This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• It's time to burn some fuckin' wheels at RIT! The core book & Character Burner arrived in the mail today.
  • It's time to burn some fuckin' wheels at RIT!
    My first thought was, "wow, it must be really cold."
  • My first thought was, "wow, it must be really cold."
    My first thought was he'd taken up drift racing.
  • My first thought was, "wow, it must be really cold."
    My first thought was he'd taken up drift racing.
    Ditto
  • Ditto
    Me three - I was going to make a joke about blue sparks, but then I got to the bit about the core book and character burner, and I was disappoint.
  • It's time to burn some fuckin' wheels at RIT! The core book & Character Burner arrived in the mail today.
    Oh, nice! Color me very interested.
  • Ditto
    Me three - I was going to make a joke about blue sparks, but then I got to the bit about the core book and character burner, and I was disappoint.
    I was going to go with hairpin turns and a euro-beat soundtrack.
  • I was going to go with hairpin turns and a euro-beat soundtrack.
    What, No love for Speed of Sound's Beautiful Girl?
  • This one is a shocker. Get ready.

Craigslist is actually working for me.

I have put down ads for tutoring kids, and for photoshop lessons. I have gotten only one spam email, and 3 valid emails from interested parties. I've already had my first tutoring session with one of them.
  • edited February 2010
    This one is a shocker. Get ready.

I have put down ads for tutoring kids, and for photoshop lessons. I have gotten only one spam email, and 3 valid emails from interested parties. I've already had my first tutoring session with one of them.
    Hey, I've gotten a lot of positive hits from Craig's List. I got a perfectly-working washer/dryer from a guy who even let me pay half, take them, try them out to see if they worked, and pay the balance afterward. I sold them two years later on CL for almost the same amount I bought them for. I also found two guys to help us load the moving truck through CL when I moved to NY. It's really not as bad as people say if you have a good, legitimate ad and use common sense. I'm glad it's working out for you!
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • This one is a shocker. Get ready.

Congratulations. ^_^
  • I get to interview Alan Bishop from Sun City Girls.

I passed up interviewing Nick Thorburn from Islands/The Unicorns.
  • edited February 2010
    Watched the first episode of Firefly with the sister. It was well received; Turns out she's quite the Whedonite, and, pointed out to me which actors did what in other series.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fuck yes, after about 6 weeks of very "meh" downloadable content, we are getting another EPIC album for Rock Band. (Godzilla was pretty epic though)

Also, ate Shepard's Pie today. Dear god, food of the soul. Ground Lamb and Mirepoix with Mash Potatoes and Cheese...damn.
  • Caps hath defeated the Rangers. Twas a good night.
  • Also, ate Shepard's Pie today. Dear god, food of the soul. Ground Lamb and Mirepoix with Mash Potatoes and Cheese...damn.
    I'm considering writing up a recipe for one using rabbit or duck confit.

Man, having my own kitchen is going to be so awesome. Especially because of U of I's Meat Sciences Lab.
  • I just got back from upstate New York, where much mountain climbing and outdoor fun was had. I have returned to civilization only to find that I have the next 6 days off of work. So what should I do with my time off? Any suggestions, comments?
  • Give me alchemy, give me sorcery,
    give me wizardry, thermatology
    electricity, master all of these
    magic if you please, bring him to his knees!

I master five Magics!

Fuck yes Nukejsr!
  • I cleaned out my office and made it usable again!

(For the past few months it was an impromptu storage space.)
  • I'm in San Francisco!
  • I'm in San Francisco!
    Rad!
  • edited February 2010
    I just got an email saying I'm going to be writing up interview questions for Acid Mother Temple, the best Japanese psych band ever. I am ecstatic.

They have loads of history on their site's FAQ that I need to read through before composing my questions. Fascinating dudes.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • I just got an email saying I'm going to be writing up interview questions for Acid Mother Temple, the best Japanese psych band ever. I am ecstatic.

They have loads of history on their site's FAQ that I need to read through before composing my questions. Fascinating dudes.
    What exactly is your job?
  • edited February 2010
    Writing for this website, but it isn't really a job (i.e. I am not paid) and I've only just started. I wrote interview questions for David Grubbs, turned those in yesterday. This'll be my second time doing that, and I really enjoy it. I'll also be writing a piece about the Totally Nebular/Anteaters & The Women Who Love Them show tomorrow at Sweat Records.
  • YES!!! Just got my new drum set in the mail and got it all assembled today. Tama five piece drum set with Meinl cymbals.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm jealous; my set is so thrashed. I played on my friend's drum set yesterday, the first drum set that isn't mine I've played on in about a year, and it was so much fun. I went home and could hardly play my own set. I think the bass drum is the only part that doesn't need fixing/replacing.
  • My set isn't doing so hot either. The snare is old and was cheap to begin with, the cymbals are even cheaper, and there's a gaping hole in the head of one of my toms. The bass petal works pretty well, though. :P
  • I have officially won the day by going to sleep still wearing my pyjamas.
  • edited February 2010
    Ditto
    I was going to go with hairpin turns and a euro-beat soundtrack.
    Hehe, MY THING OF THE DAY/BOO YAH!!!!

No, it's no mine, BUT IT FUCKING EXISTS!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I have officially won the day by going to sleepstillwearing my pyjamas.
    I do that a few days out of every week.