This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Got a new hardcore gaming PC. Now I need some graphics-intensive games. Do you guys have any suggestions?
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, F1 2011 if you like racing. It's particularly beautiful in the wet, see http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560921086957834955/BA191957C61CF3FEBAC9BC4BBC0C35F680764A65/ for reference. The DIRT games are also quite pretty and would be easier to get into for a non fan. I also remember Arkham Asylum impressing me with its visuals when I played that game, but I don't know how well they hold up now. I will also endorse Space Marine as a game you should play.

• I played some CS:S with my buddy Chase today and holy hell, it was the funniest thing I've done in a long time. When you just stop giving a damn about being competitive and just have fun, it is awesome. Nothing like bouncing up and down on the objective randomly slashing with your knife, and then complaining that everyone else is using black magic to win.
  • Ever since getting a PS3, I've been juggling a whole bunch of games to play due to having a shitty computer and no Xbox 360 (which my brother took to college). Here is a short list of the games I'm playing...

ESV: Skyrim - It is the game consuming my gaming time currently.

Battlefield 3 - This is the game I play to whet my multiplayer appetite.

BioShock 2 - I loved BioShock and I want to finish it in time for BioShock Infinite

Fallout: New Vegas - I play it because I really enjoy the Fallout games post Fallout 3

LittleBigPlanet 2 - It came with my PS3, and I mostly play it when I need a change from the other srs bsns I play
  • Apparently Evocron Mercenaries just came out on Steam. If you were not aware of it, it's a pretty damn good series of space-flight shooters. What it has lacked in the past at least has been mission quality. Nothing quite as good as the original tie-fighter in that department.
  • edited January 2012
    I want to play MUGEN, but I'm having a hell of a time getting it working. WHELP back to TF2 and Dirt 3!

EDIT: Manchester 3
    EDIT2: Bolton 0
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Tried out Rock of Ages over the weekend. I don't see myself putting much time into this one but it was fun to try out for an hour or so. I'll probably go back to it once or twice, and not feel bad b/c I barely paid for it due to Steam sale. My wife's friends were over and I was surprised that they (being non-gamers) all wanted to try rolling the rock after I was done playing. I put on the first level where you don't have to face a computer opponent and they got the hang of it (after several rounds of hilarity).
  • Got 5 stars on all the hardest maps of "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome". Good fun.
  • I'm about halfway through the Palace of the Dead, the 100-map postgame dungeon in Tactics Ogre. ZOMBIE DRAGONS EVERYWHERE OH FUCK WHERE ARE MY BALDUR WEAPONS
  • Finished story mode and the advanced maps in Portal yesterday. Planning to work my way through Portal 2 this weekend.
  • Playing Tactics Ogre, Yuyuke? Hehehe, I did play that one a long while ago. Back in the day there was only the SNES rom and it was in Japanese. Still, I did play it and finish it. Something thing with later with FFTA... I did like the story much better on that one when I didn't understand what they were saying, heh.
  • Just finished Uncharted 2, not sure what I'm going to move on to next. Probably gonna start doing some board gaming in the evenings, while in the afternoons I slowly work my way through something else.
  • Just finished Uncharted 2, not sure what I'm going to move on to next.
    Uncharted 3?

• Just finished Uncharted 2, not sure what I'm going to move on to next.
    Uncharted 3?

Definitely, once it comes down in price. Right now it's a bit too expensive for me to buy, especially when I have a massive number of Steam games to keep me entertained. I think the problem is that I have too much choice. I could hop back over to Steel Battalion for a bit, or maybe MW:LL... or I could do some real Battletech stuff through Megamek, and that's not even looking at what I grabbed from the Winter Sale, although most of those games were more along the casual lines. I did grab Ass Creed 2 and Dead Space, which I haven't started.

