This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• There is nothing worse than a multiplayer game server with a low ping and a good number of players with non-vanilla settings.
    I'm not entirely sure, there are some non-vanilla settings I think are acceptable, like RTV and the Roll the Dice mods for TF2. They keep you going towards different maps, and the latter is good for breaking up stalemate-city maps like 2fort.
    I'll give you RTV, because it doesn't really impact gameplay, just which map you play next (or if users just want to switch out of this shitty map ASAP). I don't know enough about Roll The Dice to have an opinion on it.
  • I'm not criticizing you guys, but I'd just like to point out how amazing it is that we live in a world with such a glut of good, cheap games that a statement like, "It's good, but only $1 worth, not $3," is not worthy of ridicule, but is actually logical.

Damn, I love living in the 21st century sometimes.
    Yeah, holy hell it is awesome. Last night I couldn't figure out what game I wanted to play, so I ended up seeing how many times I could die before getting a kill in CS:S.

Also I ended up playing about 3 hours of multiplayer gameplay in Guns of Icarus with a friend over voicechat. It was fun.
  • It's not impossible, it just takes practice. I played the prototype of this game, and believe me, it used to be much more overwhelming. The color matching mechanic makes it so you don't actually have to spend too much time Tetrising if you don't have it. Plus, at least for me, the blocks still move slowly enough on Euro mode that if I get overwhelmed, it's usually my own fault for slamming down blocks too quickly.
  • Now that I finally have a dining table, I can effectively attach a mouse to my laptop and play some PC games. So I've started playing a bunch over the course of this week, seeing as how Seattle has been crippled by snow (and incompetence).

Jamestown - Very good looking game, and pretty fun even though I suck at shooters.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA for the Awesome!!! - This is a lot of fun. But again, I'm not very good at it, so I'm stuck with the levels I have until I get better at previous ones.

Super Meat Boy - This one is just as good as everyone says it is, but it's too difficult for me to get any enjoyment out of it. I'm only halfway through the Hospital, and I doubt I'm going to play much more.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER - I feel the same way about this one. I like the idea, but having to start a whole level over every time you hit something is just too much and it stops being fun.

VVVVVV - This one does a much better job of being difficult without getting frustrating, thanks to there being a whole shit ton of checkpoints. I also really like that the map is huge, but it's fun to explore.

SpaceChem - I'm only three planets in, but I LOVE this game. I really wish there were more puzzle games like this out there because it just works with my brain. I made the wrong decision of starting it late at night, and ended up staying up later than I should have.

Aside from these, I'm still working through Ico and SotC. And Dragon Quest IV when I feel like using my DS.
  • Jamestown was so incredibly short that I lost interest pretty quick. Glad to hear you've got a decent machine to play some games though. I will warn you -- prepare for a few more late nights... there's a lot of gaming goodness out there right now.
  • I have to agree that Spacechem is an awesome game.

I ended up with a lot of games thanks to the Steam sales and this one of the few that I look forward to playing again once I burn through the heavier games.
  • When I die, I want to have my list of games I own but have yet to play engraved on my tombstone.

It will be a very large tombstone. The tombstone of shame.
  • When I die, I want to have my list of games I own but have yet to play engraved on my tombstone.

I don't want to cost my descendants the amount of stone it would take to inscribe.

• I've been running backwards and shooting guys in Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter

I don't want to cost my descendants the amount of stone it would take to inscribe.

In lieu of donations or flowers, my descendents can play these games for me.

In lieu of donations or flowers, my descendents can play these games for me.

I can see it now

• edited January 2012
    Guys, it's become a major problem. I have so many great games to choose from I can't make a choice anymore. I sat in front of the computer for around an hour last night trying to decide what to play.

