This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• So, my ex-fiancée finally told me why she broke up with me, she found out she was a lesbian. While this would normally would go in my Fail of the day thread, three things make it go here.

1) It cheered me up slightly from my uber-depressive state.
    2) It cleared up my earlier confusion. Which helped #1 happen.
    3) She bought me Anathem in order to tell me that there were no hard feelings.

I can read Anathem now, Finally~!
  • I'm glad you feel better, and are further confirmed that you weren't broken up with because you weren't awesome.
  • Then did you haxor it's gibson?
    No hacks at all. I swear to God.
    I swear to Joe Pesci. He seems like a guy that if you broke that promise, he'd ruin your shit.
    You know who my God is: Carl Sagan.
    I swear to Joe Pesci. He seems like a guy that if you broke that promise, he'd ruin your shit.
    Carl Sagan, Joe Pesci, and Patrick Stewart (or Sean Connery).
    Joe Pesci could beat up Carl Sagan.
    But Carl Sagan could make it so Joe Pesci was too stunned with the awesomeness of the universe to do anything but gape in amazement.
  • edited May 2010
    Which would be more painful; getting your ass kicked by Joe Pesci or seeing disappointment etched in every line of Carl Sagan's face, and weighing on the tone of every word he spoke to you?
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited May 2010
    I've discovered a neat way to make business cards on the cheap by cutting 10x15cm photo paper into quarters. This lets you turn a 100 pack of cheap photo paper into 400 business cards for about £2. Compared to £8 for 250 of the pre-perforated ones or having to get a shit-ton printed professionally to make them economical for promotional material.

Takes a long time to cut but I can do it in front of the TV.

If you want to try this (e.g. cards for a convention stall.), make sure to buy or borrow a guillotine as straight edges are a must.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • 3 gin and tonics, pizza, the afterglow of my sister being married today and now Carl Sagan smoothly telling me what I already know (that the universe is an amazing place). Boo-fucking-yah.
  • Over the last three days I've painted the ceiling of my living room and juggling studio, then bought and fitted new carpets. I moved all the furniture back in, but I think I need to buy a rug or mat to go in front of the couch.
  • Yeah, that would really tie the room together.

• Hey, why not throw in a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference too, to prove how cool you are for reading and remembering something from that.
  • Wow...I knew most of the FRC didn't like the nerd-cred ideology of being able to quote stuff, but we've quoted plenty of things on this forum without yelling at each other.
    Unless you're just joking around...
  • Yelling? Who's yelling?

I mentioned a rug. He mentioned a "cool" movie that also has a rug. How is this interesting or informative or entertaining in any way? If you can explain another reason for the post besides "hey guys, there's this movie which mentions a rug. Aren't I cool for pointing it out?" I'd like to read it.
  • Wow...I knew most of the FRC didn't like the nerd-cred ideology of being able to quote stuff, but we've quoted plenty of things on this forum without yelling at each other.
    Unless you're just joking around...
    Do you just enjoy misinterpreting people? I mean, if he meant to sound like he was yelling he would've used an exclamation point or caps or something.
  • edited May 2010
    I mentioned a rug. He mentioned a "cool" movie that also has a rug. How is this interesting or informative or entertaining in any way? If you can explain another reason for the post besides "hey guys, there's this movie which mentions a rug. Aren't I cool for pointing it out?" I'd like to read it.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • If you can explain another reason for the post... I'd like to read it.
    It made me lol.
  • Hey, why not throw in a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference too, to prove how cool you are for reading and remembering something from that.
    You sass that hoopy Starfox? There's one frood who really knows where his towel and persian rugs are at.
  • I mentioned a rug. He mentioned a "cool" movie that also has a rug. How is this interesting or informative or entertaining in any way? If you can explain another reason for the post besides "hey guys, there's this movie which mentions a rug. Aren't I cool for pointing it out?" I'd like to read it.
    Because everyone knows that when you hear something that you've heard before THAT'S COMEDY.

(in the words of mc chris, Dungeon Master of Ceremonies, track 4 ha ha)
  • It'd be pretty cool if people were nice to each other. Just saying.
  • It'd be pretty cool if people were nice to each other. Just saying.
    Hi, Have you met the internet?
  • Good-humored dickishness is no worse than being nice.
  • You think I'm angry? You wouldn't want to see me when I'm angry.
  • I knew most of the FRC didn't like the nerd-cred ideology of being able to quote stuff, but we've quoted plenty of things on this forum without yelling at each other.
    Being able to quote is fine and dandy. The problem lies in the nerd culture where people will specifically and with no prompting share quotations that are in no way relevant to the current situation.

If it is my birthday, and I am promised cake, stating that this cake may in fact be a lie is fine.
    If it is not my birthday, and I am at a convention standing in line, stating "the cake is a lie" to the person next to me is a clear sign that I am desperate and uncultured.
  • But I like quoting things. :'(
  • edited May 2010

Sorry, Fark made me do it.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I knew most of the FRC didn't like the nerd-cred ideology of being able to quote stuff, but we've quoted plenty of things on this forum without yelling at each other.
    Being able to quote is fine and dandy. The problem lies in the nerd culture where people will specifically and with no prompting share quotations that are in no way relevant to the current situation.

If it is my birthday, and I am promised cake, stating that this cake may in fact be a lie is fine.
    If it is not my birthday, and I am at a convention standing in line, stating "the cake is a lie" to the person next to me is a clear sign that I am desperate and uncultured.
    Yeah, I understand this. But his quote was actually kind of relevant. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen The Big Lebowski, but it seemed to make sense with what was going on.
    Also, sorry if I misanalyzed a post again. Apparently I suck at reading people's emotions over the internet.
  • I'm going to write a script that parses the forum. Every time the word "Towel" is mentioned it will post a comment about the Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe, the same if it sees the number 42. It'll be relevant every time.
  • I'm going to write a script that parses the forum. Every time the word "Towel" is mentioned it will post a comment about the Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe, the same if it sees the number 42. It'll be relevant every time.
    Take that shit to Twitter. ;^)

Actually, do. "That's no moon" and "Oh Snap Attack" are well received already.
  • Tonight...Iron Man marathon.