This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Just a note, but keep in mind that that joke probably wouldn't have happened if it was a male mayor.
    That's just because then we'd be making Bob Filner jokes.
    Or Carlos Danger.
    Related, has anyone here listened to Joe DaMassio (Bender and Jake from Adventure Time) on Talkin' Toons with Rob Paulsen? Its a recent episode and hilarious.
  • Just a note, but keep in mind that that joke probably wouldn't have happened if it was a male mayor.
    Or Carlos Danger.
    I'm hoping for a landslide write-in victory, Carlos Danger will be elected the next Mayor of New York. Not Anthony Weiner, Carlos Danger.
  • edited August 2013
    Just a note, but keep in mind that that joke probably wouldn't have happened if it was a male mayor.
    Or Carlos Danger.
    Indeed, but the tone is definitely different.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I want an alternate-universe Futurama where it's Doug Funny and Jake as the main characters.
    Or Carlos Danger.
    I'm hoping for a landslide write-in victory, Carlos Danger will be elected the next Mayor of New York. Not Anthony Weiner, Carlos Danger.
    I'd vote for Carlos Danger as Mayor of New York.
    Or Carlos Danger.
    Indeed, but the tone is definitely different.
    Booze and dick for everyone?

• My Internship with the College Newspaper has completely gone through! I'll be writing...and after a few articles, I'll start to get paid for each article. (10 dollars a pop, but the fact I get any money is fantastic)
  • I thought I had ruined my pokewalker in the wash years ago, but it turns out the battery was just dead. Which is especially good because I'm not going to buy a pokewalker for about the price I paid for the whole game in the first place.
  • Thank the computing gods, I'm being issued a new work laptop.
  • I, too, received my new laptop today!
  • For the past few months, I've been working on Stephen Sondheim biographical miniseries (I love his musicals and I find his life to be both incredibly fascinating and ripe for good, dramatic storytelling) that I've been researching and writing with one of my best friends Kelvin (also fellow forumite zeo1fan).

Today, I just got a huge amount of help from none other than Nuri. Her friend apparently did her final undergrad project on Sondheim and she communicated this to said friend.

I have to give Nuri massive amounts of props and thanks for helping me out here!
  • Moe is kind of a Sondheim fanatic. She is also "on" the forum in that she has an account, but I doubt she's been on here in ages.
  • Also dude, please do not get stalkery and hyperfocused. It's not like she has a PhD and made a career out of it.
  • Also dude, please do not get stalkery and hyperfocused. It's not like she has a PhD and made a career out of it.
    Will do.

• At work we had a special visit and Town Hall Meeting with VA Secretary Shinseki. He gave a really good speech and thanked us for all our hard efforts in the push to get VA claims processed.

Was able to meet him for a second and got a cool commemorative coin from him.

• Oh Shit, the Secretary of VA has his own Challenge coins? Holy shit that's cool.
  • I actually have a challenge coin from some guy in like, US Cyber Command or Cybercrimes Division (It's packed away, so I couldn't tell you right now).
  • Man, one day I'm gonna have my own challenge coins. That's gonna be sweet.
  • Challenge coins are LAAAME.
    Pogs are where it's at.
  • edited August 2013
    No joke, last month I pranked a guy who has a big challenge coin collection on display at work: image
    Post edited by Matt on
    Your face is lame along with your ISP. My challenge coin is boss.
  • Just recorded episode 200 of my podcast. It's been quite a journey these last 6 years!
  • Maybe the FRCF should have challenge coins?
    Problem is, they're kinda expensive - especially the first run with die-striking fees - and you usually have to order them in runs of 100+, which raises the question of what you're going to do with the 50-ish you've got left over once you've given them out to every regular and semi-regular on the forums?

Problem is, they're kinda expensive - especially the first run with die-striking fees - and you usually have to order them in runs of 100+, which raises the question of what you're going to do with the 50-ish you've got left over once you've given them out to every regular and semi-regular on the forums?

Sell em.

Sell em.
    But that defeats the purpose of the challenge coin.
  • Sell em.
    Who the hell would want them outside of the forum people, considering they're Front Row Crew Forum - FRCF - challenge coins rather than regular Geeknights merch?

• edited August 2013
    Maybe the FRCF should have challenge coins?
    Make em out of plastic?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Make em out of plastic?
    Only cuts costs minimally, even before accounting for the increased die and setup price.