This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited February 2010
    People are responding to me! I've got four interviews booked so far, with three other people interested!

UPDATE: I now have interviews scheduled Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! Boo yah!
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I've never read Sandman, but I'm about to, because I just got all 10 volumes cheap on eBay! w00t!
  • I've never read Sandman, but I'm about to, because I just got all 10 volumes cheap on eBay! w00t!
    I'm in the process of saving up for the Absolute volumes.
  • I'm in the process of saving up for the Absolute volumes.
    I briefly considered it, but I actually don't like giant hardcover books. I mean, jesus -- 15 inches high, and 600-some pages? 7 pounds! You can't read that in bed!
  • edited February 2010
    I briefly considered it, but I actually don't like giant hardcover books. I mean, jesus -- 15 inches high, and 600-some pages? 7 pounds! You can't read that in bed!
    I'm a binding fetishist; I like my books to look powerful and handsome, and to match others in the set. I'm probably going to gift my copy of Neverwhere to someone just so I can buy the Harper Perennial version to match my other Gaiman books.

Harper, Penguin, American Library, and Vintage are probably my favorite publishers of text-only books. Beautiful matching bindings. For American comics, DC wins hands down for their Absolute series; I'm still trying to track down an Absolute LoEG Vol I.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Absolute Sandman volume 1 is the best smelling book I own. That is all.
  • Absolute Sandman volume 1 is the best smelling book I own. That is all.
    I have a crippling addiction to bookscent. I used to pick up books at library book sales as a little kid and just inhale deeply. So good.

To put this in perspective, I found an apartment that has floor-to-ceiling bookshelves flanking a fireplace. I'll probably ignore the fact that it has an electric range just because I can literally sit next to my fire surrounded by books in the winter.
  • I have a crippling addiction to bookscent. I used to pick up books at library book sales as a little kid and just inhale deeply. So good.
    This is one of the reasons I doubt I will ever have an ebook reader. Also, the horrible eye strain I experience from trying to read anything of significant length on a computer screen...but I love the way books feel and smell.
  • I have a crippling addiction to bookscent. I used to pick up books at library book sales as a little kid and just inhale deeply. So good.
    This is one of the reasons I doubt I will ever have an ebook reader. Also, the horrible eye strain I experience from trying to read anything of significant length on a computer screen...but I love the way books feel and smell.
    Same here. All I crave from life is more books. I love walking into a home or apartment, and you can tell that the person is an avid reader because you can smell the paper. That's what life should smell like.
  • I just released my latest writing project online for free. No first readers or feedback this time, just writing 35,000 words, editing, and publishing in under 4 days.

"The Monster Story Conference" is now available here: http://www.lukeburrage.com/monsterstoryconference.html

I wrote a blog post about it here: http://www.lukeburrage.com/blog/archives/643

I really need to get some sleep.
  • The girl at Chipotle liked my hair. I got free extra meat without even asking. Victory belongs to my luxurious curls.
  • I got free extra meat without even asking.
    You should've given her some free extra meat.
  • I got free extra meat without even asking.
    You should've given her some free extra meat.
    She wasn't my type, you scoundrel, you.
  • The girl at Chipotle liked my hair. I got free extra meat without even asking. Victory belongs to my luxurious curls.
    I ate Chipotle for the first time ever today. That stuff is delicious... Along with that, my roommates and I had time to go grocery shopping today for the first time in weeks, get alcohol for later. It's gonna be nice being able to cook real meals again since the blizzards hit.

And a friend of mine surprised me with some fanart that got me really exited. Seriously, there's like a fuzzy feeling you get when someone draws art for you. ^_^
  • She wasn't my type, you scoundrel, you.
    She Gave you free meat on your sandwich. If that's not your type, sir, we have nothing more to discuss.
  • She wasn't my type, you scoundrel, you.
    She Gave you free meat on your sandwich. If that's not your type, sir, we have nothing more to discuss.
    A burrito, actually, but still a valid point.
  • "Burrito" only lends itself to more innuendo.
  • edited February 2010
    "Burrito" only lends itself to more innuendo.
    I'm well-aware.
  • Keeping it classy, gentlemen. Keeping it classy.
    That's my kind of classy.
    The kind spelled with a "k"?
    The kind spelled with a "k"?
    That's my kind of Klassy. ;)
  • Same here. All I crave from life is more books. I love walking into a home or apartment, and you can tell that the person is an avid reader because you can smell the paper. That's what life should smell like.
    Actually, one of my favorite smells is Japanese ink. They use a different formula (primarily soy based instead of petroleum, I think?) and if you go into a Japanese book store you will see what I mean. I like to smell my books. They all have different smells. My comics smell different than my cheap paper-backs which smell different than fancy hard-covers.
  • I just can't get excited about the smell of books. Now cars...leather, motor oil, gasoline, burn brake pads (that's how you know you're trying). I love the way cars smell...except gear oil. Gear oil is the most vile substance in the world.
  • I'm going to start a "favorite smells" thread.
  • I'm going to start a "favorite smells" thread.
    Wood heated sauna at 87 degrees Centigrade with beech benches before the first löyly.
  • edited February 2010
    Monitor and parts arrive tomorrow. I will soon play Dragon Age and L4D2 in glorious 1080p.
  • edited February 2010
    I beat Shadow of the Colossus yesterday, after owning it for like three years. Today, I beat all the bosses on normal time attack. Such a good game.
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • Monitor and parts arrive tomorrow. I will soon play Dragon Age and L4D2 in glorious 1080p.
    Fuck yeah!
  • I beat Shadow of the Colossus yesterday, after owning it for like three years. Today, I beat all the bosses on normal time attack. Such a good game.
    Yes! One of my faves from the PS2 days.