This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I think things are definitely getting better
    Or, y'know, a bunch of people are losing jobs left and right.
  • Or, y'know, a bunch of people are losing jobs left and right.
    Maybe but not at my company or the surrounding area. (or at least they are getting new jobs pretty quickly) I actually first started to notice the uptick when Merck started stealing our employee's away again...
  • Or, y'know, a bunch of people are losing jobs left and right.
    Maybe but not at my company or the surrounding area. (or at least they are getting new jobs pretty quickly) I actually first started to notice the uptick when Merck started stealing our employee's away again...
    Yeah, because your personal sample set of Horsham is perfect snapshot of the entire US economy. :P
  • edited April 2010
    Or, y'know, a bunch of people are losing jobs left and right.
    Yeah, because your personal sample set of Horsham is perfect snapshot of the entire US economy. :P
    Well, my school is hiring quite a bit of people also. Not teachers, though, which I wish wasn't the case.

Booyah: On thursday, I got to diagnose and fix a networking problem with our super computers and I got to use a fluke! I also pushed out drive images to an entire computer lab over the network! Behold, I am a sysadmin! ^_^!!!!!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • -Ran a Model UN conference.
    -Made awesome new friends.
    -May have a crew for 24 Hours of LeMons.
  • Speeding ticket amended to defective equipment. ^_^
  • Speeding ticket amended to defective equipment. ^_^
    Jealous! I have to go into court on the 14th of May to ask to get my speeding ticket reduced.

They got me on camera, in a school zone, so there is no getting out of it. They even provide the video online, and I've seen it several times and laugh at myself. -_-
  • Contract is ending this Friday, only three work orders to go (most of the work is done hardest thing are: API Strep 20 and a titer). Being able to finish paying my student loans and finally being able to focus on my "personal legend"!
  • Jealous! I have to go into court on the 14th of May to ask to get my speeding ticket reduced.

They got me on camera, in a school zone, so there is no getting out of it. They even provide the video online, and I've seen it several times and laugh at myself. -_-
    Man up and pay, or woman up and pay...whatever. If you already know you aren't getting out of it, why waste your own time going to court? Seriously that just reeks of stupidity.
  • Man up and pay, or woman up and pay...whatever. If you already know you aren't getting out of it, why waste your own time going to court? Seriously that just reeks of stupidity.
    Meh, I don't give a shit. I have a court date and can't back out. Get over it. :P
  • edited April 2010
    If you already know you aren't getting out of it, why waste your own time going to court?
    Speeding tickets are a racket in most municipalities in the US. There's a chance that you'll have the ticket reduced simply by showing up to court. I had a speeding ticket taken from 19 over the limit to failure to obey a stop sign. It's better for the municipality if you just pay right there, so they tend to cut you a deal.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Yeah, because your personal sample set of Horsham is perfect snapshot of the entire US economy. :P
    I guess you haven't been listening to all the good economic news coming around as well...but then I live in a awesome place. More Awesome people should move here :-p
  • but then I live in a awesome place
    Wait, I thought you lived in Pennsylvania. Did you move? You must have moved.
  • Wait, I thought you lived in Pennsylvania. Did you move? You must have moved.
    I'll just leave this here
  • I wouldn't say that too loud, you lost to a town in Jersey for christ's sake.
  • I'll just leave this here
    Best for whom? That's an incredibly subjective claim. I wouldn't exactly call it "fact."
  • I'll just leave this here
    Hm, that's funny. I don't see Horsham on the 2009 list. Must be an oversight. :P

Also, that looks at small towns specifically.
  • Speeding tickets are a racket in most municipalities in the US. There's a chance that you'll have the ticket reduced simply by showing up to court. I had a speeding ticket taken from 19 over the limit to failure to obey a stop sign. It's better for the municipality if you just pay right there, so they tend to cut you a deal.
    Yeah, I heard that story before. Quite disgusting that a so called first world country stoops to such low legal practices instead of actually caring about their people.
  • edited April 2010
    Quite disgusting that a so called first world country stoops to such low legal practices instead of actually caring about their people.
    Well, it varies from region to region. Albany, for example, doesn't seem to give a shit about speeding until you're actually being reckless. Very small towns will often pursue their tickets, as they're a rare source of revenue.

But yes, by and large, speeding tickets serve as sources of revenue for a municipality. It's one of the ways that many municipalities keep taxes down; they just shift the burden around. It sucks, but no town will change their speed limits to something sensible because they rely heavily on that ticket revenue.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Our taxes are low and they have to get the money somehow.
  • edited April 2010
    Best for whom? That's an incredibly subjective claim. I wouldn't exactly call it "fact."
    Nuri are you trying to make a conversation thread that started with "I live in an awesome place" and was retorted by "you must have moved from PA" and your going to attack the resulting bravado with whether the argument or evidence presented is subjective?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • My bike got fixed and I rode around for 3 hours today because of how much I missed it.
  • My bike got fixed and I rode around for 3 hours today because of how much I missed it.
    That'll be me come Thursday or Friday. Except replace "bike" with "my goddamn Fit."
  • Best for whom? That's an incredibly subjective claim. I wouldn't exactly call it "fact."
    Nuri are you trying to make a conversation thread that started with "I live in an awesome place" and was retorted by "you must have moved from PA" and your going to attack the resulting bravado with whether the argument or evidence presented is subjective?
    Scott, have you MET me? That's what I DO.
  • @zibbelcoot - That's rad! I would very much like to see a video of your talk, should it be available.

Scott, have you MET me? That's what I DO.
    Nuri..... I don't know you but you and I might get along just fine. Haha
  • edited April 2010
    My first major final is two weeks from Tuesday, so I spent today recuperating from an intense weekend. I watched 13 episodes of Gurren Lagaan and read 15 chapters of Initial D.

Rawr rawr, fight da powa.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2010
    A while ago, I posted that I failed in training my Kadabra in Pokemon Emerald. I've since started over, and just today have beaten the Hoenn Elite Four with a new and powerful team. Now I not only have access to Pokemon(ones that could not be obtained unless I beat the Elite Four) that I wanted to train, I have obtained newborn versions of them and am now training my dream team. Hooray.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • On monday I ran 3 miles after a week and a half of being sick, then yesterday I ran 4.16 miles. My body is tired but what a great feeling is to be able to go the distance.
    If I feel better today I will go for another extra mile :D
  • Remember when I said the Court ruled against Net Neutrality and everyone booed well guess what!

Net Neutrality is in the Financial overhaul bill
  • Remember when I said the Court ruled against Net Neutrality and everyone booed well guess what!

Net Neutrality is in the Financial overhaul bill