This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    You're married to Alex Vaus?
    More like a mix between Gil Kerlikowske and Dr. Nora Volkow.

In a way it's really depressing ;-). I get my masters degree and she immediately gets her PhD, now I am finishing up my PhD and she gets appointed ministerial advisor. Sigh. At this rate she'll be a EU Komissar before I get even close to a management position...
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I see nothing wrong with a person you influence rising in power.
  • edited September 2013
    Costco had Bao.

Also, well done Mrs Timo.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2013
    Also, well done Mrs Timo.
    I would like to stay and argue but I have to clean the house and cook dinner before I go get Otto from daycare.
  • So I took your guys' advice about working on awesome projects and I've started putting myself out there as a freelance film editor.

I've applied to several jobs, almost gotten some, but have generally failed because my schedule is not simpatico with potential jobs' schedules.

However! Today I just got a response from an employer from Bridgeport, Connecticut (which is tantalizingly close to me) and he is going to put me through a "trial edit" to see if I have what they are looking for.

I am very excited about this because this could lead to regular, salaried employment close to my home!
  • RIT career fair was today. I handed out about 20 resumes to companies I didn't know hoping to get some offers, and one of them gave me an interview for tomorrow at 9. The company looks pretty cool so I'm really looking forward to this.
  • The 80's are back!
  • Saw that this morning. The Internet is officially over. Nothing will be better.

Also, my best man plan is far less elaborate. Sorry bro. :(

• Saw that this morning. The Internet is officially over. Nothing will be better.
    You've been saying that quite a bit recently.
    He's a man with very little vision.

What else did I say that about?

He's a man with very little vision.
    He has cataracts?
  • Bloodcrusher II has an official website! It's still under construction (pending more obnoxious animated gifs) but you can hit refresh a bunch to get new subtitles. :D

It's basically going to be something of an online poster/business card for the game while the IndieDB acts as a devblog.
  • First official, published movie review I've written and first paid article from my internship.

• First official, published movie review I've written and first paid article from my internship.

[IMAGE]
    "Before you race to the theater, prepare yourself for a rushed film."

I'm not proud of you.

[IMAGE]

I'm not proud of you.
    My editors must have done that. It's probably because they wanted some quip because I gave the film 3 out of 5.

[IMAGE]

I'm not proud of you.
    My editors must have done that. It's probably because they wanted some quip because I gave the film 3 out of 5.
    In that case, I am proud of you!
  • Wow, I didn't realize both you and Scott Johnson were both named... Scott Johnson.
  • If memory serves, there are 3 "Scott Johnson"s on this forum.
  • Scott Row Crew
  • If memory serves, there are 3 "Scott Johnson"s on this forum.
    There's at least two, possibly three Scott Johnsons, and about 5 or 6 Scotts including those.
  • I mentioned a while ago that I was going to do a trial edit for an editing gig that might lead to a full-time editing job. I got a response from the dude today who is about give me the go-ahead, but first he wants me to sign an NDA.

O_O

Shit is getting real, son.
  • edited October 2013
    I mentioned a while ago that I was going to do a trial edit for an editing gig that might lead to a full-time editing job. I got a response from the dude today who is about give me the go-ahead, but first he wants me to sign an NDA.

O_O

Shit is getting real, son.
    Important: DO NOT SIGN IT UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND IT! Even if that means going to a lawyer and having them translate the legalese to you.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Got my first pay check from my new job. Having money in a bank account is just the best. Beats having £2.53 in my account for the last month.
  • edited October 2013
    I will be defending my thesis this friday. If you are in Helsinki come and watch me at the Kumpula campus, Physicum D101 at 12:00. You are also welcome to join the Doktoberfest afterparty at Bryggeri on Sofiankatu after 22:00.

If you are geographically challenged you can still enjoy my thesis here (pdf).
  • Best of luck, Timo.
  • Good luck! Sure that you will ace it all.
  • Good luck! I look forward to calling you Doctor Timo.
  • Doc Timo's Authentic Helsinki..

Woah, Finland has some rad food.