I need help. Here's the short list:

Dead Space
    Ass Creed 2
    Valkyrie Chronicles - Played it, but haven't finished it.
    Shadow of the Colossus - Played it, haven't finished it.
    Uncharted (1)
    Mechwarrior: Living Legends - Multiplayer, played it a bunch.
    Megamek (hex-based Battletech) - Multiplayer, played it a bunch.
    Counter-strike: Source - Played it, but suck terribly.
    Day of Defeat: Source - Same as above
    Shank - Played it, but haven't completed it.
    Super Meat Boy - Same as above.
    Wasteland Angel - Same as above.
    Infamous 2 - Same as above.
    Nuclear Dawn - Played quite a bit.
    Steel Battalion - Haven't completed the campaign yet.
    Paper Mario: Seven Stars - Played, haven't completed it.
    Wind Waker - Played, haven't completed.
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - Played, haven't completed.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (I'm around level 20 with a bounty hunter currently) - Do you ever complete this?

Or should I take a break from video games and play a few board games? I've got a few I haven't played yet.

What should I play?
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • edited January 2012
    Wait, have you not played any of those?

I support randomization. Roll a die and go with that.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Wait, have you not played any of those?
    I will revise the list with what I haven't played yet. One second.
  • Counter-Strike all the time.
  • Counter-Strike all the time.
    I have actually been defaulting to that more and more. I've slowly been getting better, too.
  • edited January 2012
    These are quick. Playthrough them in this order:
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Dead Space

Play longer games after quick games are done. You won't feel the guilt of not playing quick games:
    Valkyrie Chronicles
    Paper Mario: Seven Stars
    Wind Waker
    Steel Battalion

When long games get slow play this:
    Super Meat Boy

Life is too short for more than one open world title in one year. Pick one, throw the other one ON THE GROUND:
    Infamous 2
    Ass Creed 2 (pick this one)

MP. Pick one, go deep, no regrets:
    Nuclear Dawn
    Counter-strike: Source
    Day of Defeat: Source
    Mechwarrior: Living Legends
    Megamek (hex-based Battletech)

Sux:
    Uncharted (1)
    Wasteland Angel
    Shank

Buy zero games until you reach the bottom of the list. 2012 gaming now decided. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • If you really hate your hands, play Super Meat Boy on a keyboard. If you hate your hands a little bit, play Super Meat Boy for hours at a time on a 360 controller.
  • I just played gun game on CS:S for the first time. At the same time it felt really stupid and most fun I've had with CS:S since the frcf-server.
  • What DevilUknow said exactly.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution is pretty awesome, also really freaking hard.
  • Don't get shot, you're pretty squishy.
    if I'm lucky, I can get the three achievements of the remaining four, and I'll be legitimately proud of them - finish the game on the hardest difficulty, don't set off any alarms, and don't kill anyone. Gonna have to use all my ninja powers for that one.
    if I'm lucky, I can get the three achievements of the remaining four, and I'll be legitimately proud of them - finish the game on the hardest difficulty, don't set off any alarms, and don't kill anyone. Gonna have to use all my ninja powers for that one.
    I've only played it once and that was without killing anyone. Trust me, that SUCKED. I reserved the right to pop caps into asses for if/when I attempt on the hardest difficulty.
  • Not killing anyone wasn't all that hard (unless the bosses count as people) just took a bit of the old Quick Load. Not setting off any alarms though...fuck that.
  • My recommendation is to really put some effort into Super Meat Boy. It's a fantastic game. Don't whine and give up like a lot of people, you will get better! See all the stages, both light and dark. Even go after a few bandages until that starts getting a bit too crazy.
  • My recommendation is to really put some effort into Super Meat Boy. It's a fantastic game. Don't whine and give up like a lot of people, you will get better! See all the stages, both light and dark. Even go after a few bandages until that starts getting a bit too crazy.
    At least go for the first 20, though - that unlocks Super Meat World, the hub for all the user-generated content.

At least go for the first 20, though - that unlocks Super Meat World, the hub for all the user-generated content.

I do not like how the UGC has to be unlocked. It's BS.

I do not like how the UGC has to be unlocked. It's BS.

I agree on a fundamental level, but practically speaking, given the average difficulty of those custom levels, you probably won't be able to beat more than one or two of them if you can't even get 20 bandages.

• edited January 2012
    I got really into Steel Panthers WW2 this weekend, one of the most detailed hex, turn-based wargames ever. Why? Because I'm a fucking grognard.

Post edited by Andrew on