This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Waiting on dat DX:HR patch. Filling the gap with Earthbound, Borderlands, and old-school Deus Ex.
  • I got stuck on old school Deus Ex. On the level where you send the terrorist message and then go back to Paul's place, I go back to Paul's place and he's not there.
  • edited August 2011
    I got stuck on old school Deus Ex. On the level where you send the terrorist message and then go back to Paul's place, I go back to Paul's place and he's not there.
    SPOILARZ:When you go back to the apartment, UNATCO and MJ12 dudes are supposed to attack you. You can either leave out the window and Paul dies. (Did you somehow do that and not realize it?) or you can stay and fight, and when you do, Paul can't die. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I found a guide for fixing the issue if you can't get him to show up. Apparently sometimes he just disappears.
    Yeah, that's the right place. This is a longstanding Deus Ex bug that I STILL cannot figure out the reason for. Essentially, Paul disappears from the 'Ton hotel if you do the wrong thing, in part because some flags get set if you leave via the window, but sometimes he just vanishes for no reason. To fix it, you need to use cheats. If you haven't enabled them, press "T" to bring up the "say" command, then delete those letters and type in the following:

set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled true

Once you do that, do the following steps:

1) Hit "T", delete "Say" and enter the command "legend". A menu will come up. Go to "Edit Flags", and in the list that appears, scroll down and see if you find an entry named "PaulDenton_Dead". If you do, double-click it and change the Value to FALSE. If you don't see it you're fine. Either way, you can close all those windows and return to the game now.

2) Go into the 'Ton, to Paul's room. If he's there you don't need to do the rest of the steps. If he isn't, go near to the chair in the corner where he should be.

3) Hit "T", delete "Say" and enter the command "summon PaulDenton". Paul will appear, wandering around. Back away from him (like into the hallway) and then come back. He should start talking, but you may need to click him a few times while close to him for the conversation to start.

That should do it. Good luck!
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I'm missing one Golden Skulltula (but it says that I have all of them in each area, WTF?) and one Heart Piece in Ocarina of Time.
  • I'm missing one Golden Skulltula (but it says that I have all of them in each area, WTF?) and one Heart Piece in Ocarina of Time.
    It might be a gold skulltulla in a dungeon? Go get the list on gamefaqs, and go to each area one at a time.
    It might be a gold skulltulla in a dungeon? Go get the list on gamefaqs, and go to each area one at a time.
    Easiest skulltula to miss is in Dodongo's Cavern. As Scott says, dungeon ones are not marked on the main map, you have to go to each one to check. For heart pieces, just go to GameFAQs.
  • Considering the way games have been going, I'll be glad if this is popular.
  • Trying to play OpenTTD without using coal to subsidise my income.
  • edited September 2011
    So, playing some borderlands with Nineless. We drove around a bit -

Goddamnit, nineless.

We founds some guns, and cruised over to Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, for a little horde mode action. I found a new revolver not long ago that I'd not had a chance to play with -

Turns out it's just a wee bit overpowered. Bye sledge!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Played a ton of Shogun 2: Total War. The Shogun just turned the rest of the country against me. This is going to be a long war...
  • edited September 2011
    It really pisses me off when games that do not save the current level's progress on exit (magicka & hitman) crash. All the time spent on that level is completely worthless, due to a small glitch and a bad development decision.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • So I finally found a way to speed up the combat in the newer King's Bounty games. It's still not as fast as it could be, but it's tolerably fast.
  • edited September 2011
    I blew through Ghost Trick in a week, and that's only because I had work and other things to distract me from it. If you like Ace Attorney and/or Professor Layton there is absolutely no reason not to play this game.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • edited September 2011
    Zenonia 2 for Android is worth a try due to the presence of Ecne. You dash up to enemies and lay down six shooters on them for a few rounds before the definitive shotgun reload *pause* Bang!
    Free demo is alright so far.

Edit: Looks like this series comes out on just about everything. Going to get the PSP version.
    Correction: Zenonia 2 and 3 are smart phone only.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I have Zenonia 3 on my phone, it's free with some adds. It's ok, but my screen is far too small so touchscreen controls are kinda pain in the butt.
  • edited September 2011
    For the love of god, don't buy any of the Kane and Lynch games.

@Apsup: I'm getting on ok, not having multi-touch is a pain though.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • For the love of god, don't buy even pirate any of the Kane and Lynch games.
    They're that bad.
  • I am on the last level of Zenonia 1. Got 2 and 3 waiting.
  • I've beaten 150 levels of Angry Birds.
    I've had my new phone for a week.
  • I pre-ordered Space Marine and Dead Island, they both unlocked last night but I haven't touched them yet because I'm sick.

Why Satan, why?
  • I pre-ordered Space Marine and Dead Island, they both unlocked last night but I haven't touched them yet because I'm sick.

Why Satan, why?
    Apparently the Dead Island developers uploaded the wrong file to Steam, and the game is super buggy. They're working on a patch, but you aren't missing much in the mean time.
  • Spess Marin is... well, exactly what a game about Spess Marins ought to be.
  • Man, after watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look of Dead Isle and I will definatly add that to my wishlist and buy it for 75% off at Christmas.
  • So, I am really new to PC gaming, like 6 months new. The first PC FPS I have ever played was Natural Selection 6 months ago, and now I have recently just got Counterstrike: Source for $5. The bad thing is, my computer has just died on me, so I have not even played it yet. I curse the heavens! ARG!
  • Rock of Ages? It's ok. Interested to try the multiplayer. It's kind of hard to lose against the AI once you've figured out the choke points for each level.
  • Finally got my 4th cheap and battered 2nd hand GBA. Took 4 swords around to a mates and we gave it a spin for the first time(3 players). Finished the first chapter and we all agree that:

1. This game is freaken AWESOME!
    2. We will wait for a 4th player before continuing.
  • I've been playing Space Marine all afternoon and it's pretty great and I'm surprised by how fuckin' hard it is. I also can't believe it took this long to make this exact kind of game around the Warhammer franchise it seems so completely obvious.
  • I also can't believe it took this long to make this exact kind of game around the Warhammer franchise it seems so completely obvious.
    Yeah, you'd really think that. "40K-themed FPS? Play as the Tau? How can that go wrong?" And then it does - over and over and over again.
  • Well actually Warhammer isn't a franchise that's had a bunch of failed attempts (like the Simpsons or Batman or Superman, etc) at videogame adaptations As far as I know they've all been good there's merely been very, very few.

Fun fact: Starcraft is/was a Warhammer game with all of the proper nouns replaced.
  • Well actually Warhammer isn't a franchise that's had a bunch of failed attempts (like the Simpsons or Batman or Superman, etc) at videogame adaptations As far as I know they've all been good there's merely been very, very few.

Fun fact: Starcraft is/was a Warhammer game with all of the proper nouns replaced.
    Fire Warrior was utter shit.