This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Tonight...Iron Man marathon.
    Indeed. We are attending the film at a theatre that serves alcohol. Epic win.
  • We are attending the film at a theatre that serves alcohol.
    Did you know what they call the Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France?
  • Quarter pounder with cheese?
  • Wait... I must be messing up my quotes from cool movies. You see, at the beginning of Pulp Fiction, Vince says in Europe they sell beer in movie theaters. By quoting that moving in this context, I'm cool now too, right?
  • Wait... I must be messing up my quotes from cool movies. You see, at the beginning of Pulp Fiction, Vince says in Europe they sell beer in movie theaters. By quoting that moving in this context, I'm cool now too, right?
    Not sure if serious.
  • Wait... I must be messing up my quotes from cool movies.
    Actually, you are. The quote is "Do you know...," as opposed to "Did you know..."
    Nope. You reached for a $20 bill in your wallet of social currency and got a $20 bill. Your reference is correct but given that I live in California, the whole concept of theatres where people can drink during films is still new and novel to us. =D
  • Wait... I must be messing up my quotes from cool movies.
    Actually, you are. The quote is "Doyou know...," as opposed to "Did you know..."
    It's also a Quater Pounder in Amsterdam.
  • edited May 2010

NOM.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2010
    It's also a Quater Pounder inAmsterdam.
    In Germany, a big mac is a "Hamburger Royale mit tomato und salat" - If you'll pardon my spelling. Of course, if you don't, it's still called that, it's just that I spelt it wrong.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, it's interesting how some places with metric measurements still call it a Quarter Pounder, such as Australia.
    By the way, I think it's "Hamburger Royal mit Tomate und Salat".
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • @Sail: Genius.
    Like bar cookies!
  • NOM.
    You should have posted that in the Fail/Boo-yah thread. Boo-Yah. Fail. Boo-Yah!
  • I'm graduating from college tomorrow.
    Any luck finding a job?
    Any luck finding a job?
    I'm working in the robotics department at the Georgia Tech Research Institute. The plan is to work there and then get into the Robotics Ph.D program and have them pay my way.
  • I see, best of luck on that. ^_^
  • That's awesome, Andrew. And, if you got a Ph. D, it means we could start calling you "Doctor".
  • Exactly.
  • My tech support team (585 people) got layoff notices in April and will be without jobs May 31. I was offered a job today (at slightly less pay). Here's the thing: It's at the weekly news magazine where I previously worked five years. They called me out of the blue the other day, sort of head-hunting. The company that owns it declared Chapter 11 yesterday but is reorganizing under a new name and expects operations to continue unimpaired. The writing is of the slightly degrading suburban neighborhood news type, but it would be flextime ahoy and lots of vacation availability. I'm not sure I'm going to take it, but it's at least a safety net to consider.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    I just recieved this "Advance Uncorrected Proofs-Not For Sale" copy of a book that will be published by SImon and Schuster and...it sounds amazing. The title of this book is "Paul is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion". I wish I could quote the epic and amazing opening blurb, but I'm barred from doing so since it is an advance copy.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I just recieved this "Advance Uncorrected Proofs-Not For Sale" copy of a book that will be published by SImon and Schuster and...it sounds amazing. The title of this book is "Paul is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion". I wish I could quote the epic and amazing opening blurb, but I'm barred from doing so since it is an advance copy.
    Holy Pulp, Batman!

I cannot wait to read that shit. It sounds Shatnerquake-awesome.
  • I just recieved this "Advance Uncorrected Proofs-Not For Sale" copy of a book that will be published by SImon and Schuster and...it sounds amazing. The title of this book is "Paul is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion". I wish I could quote the epic and amazing opening blurb, but I'm barred from doing so since it is an advance copy.
    Holy Pulp, Batman!

Shatnerquake?
    Holy Pulp, Batman!

Shatnerquake?
    BOOM!
  • On Sunday I ran 10.4 miles in 2 hours. Closing on my goal of 13 miles.
  • Called USAA; dropped my annual mileage from 15,000 miles per year to 4,000 miles per year now that I rarely have to drive anywhere. Saved money. Boo Yah!
  • edited May 2010
    Called USAA; dropped my annual mileage from 15,000 miles per year to 4,000 miles per year now that I rarely have to drive anywhere. Saved money. Boo Yah!
    How much did you save (%), I'm wondering if I should bother with this myself.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Called USAA; dropped my annual mileage from 15,000 miles per year to 4,000 miles per year now that I rarely have to drive anywhere. Saved money. Boo Yah!
    How much did you save (%), I'm wondering if I should bother with this myself.
    Something like 20%. I'm not exactly sure what the percentage is, because I'm right at the end of my current 6-month, and the renewal is going to have a lower price for not wrecking for a year + the difference from the changes I made. I lowered my annual mileage estimate, raised my deductible from $250 to $500, and took the business use off my vehicle (since I'm not doing that anymore). Mostly, this was an attempt to make ends meet this summer. I haz teh poor.