This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I figured out how to meet Pete's 40k specs on the cheap. I might not be able to buy the tank for a while, though.

I also finished my Christmas shopping!

Also: Pete, is one limited to the figs in the Blood Angel's codes for a Blood Angels army? Because some of the units I'd like to field eventually (Master of the Forge, Legionnaires of the Damned) aren't in the 5th Ed Blood Angels Army List, but are in the Space Marines Codex. I'm asking because their fast-attack and cool extra damage ruleset has me convinced that they're the way to go when I repaint my figs.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Today I learned what a period is!
    WAT.
    Menarche!
  • A period is a complex number whose real and imaginary parts are values of absolutely convergent integrals of rational functions with rational coefficients, over domains in Rn given by polynomial inequalities with rational coefficients.
  • A period is a complex number whose real and imaginary parts are values of absolutely convergent integrals of rational functions with rational coefficients, over domains in Rn given by polynomial inequalities with rational coefficients.
    Exactly.
    Menarche!
    Close, but not quite.
  • edited December 2009
    Also: Pete, is one limited to the figs in the Blood Angel's codes for a Blood Angels army? Because some of the units I'd like to field eventually (Master of the Forge, Legionnaires of the Damned) aren't in the 5th Ed Blood Angels Army List, but are in the Space Marines Codex. I'm asking because their fast-attack and cool extra damage ruleset has me convinced that they're the way to go when I repaint my figs.
    Yes, if you use a special army codex, you can ONLY take the units specified in that codex. It's a motherfucker, because the 5th ed Marine codex has the awesome Vanguard Veteran Squad, who can assault the turn they deep strike, but the Blood Angels codex doesn't include that unit. However, the Blood Angels get the fucking awesome Death Company, with their Feel No Pain and RENDING ATTACKS. Rending attacks, on my Death Company? It's more likely than you think. Plus, the Furioso dreadnought is a beast, and the Baal Predator is cool, especially now that assault cannons are useful.

I'm still torn, though. The new Marine codex is nice, but my Blood Angels...they are so spiffy!

EDIT: I think I'm sticking with the Angels. My models are already built around being assaulty. The only thing to do now is outfit my two land speeders with assault cannons. I think I can field something like 7 assault cannons in 1500 points. That's a lot of dakka.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    A period is a complex number whose real and imaginary parts are values of absolutely convergent integrals of rational functions with rational coefficients, over domains in Rn given by polynomial inequalities with rational coefficients.
    Well, if you're just learning that now, you must be in the slow class. Do you ride the short bus home in the afternoons?
  • Yes, if you use a special army codex, you can ONLY take the units specified in that codex. It's a motherfucker, because the 5th ed Marine codex has the awesome Vanguard Veteran Squad, who can assault the turn they deep strike, but the Blood Angels codex doesn't include that unit. However, the Blood Angels get the fucking awesome Death Company, with their Feel No Pain and RENDING ATTACKS. Rending attacks, on my Death Company? It's more likely than you think. Plus, the Furioso dreadnought is a beast, and the Baal Predator is cool, especially now that assault cannons areuseful.

I'm still torn, though. The new Marine codex is nice, but my Blood Angels...they are so spiffy!

EDIT: I think I'm sticking with the Angels. My models are already built around being assaulty. The only thing to do now is outfit my two land speeders with assault cannons. I think I can field something like 7 assault cannons in 1500 points. That's a lot of dakka.
    I wish they would come out with a true Daemonhunters codex, not just one that is indented to supplement your current army.
  • I just remembered how to create a feedback loop on my guitar amp
  • I'm going to go with a normal codex, because I'd like to have really effective long-range dakka supplemented by hard-hitting deep strikes. Also, there's the fact that as awesome as the Blood Angel's assault capabilities are, they seem to have a difficult time fighting tanks.
  • I wish they would come out with a true Daemonhunters codex, not just one that is indented to supplement your current army.
    You can field an all-Daemonhunters army. The problem is that they're uber-specialized, so your army will really suffer if you do that. The function they're supposed to perform is so small that they really do function better as an auxiliary.
    I'm going to go with a normal codex, because I'd like to have really effective long-range dakka supplemented by hard-hitting deep strikes. Also, there's the fact that as awesome as the Blood Angel's assault capabilities are, they seem to have a difficult time fighting tanks.
    Maybe, but I'm taking lascannons in my tac squads, so I should have enough firepower to manage.

The Vanguard Veteran Squad is still really tempting.
  • so your army will really suffer if you do that.
    Unless, of course, you're against the vile warp-spawned horrors, in which case, you should probably be home in time for Roast Grox and Amasec.
  • edited December 2009
    The Vanguard Veteran Squad is still really tempting.
    I'm all about the Sterns right now. Talk about a unit configured for surgical annihilation. The fact that Sternguards take combiweapons (which might be mastercraft, I forget) by default and their bolters fire your choice of three types of ammo as you call it each turn, one of which just IGNORES COVER, it's almost too good to pass up.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just made it into Gizmodo. The picture is horrid but I consider it an accomplishment, nonetheless.

A dress made out of dragon skin
  • @ Lady Obsolete: So awesome!
  • edited December 2009
    The picture is horrid but I consider it an accomplishment, nonetheless.
    Horrid my ass. That's a great picture!

EDIT: Also, that's a wicked neat project.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Thanks, it comes of three months of preparation and three weeks without sleep.
  • @ladyobsolete How is it horrid? It looks fantastic. Did you have a higher standard or expectation that wasn't met?
  • I just made it intoGizmodo. The picture is horrid but I consider it an accomplishment, nonetheless.
    Be still, my beating heart.
  • @GeofinѲ There is many a wire that did not get connected in time and I have some more work to do on the durability front. Dragon skin, despite its name, is not the most resilient of materials.

To clarify, the particularly horrid picture is the one on the Gizmodo page. I'm rather satisfied with the alternate that I posted.
  • I finally finished a knitting project that I started months ago, and now I can wear skirts with tennis shoes and not have it look totally awful! This is the first project I've finished since my wrist injury right before Halloween. Yay!

legwarmers_close_04
  • Got some headphone for Xmas eve.
    Nice, what make/model?
    Nice, what make/model?
    Grados SR80s. First non-$15 headphone I've ever owned.
  • Nuri,

Those are adorable and awesome.
  • @Nuri So cute! I love the colors in the yarn!
  • They're really a present for me. :P