This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I can play a song. On guitar. This is a huge victory for me.
  • I passed my exam, so I get to have a Master's degree in two weeks (plus shipping and handling)!
  • Ruffas said:

I passed my exam, so I get to have a Master's degree in two weeks (plus shipping and handling)!

Congratulations man!

• I've been accepted into Warren Wilson!
  • I don't know if I mentioned this at one point, but I walked into a Goodwill about 2 weeks ago and found a 3DO sitting in heap of crap. $4 purchase. Plugged it in, it lit up, CD drive opened and closed. No controller and no games, so onto the shelf it goes for a rainy day!
  • One of my friends gave me a Game Gear for free a few months ago. I haven't taken the time to try it out yet.
  • I got OpenSSH installed on my Windows computers and opened a daisy chain of connections to the computer in front of me via every other computer I own.
    ...well I was impressed by it.
  • That's impressive in the same way a rube goldberg machine is.
  • I think I might be close to landing a data entry job creating quizzes for CLEP and DSST certs. I've checked the guy and his organizaton and it's all legit. $60/quiz created is good enough for me, it's more than what I make now (which is nothing).
  • Walker said:

I've been accepted into Warren Wilson!

Just seeing this. Man, that's awesome. If I ever go for my MFA that's my first choice. What drew you to apply?

• edited December 2013
    Gorgeous location, proximity to Asheville, abundant internship and work opportunities, high probability of studying abroad, and an excellent Environmental Studies program.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I have a lunch table again!

It doesn't sound like much, but for the last month I'd been eating alone in the Spec Ed room. Now I found a table that's offering me asylum from my last table.
  • Job get! Going out to the SF bay area next year to work full-time for Cisco Meraki.

Only one semester of bullshit left.
  • Job get! Going out to the SF bay area next year to work full-time for Cisco Meraki.

Only one semester of bullshit left.

Woo! Way to be. I also only have one semester of bullshit left, though no guaranteed employment yet.

• Replaced my ABS sensors so my car is in perfect working order again.
  • Changed the rear bump stops, my car is now it perfect working order. Just needs an alignment and I won't have to fuss with it anymore.
  • Finally got protools working on my computer.
  • Found some expensive shit I was given but never used. Hello, eBay.
  • Due to my company not allowing me to carry over more than 3 vacation days Christmas break just got a whole lot longer. Time for those travel plans! Where can I go with 2 weeks and a couch to crash on...
  • Just put our submission in for Indie Megabooth!

Now to let the stress eat my very soul.
  • Went from 4GB RAM to 12GB RAM. Computer didn't want to start Windows. After 20 breathless minutes of fiddling with the RAM and slots, everything is running at maximum RAMs. Yay me!
  • Somebody on /mu/ called me a white Vast Aire.
  • Someone from Slovakia (the country where my great grandmother came from, but we don't know any of our relatives from there) bought one of my android apps. I wonder if it's a relative.
  • Insert code that asks someone if they know your grandma if their country is set as Slovakia.
  • I just hotfixed a server from the back of my car on the highway.
  • After years of letting it rot, I decided to start up my old blog again and give it the old college try to see if anyone would find it. Not only is it getting traffic everyday, but I've actually managed to convince two additionaly people to write it with me (one of which is none other than Eryn from out parts of the interwebs). If anyone would like to participate in this group blog for fun, just shoot me a PM and maybe something will happen from there.

If you want to hear my two sense on things I like such as video games, movies, and other kinds of media; please subscribe to and visit my site. Also don't be afraid to rate or leave comments either because that is how I know whether you guys like what I do or not.

http://themediamanse.wordpress.com/
  • I killed him. I finally killed him. The stupid character that was spawned from my most popular video is finally dead. No longer will the guilt of not making more posts of him haunt me. I can finally shut the door on him once and for all. I'm free at last.

And it feels so. Damn. Good.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2013

I just got my belated Christmas gift from my mom. I about passed out when I got it. Filled full of extras. Pristine, Blu-Ray quality. Each film has 19 subtitle tracks.

I think I can safely say that this is now the best thing that I have...
    Post edited by Geo on