Of course, I also need to finish Shank and Super Meat Boy...
  • Been playing Resistance 3. I am currently trying to beat it on Brutal. I am dying in the right places now at least.
  • Been playing a number of things including Skyrim and Terraria, but I just spent ~ an hour or so on the PC port of LIMBO. Since this seems as good a place as any, can anyone explain why this game was making so much noise when it came out?
    I'm playing it and not particularly liking it. All the challenge/puzzle bits are just die on it until you figure out the particular trick to this bit and repeat. The controls feel loose enough that I feel like for much of what I've done much of the work is getting the controls to do what I want. The aesthetic is interesting and well done but as much as it feels dark and mysterious, it feels faux art-house-y. The world is interesting but is so linear and your interaction is so limited I don't feel like I'm exploring or adventuring or anything, just moving along a path. All in all it's an OK if sub par game, and I'm left so far just a bit bored with it.
  • edited January 2012
    Atmosphere was what did it for me, but I suspect its popularity had a lot to do with reminding people of Braid.

On the atmosphere, though,
    the first few times you die are positively chilling. Also, the puzzle where you have to walk on dead bodies to get across the lake was shocking as well. Later in the game, the brain worms, industrial magnets, and neon all drive the aesthetic home for me.
    I think it does it very well.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • On the atmosphere, though,
    You forgot the spider.

• edited January 2012
    "The first few times you die" includes the spider. The spider is the second thing I remember after the bear trap. I was trying to be vague about that.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I've been ignoring Dirt3 and playing a ton of TF2.
  • "The first few times you die" includes the spider. The spider is the second thing I remember after the bear trap. I was trying to be vague about that.
    Maybe it's just that. See the first few time I died I wasn't chilled, I was annoyed. I, for the first bit of spikes and traps especially, couldn't really see them well enough to register them before hand and it felt like the game was punishing me for not doing the right thing before I knew what the right thing to do was. I guess the atmosphere just doesn't do it for me.

• I've been ignoring Dirt3 and playing a ton of TF2.
    I'm stunned.

Actually, if the FRCF TF2 server is coming online again, I should re-adjust to playing with 250 ping, so I might join y'all sometime.
  • Since we don't have a lot of FRC going on right now, I mainly join the instapawn Lotus Clan 2Fort. I was currently leading on Red Team. That's unprecedented.
  • 2Fort? A necessary evil, If I want to get back in the groove, I guess.
  • There is nothing worse than a multiplayer game server with a low ping and a good number of players with non-vanilla settings. I just want to play the game I bought, not your bastardized version of the game. Instaspawn in TF2 completely removes the advantage of killing enemy players and breaks the game. Matches in 1000-ticket Battlefield 3 servers take forever, and the idea of a BF3 server without explosive weapons is mind-boggling.
  • There is nothing worse than a multiplayer game server with a low ping and a good number of players with non-vanilla settings.
    I'm not entirely sure, there are some non-vanilla settings I think are acceptable, like RTV and the Roll the Dice mods for TF2. They keep you going towards different maps, and the latter is good for breaking up stalemate-city maps like 2fort.

• edited January 2012
    This guy I sorta know just came out with this game called Puzzlejuice. I just lost an hour to it. It's a combination of Tetris, Boggle, and color-matching games and wow is it well done. I highly recommend it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Available as an universal app? On every iOS deceive?! =O
  • This guy I sorta know just came out with this game called Puzzlejuice. I just lost an hour to it. It's a combination of Tetris, Boggle, and color-matching games and wow is it well done. I highly recommend it.
    This game does look really good. I've been burned with my past few iOS purchases though, even when the games were highly rated. I think I really just need an iOS game break (I don't have the patience for the controls on some of these games) so might as well wait and see if they price drop it below the current $2.99 at some point.

• Played the Puzzlejuice. It's good, but only $1 worth, not $3. The main problem with it is the difficulty level. If the pieces fall quickly, then it's impossible. Not only do you have to Tetris them, you also have to Boggle them to actually make room on the board.

However, if the pieces fall too slowly, it's too easy. If you spell a measly three letter word then you don't just remove those letters, you also remove all adjacent letters. A simple three in a row word can remove 15 blocks from the screen. If you just stop once in awhile and spell a few crappy words quickly, you clear the board almost instantly.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm not criticizing you guys, but I'd just like to point out how amazing it is that we live in a world with such a glut of good, cheap games that a statement like, "It's good, but only $1 worth, not $3," is not worthy of ridicule, but is actually logical.

Damn, I love living in the 21st century sometimes.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on