This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Holy hell, I've been addicted to Space Pirates and Zombies recently. I want it to be multiplayer so badly.
  • Working on 100%ing Super Meat Boy. I've almost A+'d all of the Forest Dark World and I'm getting tons of bandages. I can see myself improving!
  • Well damn, I just got a DotA 2 invite.
  • Soul Calibur V

The bad: Story mode is really lacking, but who cares!!! But seriously. If you got this game for the single player mode, you're really need to get out more. Why the hell do I have to keep selecting my storage device every time I start a Namco game??? Dark Souls has the same BS.

The good: Smooth controls, really detailed stages with epic backgound, and the best online match system I've ever seen. It's really speedy with lots of team battle options and even a Tournament option to let you compete with a 100 people from home. It's a good fighter. Not the best but still solid.

The ugly: Character creation... WFT!?! I don't think what you're wearing make any difference in the game, but WTF!?!?! I did't need to see that... I'm not good at this game yet. It's going to take a while to get to really understand the flow of this game.
  • StarCraft II

aawwwww yis.
  • At least SC5 has a story in its story mode. The last one was just a collection of fights with no story.
  • @Wyatt: Did you forget? We used the character creator in IV to make the entire FRC in a fighting game. That's the best part!
  • Skyrim Story...

I'm playing a stealthy Khajit archer/boxer. I was sneaking around in a big open area when a Dragon decided to bug me. It kept flying around in circles over my head, occationally breathing in my direction, and the typical harrassment. But he never really landed or stopped long enough for me to do any real damage to. And the dragon had ADD. He would constantly get distracted by wolves, bears, giants, and bandits in the surrounding area. Often he would wipe out anything that dared come near me. I gave up on killing him and tried to just run away down a canyon. My character would leave combat for a minute or so, then RAWR the dragon would be back, killing something else nearby.

After a while, I just said, "Fuck it, I have a pet dragon." and just let him take care of himself.

This went on for probably half an hour before I finally arrived at my destination. Some bandit camp. My friendly neighborhood dragon went to town on them, murdering the entire camp before I was able to get around the damn mountain and attack them. But sorrow! For my friendly neighborhood dragon apparently broke his wings in the fight and could-not fly anymore. I had to pull an old yeller on him and put him down.
  • Working on 100%ing Super Meat Boy. I've almost A+'d all of the Forest Dark World and I'm getting tons of bandages. I can see myself improving!
    Ah, my lad, I remember such a day...

I got 81 bandages and 100%ed the first three worlds. Gave up when I tried picking away at world 5. Holy fuck, dude.

• Loving SC5. It really has a wonderful online infrastructure!
  • I think I'm going to try out some Star Trek Online since it's free to play

Just finished with Skyrim, burning through Fallout New Vegas.
  • I've been playing STO, and though it IS an MMO, it is filled with Star Trek goodness. Who can say no to that?
  • I've been playing STO, and though it IS an MMO, it is filled with Star Trek goodness. Who can say no to that?
    George Lucas???

Right now I need to beat Dark Souls. I took a break from it once and forgot how to play. I need to see how far I get before I break a controller.
    No, fuck you. I will NOT get sucked into that again! I loved it so much!

• On a similar note, does anyone want to coordinate any game playing for this weekend? I believe I have tomorrow morning (until like 2PM), tonight (until like 9PM) and most of Sunday free. I'd be happy to play some whatever. Trouble in Terrorist Town, Megamek, Terraria, whatever.
  • I think I'm going to try out some Star Trek Online since it's free to play

Just finished with Skyrim, burning through Fallout New Vegas.
    That game is deceptively long and starts to get really boring.
  • I got Prince of Persia Sands of Time last steam sale and I'm just starting to play it. I'm finding the controls really janky and the camera keeps fucking with me. Not impressed. Maybe it's better on console?
  • Sakura Samurai (the second of the three completely new Nintendo IP's being released on the 3DS Store) is just as good as Pushmo. The game is all about waiting and dodging at the right second in order to strike.
  • edited February 2012
    Sakura Samurai (the second of the three completely new Nintendo IP's being released on the 3DS Store) is just as good as Pushmo. The game is all about waiting and dodging at the right second in order to strike.
    Want. Buying.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2012
    I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII as a come down game after rounds of SCII and just to see how bad it truly is. The story telling is bad, with key plot points being hidden in the "datalogs" section. The UI is nearly incomprehensible. The gameplay is so gated that it was 2 hours before I was even getting experience points for fights.

The Battle system shows promise and I'm sort of digging the level up system (whatever the fuck it's called). The story at its core is sort of interesting; ostensibly evil gods imbuing people with powers and giving them vague quests with the threat of turning into a horrible monster if you fail. It's a Kafkaesque nightmare when you think about it.

It hasn't given me enough cancer to stop yet, so lets see how bad/good it truly gets.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Still playing Yoshi’s Island GBA on my Micro.

Love how Nintendo games do their difficulty. Any fool can hold right and finish the level but to get 100% is a whole order of magnitude harder. You have to hunt around, locate the 5 flowers and 20 red coins and then in one perfect run, execute on it.

The game is SO good. Personal preference, I think it’s better than any 2D Mario game.

I honestly do.
  • We are kindred spirits, you and I.

I have nothing but love for that game.

I'm at world 4-2 with 100% all the way. It's the only way to go :)

I never get frustrated like I can in Mario. The flutter jump is much more forgiving, Yoshi has a permanant ranged attack (eggs) and a pretty good medium range attack (lick) and doesn't have crazy inertia. In a word, it's a joy to play.

The level design is OUTSTANDING.

I feel so happy to be playing it for the first time :)

This is how other people must have felt, what, 15 years ago? On the SNES?

I didn't get into the remake because I noticed a LOT of things they took out from the SNES version, once you complete that give it a try and have your ears thank you from the better sound quality.

I didn't get into the remake because I noticed a LOT of things they took out from the SNES version, once you complete that give it a try and have your ears thank you from the better sound quality.
    I have listened to the SNES music, it's quite nice. I don't mind the chippy GBA music though.

But if you want to hear the *best* Yoshi music, you should listen to this:

• That is wonderful. I need to buy that game on SNES again. That's like one of the things I've been waiting to be put on Virtual Console for the longest of time. Last I heard, Nintendo had issues because of some graphics thing. I have no idea.

It's great it's on the 3DS through the Ambassador Program, but to play it on the big screen, oh mans. I know I can get an emulator of it, but I'd prefer the original.

One day. I keep telling myself that. It's a tiny hope I keep holding onto.
  • Tried pirating Layton and the Last Specter. Got a FAT error on my pirate card. Decided to buy it. Hoping for some quality puzzles.
  • Super Crate Box on iPhone, best $0.99 I've spent in a while.