This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• So, wait? That's what I'm thinking. Any compelling reason to jump in right now?
    Gamer ADD. If you want multiplayer, now is the only time this game will be played. Look at how briefly Alien Swarm lasted.
  • Alien Swarm was a shitty game though.
  • edited January 2011
    If anybody's interested, they're having a deal on Steam for the two Penny Arcade games, together for 3€ in my region. I'm guessing it's currently on the cheap in the U.S. too. They're definitely worth picking up.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Alien Swarm was a shitty game though.
    Err, why's that?
  • I had no problems with Alien Swarm.
  • Anyone want to try it with me?
    I'll gladly play with you, but I'm a bit busy until Sunday. If you want, I'll send you some useful functions my friends and I have figured out.

If you schedule a time, I can probably get a few friends to go online and play with us too.
  • edited January 2011
    Anyone want to try it with me?
    I'll gladly play with you, but I'm a bit busy until Sunday.
    How about now?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited January 2011
    sure, lets go.

Edit: I'm jmerm, and just created a room called "geeknights"
    double edit, I'm in a ton of tabs and once and might not notice when you enter. Feel free to message me on google talk. I'm JoshMermel there.
    Post edited by jmerm on
  • Looks like I'm too late then. I was playing Magicka.
  • Monday Night Combat is probably best played on consoles. Actual aiming and shooting at doods doesn't make up as much concentration as moving around, using your powers/deployables at the right time, grappling, jumping and jetpacking. The control system makes a lot more sense on the controller as all your power buttons are together.
    It's also interesting to see how the difference in distance from TV versus monitor changes your area of focus, e.g. on the PC, the status notification at the edge of the screen need to be bigger to compensate for aiming tunnel vision.

Going to pester Rym to get the Tribes server up.

In other news, has any game ever used the scroll wheel well? Apart from that scratching game.
  • Monday Night Combat is probably best played on consoles.
    Use an Xbox controller and move your chair back?
  • Monday Night Combat is probably best played on consoles.
    Use an Xbox controller and move your chair back?
    Naw, you'd be flattened. You can use the keyboard and mouse but it's not great. I think the keyboard and mouse gives you certain expectations on how you play and you have to really build the game with the different play styles in mind. For instance, with a controller, you kinda expect to run sideways whaling on an enemy for a few seconds before you kill them but with a keyboard and mouse, it feels like you're not doing anything.
  • Continued play of MNC makes me want to try what a churro tastes like.
  • I finally got some time to play some MNC online, and really enjoyed it. It's definitely replacing TF2 as my pick up and play multiplayer game.
    Continued play of MNC makes me want to try what a churro tastes like.
    It's kind of like a doughy stick of funnel cake covered cinnamon. I haven't had one in a while, and now I want to eat one.
  • Having purchased MNC on Xbox a while back, I can say it totally replaced TF2 for me. Very different feel, but very fun.
  • Dead Space 2

Fuck you bitch you're dead. GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES
  • It's kind of like a doughy stick of funnel cake covered cinnamon. I haven't had one in a while, and now I want to eat one.
    They taste kinda like a proper donut, if you fried it till it was just a bit crispy, and then covered it in cinnamon sugar.
  • Lately I've been playing a lot of the n game.
  • Lately I've been playing a lot ofthe n game.
    I have the psp version and its great but hard as balls
  • Lately I've been playing a lot ofthe n game.
    Yep, N is pretty great. If you like this, you'd love Super Meat Boy.
  • I've been playing a lot of Super Mario Bros. X, Desktop Dungeons, occasionally League of Legends and some Blops on the Xbox.
  • some Bloops on the Xbox.
    FTFY
  • someCODBLOPSon the Xbox.
    FTFY
    FTFBOY.
  • I managed to finish Havindr arena by myself in Magicka; it was much harder than I expected it to be.
  • someZorkon the Xbox.
    FTFY
    FTFBOY.
  • Yes, it's another MMORPG with all the inherent problems of the genre. Yes, it's a doll simulator. I am still playing Champions Online, with is now free to play. Here are some characters I've made:
  • Fallout New Vegas. Needs ten or more DLC's

Splatterhouse. Why must I love you?

Twin Peaks: the game Deadly premonition.
  • The Revenge Of The Titans team has comes to their senses and made reloading cannons and emptying refineries automatic, making the game playable. Going to try it out.
  • I've been playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter co-op with my friends. It took a mission or two to get used to how it works, but I'm greatly enjoying the change of pace compared to other games. In a way, it's rather calm, something I don't normally experience with FPS. It's all about taking it slow and steady. It's what I wanted ARMA to be, but ARMA leans way too much into the simulator zone for me. Also, a weapons pack allows for many more choices and fun combinations.