This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• No, it's no mine, BUT IT FUCKING EXISTS!
    It has the wrong wheels on it.
  • No, it's no mine, BUT IT FUCKING EXISTS!
    It has the wrong wheels on it.
    Steering wheel is also on the wrong side, but awesome none the less.
  • Steering wheel is also on the wrong side, but awesome none the less.
    Eh, they're American, they don't know better. ~_^
  • My UPSs have protected my electronics from several funky power events today. Lots of momentary brown outs and probably surges as well.
  • Two shows tonight, both scheduled opposite the Superbowl. The first show was quite full, ran long, and I got a standing O at the end. Nice.

Second show: smaller audience, but I managed my full 56 min show, with just a single (unintentional) drop. I've never done it dropless, so that's a kind of record, I guess.
  • By chance, I happened to find an old copy of Cosmos by Carl Sagan in the living room bookcase. I am in a very mystified mood at the moment and am just beginning to sit down and start reading this.
  • Computer parts ORDERED!

I've decided to name it Grey Area.
  • Running dual monitors at home and 6GB of RAM. I'm very happy. This will make it much easier to make cross-stitch patterns and mess around with Photoshop.
  • edited February 2010
    6GB of RAM.
    Big spender.

Of course, Photoshop is more RAM intensive than GPU intensive, isn't it?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • With triple channel it's 3GB or 6GB, I'd probably also choose the latter.
  • With triple channel it's 3GB or 6GB, I'd probably also choose the latter.
    Yeah, I was going to say.
  • 6GB of RAM.
    Big spender.

Of course, Photoshop is more RAM intensive than GPU intensive, isn't it?
    Photoshop is a resource whore, it needs whatever resource you lack, you have awesome ram? it needs a better GPU. You have a great GPU and awesome RAM? it needs a better processor. You have the best system money can buy? it still crashes and lags like a motherfucker, just because it can.
  • Computer parts ORDERED!
    I'm ordering my HD today too. Aww yeah, computer parts.
  • I'm ordering my HD today too. Aww yeah, computer parts.
    This is my first full build. I am more than a bit excited.
  • edited February 2010
    Big spender.
    I was already running with 3GB, and the RAM was pretty cheap. Plus it's not the RAM I needed for Photoshop, it was the dual monitor. I just wanted the RAM to have it for other purposes.

But I am very happy.

I blurred out my current project due to the fact that I don't want to spoil the surprise. ^_^
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I blurred out my current project due to the fact that I don't want to spoil the surprise. ^_^
    My bet is on Pokemon.
  • I blurred out my current project due to the fact that I don't want to spoil the surprise. ^_^
    My bet is on Pokemon Penises.
    FTFY
  • That spot of blue in the window behind the blacked out window looks like a Squirtle hand. I know from some of the pixels and having seen many Squirtles in my time.
  • I like Kate's answer.
  • Went out in the Snopocalypse and got gas in my shorts outside a wawa and then went to my 24 hour gym with Laura where we were one of 4 people crazy enough to be there at 10 o'clock during a blizzard. :-p
  • Went out in the Snopocalypse and got gas in my shorts outside a wawa and then went to my 24 hour gym with Laura where we were one of 4 people crazy enough to be there at 10 o'clock during a blizzard. :-p
    You have blizzard? We haven't even seen a snowflake yet.
  • Google Streetview launched in Helsinki (well all of Finland for that matter).
  • edited February 2010
    You have blizzard?
    It definitely looks like a blizzard here. And yes, I do mean an actual blizzard.

EDIT: My courtyard has just disappeared in a whirlwind of snow.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • It is snowing here, but we are only supposed to get 2" - 4". Downstate looks like it is about to be hammered.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2010
    Downstate looks like it is about to be hammered.
    Less than 2', so it's really no big deal. Trains and subways are entirely unaffected as yet, and I expect the situation to be about the same this afternoon when I head home.

It was very pleasant this morning, however, to see Manhattan through the windows entirely obscured except for the floating squares of light from skyscraper windows, muted by the falling snow.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Downstate looks like it is about to be hammered.
    Less than 2', so it's really no big deal. Trains and subways are entirely unaffected.
    There is a Winter Weather Advisory for most of NY South of Albany. I don't know about NYC, though.
  • There is a Winter Weather Advisory for most of NY South of Albany. I don't know about NYC, though.
    Yes, but we're also in New York. 2' of snow will be dealt with by tomorrow. This isn't DC. :P
  • edited February 2010
    BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT... ... WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

I ask why do they cancel a Winter storm warning and add a Blizzard warning, why not say it was upgraded.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited February 2010
    BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT... ... WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

I ask why do they cancel a Winter storm warning and add a Blizzard warning, why not say it was upgraded LEVELED UP!!!
    FTFY
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I somewhat wish we had that going on over here. Then I could have a good reason to stay home and relax. I only had five hours of sleep, and my brain, by some miracle, is actually functioning. But, for how long?
    It was very pleasant this morning ... muted by the falling snow.
    That's one of my favorite things about snow.