This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I've been sitting on this for a long time, but now that it is available I can show you. I have been added as a Film News Writer (who will also review something once a month) to this blog that is apparently very popular on Tumblr called Population GO.

http://populationgo.com/film/jesse-plemons-possibly-up-for-lead-role-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

This is my first article that has been published.

Also...stay tuned for my appearance on their podcast where I and the film team talk about box office bombs.
  • My new GTX 770 fit in my 10 year old case. :D
  • Victor's Current YouTube Copyright Score: 0 Losses, 11 wins! That's three more confirmed wins! Today was a good day!
  • I posted a few months ago that I was extremely depressed because my chance to make my short film debut was destroyed when a key collaborator suddenly bailed on me; which resulted in the whole thing falling apart.

I recently spoke to a friend I haven't spoken to in a couple months. He just got out of film school and has recently wrapped (film lingo for "finished shooting") his film. I told him the story of what happened and he told me that he wants to now help me develop the film, offer his crew to help me make my film, and assist me in raising a budget for it.

While this is not a guarantee that the film will definitely be made, these are baby steps that could lead to it happening. Needless to say, I am beyond ecstatic and I now have hope that things will go in my favor.
  • First time I have posted over here. I just got back from lunch to find out that I getting hiredoon permanently at my job. BOO YEAH
  • Yet it doesn't have his best film, Paths of Glory
  • onewild said:

Yet it doesn't have his best film, Paths of Glory

Can I assume you are speaking to me about my Kubrick Box set?
  • Geo said:

onewild said:

Yet it doesn't have his best film, Paths of Glory

Can I assume you are speaking to me about my Kubrick Box set?
    Yeah sorry, I must have left the page open for ages and not seen the new posts before posting. Although I retract it anyway because Dr Strangelove is his best film.
  • I'm going to be moving to Japan in ~2 months to teach at a small college in Nagoya!
  • Dude! Sweet!
  • There's a "senior" in front of my job description, now. I know what impostor syndrome is, but it still feels like a clerical error in my favor.
  • I thought my wife was infected with a xenomorph, however she turned out to have a predator inside :-p
    Our little Predator

Weeeee!
  • Aw yeah, it will be good to take it on its first hunt.
  • I think we'll have to do a C-section, don't want those horns going anywhere...
  • 名古屋か! Dude, if you want to know about good stuff in Nagoya, give me a shout!
  • Tiny ScoJo baby!
  • Cremlian said:

I think we'll have to do a C-section, don't want those horns going anywhere...

My mother had the exact same issue, well were weren't predators but you know, siad it was the best thing for her. Also allowed us to feast upon other young much quicker as well, so that was good.
  • Congrats on babby formation!
  • Welcome to the club, well, almost... Be prepared to not sleep. :P
  • Well you can't sleep, not with a predator after you. I mean it could be anywhere!
  • Congratulations to Scott! If you still manage to have a bonfire next December, it will definitely be more... interesting. And poopy.
  • Dude! Sweet!

gomidog said:

名古屋か! Dude, if you want to know about good stuff in Nagoya, give me a shout!

Thanks! Depending on how things shake out at my current job (whether or not the new boss is going to continue paying me to chaperone the one-month program from our sister school in Chiba), I'm gonna have 2-4 weeks of traveling around, visiting friends, and going to things like Hounen Matsuri (probably NSFW).
  • edited January 2014

Dude! Sweet!

gomidog said:

名古屋か! Dude, if you want to know about good stuff in Nagoya, give me a shout!

Thanks! I wanna know about all the good stuff! Depending on how things shake out at my current job (whether or not the new boss is going to continue paying me to chaperone the one-month program from our sister school in Chiba), I'm gonna have 2-4 weeks of traveling around, visiting friends, and going to things like Hounen Matsuri (probably NSFW).
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • HERP-DERP.
  • 10 year's with my company! 1,000 dollar bonus! I think it was worth it!
  • Worth every cent!

I missed the earlier announcement of baby. Congrats! You can now share in the time honored tradition of getting horrible unfounded parenting advice from people, and then being judged as if you are murdering a child if you don't follow it.

So many babies. We may have to start the FRC Forum parenting thread.

• Be sure to feed the baby nothing but pebbles. Helps build character.
  • edited January 2014
    No I gotta give the 3 month old a knife and drop it at a base of a mountain to see if he/she is worthy.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited January 2014
    I have my first product on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZV2KL4

Not that I havn't had this product being sold for like, over half a year by now... but it's finally on the AtoZ!
    Post edited by SWATrous on