This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I got Dungeon Defenders for iPhone during some crazy sale or something. So not worth it. Interface just didn't work on that small size. I'm sure it would be much better with mouse and keyboard or gamepad, but still not worth paying for.
  • I picked up Scribblenauts on the iPad. Pretty decent, although there are control problems.
  • I picked up Scribblenauts on the iPad. Pretty decent, although there are control problems.
    Every Scribblenauts has control problems.
  • Might stream some Warhammeren next time - not this time, though, didn't prepare.
  • Every Scribblenauts has control problems.
    Then this one is par for the course. I'm enjoying finding a way to use Cthulhu on every level though.
    Every Scribblenauts has control problems.
    I'd say that the super Scribblenauts controlled quite all right. At least a lot better than the original one.
  • Professor Layton and the Last Specter.
  • Professor Layton and the Last Specter.
    Oh man, I gotta order that.
  • Having finished Nanashi no Game, I can say this: It's not GREAT, but by the time you'd get tired of it, it's over. It's playable, with a good concept, but 1) The zombies are either frustrating chase scene participants, or boring jerks only added to add a small amount of challenge to the game, and 2) the cursed RPG theme is relatively light. It's largely used for small hints and to provide information about the plot, as well as to gather the ingredients for the "good" ending.

That said, what it does well, it does very well. When the game-in-the-game starts bugging out, it does so in a way very reminiscent of the way games of the era its pretending to be did, the jump scares are pretty good, and the internal logic is pretty consistent. There's absolutely no replay value what-so-ever, but at 4-6 hours, there are worse ways to spend your time.
  • I didn't have a TV for a couple years, just bought the connectors to hook my ps3 to one of my monitors and computer speakers. Tried some Pixil Dot Heroes and Chrono Trigger. Also have Demon's Souls. Seems like a lot of games sequels are out now. Pondering buying a DVI switch so I can switch more easily. Sadly my headset still doesn't work with the PS3, since it requires power over the 3.5 connector (that's what I think is going on, since the speakers that have a seperate power connector work).
  • Anyone who cares to watch our dumb stream, Joe Boomer and I are streaming Earthbound, him playing and me enabling his procrastination.
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Caved in and bought Battlefield 3 on sale. Must resist calling in to work sick on Friday.
    Picking mine up today, and not touching it till next week. Damn you freelance work.
    Pre-ordered the xbox version from Amazon, will probably get it next week.

Yesterday I bought Saints Row 2 for my Xbox and I have been having fun with it. I enjoy it a lot more than GTA4.
  • When I'm not playing Layton, I'm doing co-op with Jeremy on Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.
  • When I'm not playing Layton, I'm doing co-op with Jeremy on Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.
    I totally forgot that Ratchet and Clank also came out today. I really want to play that.
    I totally forgot that Ratchet and Clank also came out today. I really want to play that.
    I ended up getting Ratchet and Clank today, along with Arkham City, since I have 3 roommates and we can play some 4 player. Haven't had a chance to play it yet.
  • Sweet Fancy Moses, Dark Souls keeps getting more and more ridiculous. Fuck the Catacombs. Seriously.
  • edited October 2011
    Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires. Why oh why do I like these games? They're not outstanding. They're a simple, straightforward button-mashing romp through ancient China in which I use a number of heroes and weapons to make widows of thousands of digital Chinese women. They're not particularly deep either. The levels are repetitive, some are poorly designed, there's no online multiplayer support...but something draws me to these games like a bee to a flower...or a meth addict to sudafed.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Batman: Arkham City is a pretty fucking sweet game.
  • I am Batman!
    Though I can also be "The God-Dammend Batman!"
  • So I'm not the only one who says that out loud when doing inverted takedowns then.
  • I just got Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
  • Batman: Arkham City is a pretty fucking sweet game.
    Agreed. I promised only to play an hour last night, 4 hours later I realized that it was time to go to work.
  • I got all the preorder DLC for Arkham City. The B:TAS skin being the sweetest of them all. Now I'm considering returning the game and pick it up later for cheaper. Thoughts?
  • Been playing a lot of Payday: The Heist. It's pretty good - Rather like L4D in feel, but significantly more challenging - at the very least, normal is like the Hard mode on L4D, and hard is like expert. Overkill goes above and beyond anything L4D provides in terms of difficulty, I'd almost call it downright unfair. The AI can be a little dumb(Taser unit that shocks you into helplessness? Well, I'll just go and get my friend who was just shocked into helplessness up before I kill the taser guy, who is right there in my line of sight and aiming at me - I've lost more than one game thanks to the AI doing stupid shit like that), but is often surprisingly clever, and unlike L4d, it doesn't spend 3/4 of the game shooting you in the back while you're shooting everything else. There is a bit of unlock bullshit, but A)It's not Call of Duty grade bullshit, it's mostly just stuff like Extra cable ties to tie down more civilians(essentially, giving you more negotiation room if one of you goes down), extra ammo(which is kinda plentiful at times), and the odd new weapon here and there, and B)You can unlock them just the same - maybe a little slower - playing single-player with the AI.

Controls are tight(Despite the usual "Bad Console port" bullshit from the section of PC gaming that make me ashamed at times to call myself a gamer - and let's face it, they're going to trot that bullshit out no matter if it's on Consoles or not), action is pretty quick, the game is quite dynamic - nothing is scripted, it's all somewhat random(within certain constraints - For example, there is a second of the first level where there are ALWAYS guards, but how many of them varies), the characters are mouthy and cocky, and the heists are clever(though predictably, there is always problems, ranging from the small and manageable to completely FUBAR).

Overall, pretty fun and well worth the money. I mean, it's not like you guys need to play, though. I mean, just check out how many people on my friends list I had playing the game yesterday.
  • I am still playing Arkham City, this game is huge and there is so many things to do, so many places to re-explore, so many plots to discover, and so many villains to punch in the face. I think I am in love.
    Also,
  • I love disabling a goon's gun then walking up in front of them, as they try to shoot me. At that point I just yell "Are you stupid? Are you retarded or something? Do you know who I am? I'M THE GOD DAMN BATMAN!" Their face then is introduced to the ground via my fist.
  • I am still playing Arkham City, this game is huge and there is so many things to do, so many places to re-explore, so many plots to discover, and so many villains to punch in the face. I think I am in love.
    I still have to wait till the 18th or 15th, depending on if you believe the news or steam.