This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• If it's Tron-style racing games you want, Nitronic Rush is a neat recent release from the students at DigiPen. The "story mode" is kinda short, but the challenge levels are amazing(ly frustrating in some cases).
    Wow. Embarrassed. That's what I meant. >>
    Story mode was basically easy mode. The Challenge Maps are often insane. I hope they release more, somewhere along the way.

• @SquadronROE
    Mech Warrior, such fond memories. I checked out the screen shot gallery and found it impressive as well. I don't have Crysis Was though :(

Finished Crysis 2, and just had to up this screen cap. I thinks the lighting is quite amazing. Make sure to fullscreen.
  • Ok, I just finished Saints the 3rd at 99% of game completion, just missed like 4 challenges and 4 car thefts, IT IS AWESOME! the dialogues are funny, the missions don't get boring, most of the side missions are entertaining, and by the end of the game, you are basically a god (really, if you do all the side stuff, before the last 10 missions, you are basically bullet proof, fire proof, with unlimited ammo and instant reloads) and even then it's still enjoyable.

Soundtrack wise, there isn't really any memorable tracks on the radio like in the past game, but the same tunes play at special times of the game, with really "AW SHIIIIIT" moments where it fits in perfectly, be it "the ride of the valkyries" or Bonnie Tyler's "I need a hero" the sound ques are PERFECT.

If anyone needs a demigod to help them out in co-op, or whatever, send me a pm.
  • @MrRoboto

I have one simple question:
    Does the game make you want to run over everyone you see on the side-walk?
  • @MrRoboto

yes, yes it does, then punch them in the nuts.

• @MrRoboto

Then the game is as fun as it needs to be. I saw it on a segment of Invisible Walls. Looks fun indeed!
  • Zelda showed up in the mail. So that's that.
  • edited November 2011
    @MrRoboto

I think Batman has made me a far more cruel sort of dude. Every time I knock someone to the floor and get the chance to do a ground takedown, when possible, I always line it up so that he dick-punches them into unconsciousness. No wonder criminals fear the Batman.

Post edited by Churba on
  • @SquadronROE
    Mech Warrior, such fond memories. I checked out the screen shot gallery and found it impressive as well. I don't have Crysis Was though :(

Finished Crysis 2, and just had to up this screen cap. I thinks the lighting is quite amazing. Make sure to fullscreen.
    Yeah, the steam sale has Crysis Warhead (which includes Crysis Wars) on sale for $10. I'm still struggling with getting the sound to work perfectly, but I've gotten the graphics issues sorted.
  • I've been playing my second try at the Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta. This time around I was really excited for a little while. Then they went and moved a bunch of my cheese. Then I started to notice that the end-game gear is just as boring as the low level gear... only bigger numbers. Then I looked at my "spells to learn" and talents as I level up... and the whole thing felt rather boring all-of-a-sudden.
  • More BF3 and solo Minecraft, and I've gone back to Dragon Age 2. Strangely, that's also made me want to play Dragon Age Origins again.
  • Beat Dark Souls, finally. Working on Oblivion in between TF2 matches.
  • I'm juggling my time between Skyrim and BF3. I like how each of them fulfills my gaming needs. Those and Cities XL, which isn't as good as Sim City, but has some interesting ideas.
  • Alright, what are some must-have gamecube games? I know Wind Waker..
  • Super Mario Sunshine
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Only if you have GBAs, adapters, and enough people to play with.)
    Zelda: Four Swords (same as FF:CC)
    WarioWare
    Super Monkey Ball
    Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Luigi's Mansion
    Kirby Air Ride
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Kirby Air Ride
    This this this.
  • edited November 2011
    Alright, what are some must-have gamecube games? I know Wind Waker..
    I find the best website for these sorts of questions is Retro Gaming with Racketboy. You can just google for the website. He puts together a series of blog posts for every console covering the must-haves, the hidden gems, the rarest and most valuable, and finally the best buys under $10. Very comprehensive look at any retro console if you read all 4 posts. I keep copies of his rare & valuable lists on my phone for when I go to yard sales and flea markets just in case.

Post edited by Matt on
  • edited November 2011
    Interesting that Valkyrie Profile is worth so much (according to that site). I still wouldn't part with it, but it did make me think about it.

And a couple pages in they have an article about a local game store from my home town area. Personally, I was never a huge fan, but I did know a lot of people that went there.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I have a hard time parting with games ever since I sold off all of my 8 and 16 bit stuff. I've wound up buying most of it back and still have pretty much everything I ever owned since then unless it was absolute crap. One of the only games I've sold of late was Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time because I got so frustrated with the pace of that game towards the end, then found out it was out of print and fetching $35 on half.com. I just didn't want to look at that box anymore so off it went.

Interestingly enough it seems I've waiting too long on some "retro" titles. I have been meaning to round off the Gamecube with a few games that slipped through the cracks back in the day. They kept dropping in price but now all of a sudden a lot of them are fetching $40. I think they have passed into scarcity now and I missed the boat. Talking about Pikmin 2, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and such. Also, someone ganked my copy of Wind Waker in college and that's $40 now too. I've already played it through but want to own a copy.
  • Interesting that Valkyrie Profile is worth so much (according to that site). I still wouldn't part with it, but it did make me think about it.
    I also have a copy of that game and love it. The plot was really enjoyable, and endgame is pretty great as well. I even have the art-book set because I liked the art so much from the game.

• Because of that site I am going to go to Gamestop and pick up a couple more games this afternoon/evening. Also, I need to figure out if the Paper Mario I got is a bad disc or just dirty. I tried to play last night and got an error.

Also, I figured out that my Gamecube doesn't have a memory card, so I need one of those. And a second controller.
    If you are into wrestling, WWE Day of Reckoning 2 is the closest thing to an AKI wrestling game released since AKI stopped making real wrestling games.
    I'm not suree if it's must have, but I'll also reccomend Wave Race for GC, I think the subtitle is Blue Storm, and the first Rogue Squadron they released for it, which I believe was Rogue Leader.
    Skies of Arcadia
    Soul Calibur II
  • RymRym
    edited November 2011
    Alright, what are some must-have gamecube games? I know Wind Waker..
    Crystal Chronicles
    Four Swords
    F-Zero
    Soul Calibur 2
    Wario Ware
    Mario Tennis
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Smash Brothers
    Metroid Prime
    Paper Mario: The 1000 Year Door
  • What no one has mentioned Eternal Darkness?
  • Surprisingly, I've actually been playing a fair amount of DEFCON recently.
  • edited November 2011
    I was also a huge fan of Killer 7, but I wouldn't call it a "must-have."

EDIT: The Sonic Mega Collection was good, if you're a fan of Sonic games.

Mega Man Anniversary is handy, and the Mega Man X collection is neat.

Also, you should get Ikaruga if you can find it. It, along with F-Zero GX, are both "fuck you"-hard games.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on