+ Certification get!

On second thought this should be in fail of your boo-yah.
    Boo-Yah:A+ Certification get!
    Fail: $400 loss
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • A+ Certification get!

• Local comp shop that's hiring wants me to have it.
  • Officially a boo-yah: Picking up Google Glass in two weeks. I will be partially cyborg at PAX Prime.
  • Officially a boo-yah: Picking up Google Glass in two weeks. I will be partially cyborg at PAX Prime.
    My envy...it burns.

A+ is good if you don't have a degree or other on-paper qualifications. Getting one in high school helped launch me into IT.
  • edited June 2013
    Our coffeebar is attached to a gourmet grocery store. I get a 50% discount on deli items, and a 15% discount on take-home groceries. That means I can get big bricks of Roquefort on the weekly and Prosciutto de Parma sandwiches on the DAILY.

♥♥♥ THE COFFEE BUSINESS

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • D-D-D-DOUBLE ENVY
  • Picked up my Google Glass this afternoon. It is everything I thought it would be. Very, very cool.
  • D-D-D-DOUBLE ENVY
    I also get UNLIMITED  FREE  PIZZA
  • edited June 2013
    D-D-D-DOUBLE ENVY
    I also get UNLIMITED  FREE  PIZZA
    Damn son.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Picked up my Google Glass this afternoon. It is everything I thought it would be. Very, very cool.
    Very temporary envy.
  • Passed 11th Grade!!!!
  • Passed 11th Grade!!!!
    Careful on your new stat role, not going to get another opportunity to do it on the cheap for the rest of the campaign.
  • 11th is +1 to all stats. 12th you get one minor stat bump. In the years after... you'll have the opportunity to specialize and bump specific stats at specific junctures... but it'll be a larger investment.
  • Yeah, but the Advanced Class Change at 22 makes it all worth it.
  • Because of crazy 90F weather two days ago I was only able to run a little more than 5K.
    Today at 80F I ran a little more than 10.5K
    Suffice to say that I feel pretty accomplished today.
    Also, cute girl smiled at me.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2013
    I just got out of a concert from one of my favorite performers who is working today: Jenny O. She is an amazing, mid famous, Folk singer who has a voice like velvet. Her music has also been very inspiring to me both personally and creatively.

After she finished her set, I got to speak to her for a couple of minutes and bought one of her pins. She was everything I hoped she was: chill, sweet, and encouraging. It made me so happy that one of my heroes was an awesome person.

Here is a sample of her stuff.

Post edited by Geo on
  • GOT THE JOB!

Going onto a different department, location, with the VA. It's no longer the health side, but the benefits side to where we work on disability claims. So much great promotion potential.

I'm so happy right now, I was crying after I got off the phone. I was shaking when I was on the phone.
  • Congrats Ro!
  • 11th is +1 to all stats. 12th you get one minor stat bump. In the years after... you'll have the opportunity to specialize and bump specific stats at specific junctures... but it'll be a larger investment.
    You can pay an arbitrary amount of GP to respec at any point, but your GM is going to (more often than not) be a heinous douchebag about this.
    GOT THE JOB!

Going onto a different department, location, with the VA. It's no longer the health side, but the benefits side to where we work on disability claims. So much great promotion potential.

I'm so happy right now, I was crying after I got off the phone. I was shaking when I was on the phone.
    ^_^ I wish I could email you a hug. I think most of the boards thought you were a shoe-in, and you proved us right. Congratulations, Ro!
  • ALL HAIL RO
  • HAIL RO!

Also, I am almost giddy. I've nearly created my first complex SQL script. This is really, really exciting guys. I'm actually coding!
  • edited July 2013
    Thank you everyone. I'm in such a great mood right now.

I was seriously stressing about this last week, but it was all for nothing. I knew I did very well at the interview and they would be straight stupid not to hire me, but that whole self-doubt shit came up.

The job is entry level with the VBA. I'm basically handling records and sorting things, however I'm getting paid a tiny bit more. Within a few months, they'll be posting for the position I've been wanting for a long time. Since they first hire in-house, I should be able to move into that with no problem then apply for the higher promotions down the line. It is very possible for me to jump from a GS-6 to a GS-9 within the year. I'm currently a GS-7, with a over a year in, so I am eligible for the GS-9 pay grade.

For anyone who watched The Daily Show, if you remember The Red Tape Diaries series, I want to be the person who makes the determination of the veteran disability claims. So yeah, I'm working for that branch of the VA.

Doesn't matter. I'm so happy. I need this change. I need better upward mobility and away from the current management.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Someone bought my app.
  • Booyah
    \
  • Its your little turtle guy saying boo yah because someone bought his Turtle App.