This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• No idea yet. It depends on when I actually get home from work.
  • Magicka's input problems could be considered strait up trolling at times.
  • Anyone want to do this Left 4 Dead 2 campaign that gets you the summer camp ticket? I'll be on late tonight.
  • Just started Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

It's probably one of the last good DS games to be released. Looks like a studio Ghibli movie and plays like an action RPG.

It's still early, but I'm really liking it. Grab it if you have an R4 for sure. Not sure if I would buy it yet.
  • Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
    I am so unbelievably glad XSEED Games got the rights to bring this over to the states, considering how much I've been looking forward to it. I want to import it from England or somewhere so badly, but I will wait, because XSEED is sure to come up with some kinda crazy bonus stuff in a Special Edition release.
  • Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
    I am so unbelievably glad XSEED Games got the rights to bring this over to the states, considering how much I've been looking forward to it. I want to import it from England or somewhere so badly, but I will wait, because XSEED is sure to come up with some kinda crazy bonus stuff in a Special Edition release.
    Once I get a bit further in and decide that I will play through I'll go buy a copy.
    I like to support niche games like this. And you also get WAY better battery life out of a genuine cart :)

Still need to play Okamiden and Ghost Trick. The DS has a bit of life left in her yet.
  • Apparently Quake 2 has coop gameplay, so I'm running through that with a friend.
  • Gotta go back to Spacechem so Alex doesn't catch up to me.
  • Gotta go back to Spacechem so Alex doesn't catch up to me.
    That game is too much for my brain, it haunts my dreams (literally, I dream about playing it).
  • edited July 2011
    I played WAY too much SS13 yesterday. Having genetics give you x-ray vision and telekinesis powers is pretty much cart blanche to wreck the station. It's fun injecting the captain with monkey transformation serum from the other side of the wall.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Status of console gaming: Going back to Metal Gear Solid 2 sounds like fun, but I wouldn't be able to alt-tab and check six Web sites every 2.5 minutes on my PS2.
  • Having genetics give you x-ray vision and telekinesis powers is pretty much cart blanche to wreck the station
    No it's not you fucking goon. Unless you love getting your shit banned. Also, no hulk = fail.
  • Having genetics give you x-ray vision and telekinesis powers is pretty much cart blanche to wreck the station
    No it's not you fucking goon. Unless you love getting your shit banned. Also, no hulk = fail.
    u mad?
  • u mad?
    I mad you're no traitorous psychic hulk strangling the fuck out of everyone and everything that passes. Best mutant powers combination is Blue Space Manipulation and Hulk Strength. No need to look through walls when you can just tear the station in twain with your mind.
  • Anymore games like Kerbal Space Program? I'm not tired of sending silly rockets into space, but I know I will be at some point.
  • Redeemed some summer camp tickets for the AAAAaaaaAAAAaaa!!!! level pack and they are brutal.
  • edited July 2011
    I decided to try (and fail) CS 1.6

I keep getting booted/banned. I assume this is because I suck. I must continue.

Edit: It might also be latency.
    Post edited by Snickety-Snake on
  • Trine is fun I guess.
  • Edit: It might also be latency.
    Almost definitely. The servers I played on at RIT would kick anyone with a ping over 50. Even now, I never join a server if my ping is much above 20, and many servers auto-kick high pingers.
  • Don't think I'll ever get a decent frame-rate from NS2 due to the amount of lighting going on. Kinda tempted to learn commandering.
  • edited July 2011
    Don't think I'll ever get a decent frame-rate from NS2 due to the amount of lighting going on. Kinda tempted to learn commandering.
    I get a great framerate playing locally. There is are severe problems in the netcode.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Played a little bit of Fallout 3 New Vegas last night. So far I like it, seems almost the same as Fallout 3. I did experience some weird npc behavior that I had seen in the previous game. The NPC near the corn field went nuts for no reason and just started shooting at a kid and the cow mutant thing. Then he ran around town and went back to his corn field like nothing ever happened.
  • edited July 2011
    I get a great framerate playing locally. There is are severe problems in the netcode.
    You know what has awesome netcode? TF2. For all it's faults, I've only ever had two dropouts - Both turned out to be problems on my end, not problems with TF2 exclusively - and it's smooth as butter the majority of the time - the only slowdowns being in the killcams - even though I regularly get a ping of over 200 on the FRCF server.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I get a great framerate playing locally. There is are severe problems in the netcode.
    You know what has awesome netcode? TF2. For all it's faults, I've only ever had two dropouts - Both turned out to be problems on my end, not problems with TF2 exclusively - and it's smooth as butter the majority of the time - the only slowdowns being in the killcams - even though I regularly get a ping of over 200 on the FRCF server.
    All Valve games have perfect netcode.
  • edited July 2011
    Played a bit of Sanctum. Pretty good. Would love to do some co-op. Would make it much easier. Thanks Ro!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Played a bit of Sanctum. Pretty good. Would love to do some co-op. Would make it much easier. Thanks Ro!
    I may have a Borderlands date tonight, however if that doesn't pan out we may be able to do some Sanctum.
  • All Valve games have perfect netcode.
    Fair call. I would say some of the older games are a bit dodgey if you're not on a US connection - for example, I'm never getting sub-100 ping connecting to a server outside of Australia, so it can be shaky. But generally, they have some of the best netcode around.
  • If anybody else purchased Fallout 3 New Vegas and has a problem with the mouse sensitivity moving to fast. Check out the Steam forum thread for the fix. Works like a charm. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23564317
  • Terraria is excellent if you're playing multiplayer - I'm running a FRCForums server right now, in fact. A few people are up now, and I'll be joining shortly.

Server IP: 98.113.169.78 (default port)
    Server Password: frcforums
  • I beat Portal 2! Yes I waited for the sale, but it was so worth it.