This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I am playing, actually playing, alpha builds of my RA3's mod's Vietnam minimod. After months of prep work just getting the basics together, being able to actually sit down with another person and play a match against them is hugely satisfying.
  • edited October 2011
    I think I've got a handle on all the features of Solium Infernum thanks to humorous tutorials. I'm just SUPER BAD at it.
    Orcs Must Die!
    For me this was a case of "bored with it by the end of the demo" but I still have hopes for Dungeon Defenders, though that does feature "stateful bullshit".
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I think I've got a handle on all the features of Solium Infernum thanks to humorous tutorials. I'm just SUPER BAD at it.
    Oh god, will you play with me? I'll pick it up but I NEED to play this game.
  • Forza 4. Still. Holy crap, I love this game.
  • I think I've got a handle on all the features of Solium Infernum thanks to humorous tutorials. I'm just SUPER BAD at it.
    Oh god, will you play with me? I'll pick it up but I NEED to play this game.
    Totally! I've been trying to scrounge up warm bodies to play a full game for a while.
  • edited October 2011
    The gaming stackexchange had a program where they buy you a game if you promise to ask and answer questions about it. I asked for Might & Magic Heroes 6 because it was the most expensive on the list. Started playing it, and I can dig it. Except there's a lot of bullshit unlock stuff, but I'm only playing single player, so who cares? I wouldn't pay full price for this, but when it goes down to $10 or $5, it's worth getting.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm NOT playing CounterStrike, since the recent Steam update broke it for a jillion people.
  • I'm NOT playing CounterStrike, since the recent Steam update broke it for a jillion people.
    By the look of that thread, and a few others on the steam forums, those punk kids could do with putting down the counterstrike and reading a book or two. At the average literacy level I'm observing there, I think The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar will be sufficiently challenging for them.
  • those punk kids could do with putting down the counterstrike and reading a book or two
    Oh, don't get me started. I only play on servers with good communities.
  • Oh, don't get me started. I only play on servers with good communities.
    Frankly, I can't blame you. A lot of online FPS nowdays, even on the PC, is little more than Xbox live with a mouse. At least, on public servers/communities. The biggest difference is that it's much easier to get the hell away from them, or at least block them out of your gaming experience.
  • Oh, don't get me started. I only play on servers with good communities.
    Finding such a thing isn't always so easy. Well half of the servers I ever play CS:S in are Russian so I have no idea what anyone is saying so no amount of shitcockery gets through.
  • I like the numerous, profanity laden versions of "I'm never buying a game on steam again". It's like a crackhead saying he's never going to buy crack from the only dealer in town.
  • edited October 2011
    If CS:Source is broken just play CS:Source Beta or CS 1.6. But yeah, bullshit that they broke it. This is why games need testing.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If CS:Source is broken just play CS:Source Beta or CS 1.6. But yeah, bullshit that they broke it. This is why games need testing.
    I fixed it. They didn't fix it. The update included a corrupt dll. Deleting it and re-verifying the local files fixes it.
  • The gaming stackexchange had a program where they buy you a game if you promise to ask and answer questions about it. I asked for Might & Magic Heroes 6 because it was the most expensive on the list. Started playing it, and I can dig it. Except there's a lot of bullshit unlock stuff, but I'm only playing single player, so who cares? I wouldn't pay full price for this, but when it goes down to $10 or $5, it's worth getting.
    You should really play 5, just play through the single player missions. I've been playing it as my laptop game of choice and I've been playing for month and haven't finished. It's pretty fun. Especially since I got it in a steam sale with a whole bunch of other HH games for like 15 dollars.
  • edited October 2011
    Aren't a bunch of FRC people going to buy Dungeon Defenders when it comes out? I think I remember people here being hyped about it...
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited October 2011
    Pixel Junk Monsters is a great co-op game to play with people who aren't gamers.
    Aren't a bunch of FRC people going to by Dungeon Defenders when it comes out? I think I remember people here being hyped about it...
    I'm not 100% convinced it's going to be good. I like the look of it but I have a feeling that persistent characters don't make for the best Tower Defense mechanics.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I bought the THQ pack this past weekend since I had such a blast playing Last Man Standing (or whatever it's called) on DoW2. So. Fucking. Good. Also finally getting around to playing Saints Row 2, and whatever other games THQ made.
  • I bought the THQ pack this past weekend since I had such a blast playing Last Man Standing (or whatever it's called) on DoW2. So. Fucking. Good. Also finally getting around to playing Saints Row 2, and whatever other games THQ made.
    The Last Stand is very good, I've spent way too many hours playing it. I'm still not very good at the standard multiplayer.
  • There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people playing it.. which is sad. It's such a fantastic mode.
  • Nanashi no Game. Shitty controls, but everything else makes up for it.
  • Too damn many... I'm thinking of canceling my Skyrym preorder just to have time to play everything else.
  • With Skyrym being single player and me having such a backlog of games, I've not even preordered it. I figure that the single player game will be just as good, if not better due to patches/updates, in a few months once it goes on sale somewhere.
  • With Skyrym being single player and me having such a backlog of games, I've not even preordered it. I figure that the single player game will be just as good, if not better due to patches/updates, in a few months once it goes on sale somewhere.
    yeap.
    Pretty much what I say about most single player games which is why I really only pay like $15 for most games, if that.
    Nine and I bought just the standalone mode, since we're not big RTS players. Add me, we'll rock it sometime.
  • Word, I added. I use "BiscuitofRage" or SquadronROE on Steam.
  • Aren't a bunch of FRC people going to buy Dungeon Defenders when it comes out? I think I remember people here being hyped about it...
    I've bought into the idea of buying this game for money. Anyone want to go in on the 4-pack? I'll trade in $10 steam games.
  • Word, I added. I use "BiscuitofRage" or SquadronROE on Steam.
    Sweet as - It's a fuckin' fun mode, and it's worth the five bucks it cost me to pick it up, do not regret that purchase at all.