This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• @Nuri - It's so cute! You're so cute! Kyah~!
  • edited December 2009
    Got some headphone for Xmas eve.
    Nice, what make/model?
    Grados SR80s. First non-$15 headphone I've ever owned.
    I've used them, but never owned them. The open-air design kicks ass and they have incredible tone; the only reason I didn't buy them when I needed a new pair was because I need something closed to cut out roommate noise. Enjoy them.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm now listening to music at much lower volumes than I previously was because of how well defined everything sounds. Not losing my hearing fuck yeah!
  • Magicked Dragon Age into running at medium detail (low res, though), on my computer. New drivers + High CPU Priority = WIN.
  • They're really a present for me. :P
    You are a bizarre and strange man.
  • You are a bizarre and strange man.
    This is very true.
  • This is very true.
    I dunno about that, I'd be bragging too.
  • Thanks guys. :) I love them. My only dilemma is whether to wear them or my boots, since it's been snowy and icy up here since I finished them. I can't wear them with my snow boots!

To clarify: I rushed to finish them by Christmas because Pete was so excited about them. So having them finished by Christmas was his present.

Also, nice headphones are awesome. <3 You never realize how much you are missing until you get some really good ones.
  • I'm half Cajun, and grew up (and ate) in Cajun country. Now, I've finally cooked my own huge pot of chicken-sausage gumbo. It turned out fabulously. The whole family loved it, and there's ample leftovers. I mostly used store-bought roux because it's timelier, but I made a little of my own for practice's sake.

Alicia (my little sister) helped a lot, particularly because I was juggling two other things at once: peanut butter cookies, and pumpkin cookies. Alicia was so helpful-- she could do whatever I asked and really helped me multitask the projects.

I feel accomplished.
  • edited December 2009
    Got some headphone for Xmas eve.
    Nice, what make/model?
    Grados SR80s. First non-$15 headphone I've ever owned.
    I got a pair of Bose comfort 15's for X-mas. Apparently because the giver was annoyed that I worked at a studio, yet used cheap $20 earphones outside of the workplace. Meh, I don't even work in a studio anymore, like the headphones though...
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • I'm half Cajun, and grew up (and ate) in Cajun country. Now, I've finally cooked my own huge pot of chicken-sausage gumbo. It turned out fabulously. The whole family loved it, and there's ample leftovers. I mostly used store-bought roux because it's timelier, but I made a little of my own for practice's sake.

Alicia (my little sister) helped a lot, particularly because I was juggling two other things at once: peanut butter cookies, and pumpkin cookies. Alicia was so helpful-- she could do whatever I asked and really helped me multitask the projects.

I feel accomplished.
    Congratulations. I made gumbo the first time with my brother and it's really nice to make something that wonderful. (Disney even says it's the food of happiness!)
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks guys. :) I love them. My only dilemma is whether to wear them or my boots, since it's been snowy and icy up here since I finished them. I can't wear them with my snow boots!
    Wear them as bell sleeves as you showed us last night (over a long sleeve shirt to cure the itchiness and for extra warmth) and wear your snow boots on your feet. Problem solved.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Major software release...done!!! ^_^
  • edited January 2010
    I just completed my first Major Nerf modification! I opened up my Nerf Longshot, took it apart, removed the air restrictor, padded the plunger, and managed to have it all fit back together! Oh, and here's the best part, it still works! The range and strength of the shot is much better as well! at least 2x! BOO YAH!

Still, these modifications mean that the overall life of the gun will decrease, but that's okay. I'll be buying a nerf maverick soon and, once I modify that, it'll be my primary gun.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Finally I have Fridays and Saturdays off!
  • I just completed my first Major Nerf modification! I opened up my Nerf Longshot, took it apart, removed the air restrictor, padded the plunger, and managed to have it all fit back together! Oh, and here's the best part, it still works! The range and strength of the shot is much better as well! at least 2x! BOO YAH!

Still, these modifications mean that the overall life of the gun will decrease, but that's okay. I'll be buying a nerf maverick soon and, once I modify that, it'll be my primary gun.
    You kids and your Nerf, always...Wait a minute...You're older than me...WTF...
  • I just completed my first Major Nerf modification! I opened up my Nerf Longshot, took it apart, removed the air restrictor, padded the plunger, and managed to have it all fit back together! Oh, and here's the best part, it still works! The range and strength of the shot is much better as well! at least 2x! BOO YAH!

Nerf guns are awesome for humans vs zombies on campus.
  • edited January 2010
    I just completed my first Major Nerf modification! I opened up my Nerf Longshot, took it apart, removed the air restrictor, padded the plunger, and managed to have it all fit back together! Oh, and here's the best part, it still works! The range and strength of the shot is much better as well! at least 2x! BOO YAH!

Nerf guns are awesome for humans vs zombies on campus.
    Which is exactly what I'm using it for. Also, Ages 10 and UP. I believe I qualify under the "and up".
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I played with my buddy's Raider the other day. That gun is WIN. Then we went outside and plinked with .22s and fired a blackpowder musket (no musket ball, though, that's dangerous!). Good times were had.

I am learning to accept that I simply love things that fire other, smaller things.
  • I played with my buddy's Raider the other day. That gun is WIN.
    OMG YES. But for Humans Vs. Zombies on campus, I can be carrying around a giant nerf tommy gun with me all week. I'm going to use a nerf maverick instead with streamline darts in it instead.
  • Which is exactly what I'm using it for.
    You better make sure that's within your campus's "house rules." At RIT, it's specifically disallowed to use modified guns for safety and fairness reasons.
  • Found a killer apartment complete with old architecture and marble entrance/hallways for a modest rent, 1/2 a block from the quad, and they let you arrange your own ISP. AT&T + Torrents + beautiful serene living removed from fratland? BOOH TO THE FUCKING YAH.

I plan on converting part of the walk-in closet to a media server.
  • Which is exactly what I'm using it for.
    You better make sure that's within your campus's "house rules." At RIT, it's specifically disallowed to use modified guns for safety and fairness reasons.
    So far as I know, this is the first time this has happened on our campus, so there are no house rules. However, I am probably going to get some funny looks from teachers the first week of class when I bring my newly modified Nerf LongShot, Nerf Scout, and soon to be acquired Nerf Maverick and Recon with me.
  • After about 9 weeks away.... I'm home in Berlin! And, as I'm still on south american time, and won't need to sleep for a few hours, I'm off out for dinner at my favourite local burger cafe and then I'm going to play some NS.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    The screenwriting/storyboarding software known as Celtx has been upgraded to version 2.7. I wonder what v. 3.0 will look like?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2010
    New computer parts are waiting for me at home. Come on 5:30.

EDIT: new computer, so fast. DDR3 rocks!
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Just got accepted into RIT's Game Design and Development Program! So much happiness right now.
  • 'Grats!
  • High five to the Axel! *high five*
  • High five to the Axel! *high five*
    I can just imagine you guys jumping in the air doing double high-fives and there is a freeze frame; like in those old 60's or 70's sitcoms.