This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I played some of the ME3 multiplayer today as well. It was a lot more fun then I was expecting it to be. I like how they occasionally throw an objective at you so that you just can't hole up somewhere.
  • edited February 2012
    The highest sustained download rate I've gotten off of steam before (that I've noticed) was somewhere between 4.2-4.4 MB/s. Have you tried seeing how your connection fares on different servers Churba? For me at least, there has been noticeable differences depending on what server I use and when.
    I'm in Australia. My choices are limited, but it doesn't matter which server in Australia it is, the speed is in the same range - going to sydney or melbourne is slightly slower, but not by much.

The Brisbane server is no different to the server in Sydney, or Melbourne - no matter which one I use, I'd have to be doing some black fucking magic to get it above 1.5 or so, and I have a very beefy cable connection, along with living just under a klick from the exchange.
    Well, never downloading another game. Glad I got a physical copy of Mass effect 3. Running it through Origin doesn't stop them from letting me play it. If they remove my ability to play Dragon Age II or it, I'll pirate it.
    Or just do what I did, and send them a letter opting out of that clause. Trogdor forgot to include the part where you can opt out.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Oh, forgot to mention - I've been playing a suprising amount of Star Trek Online. It's not really like most other MMOs, which is part of why I like it, I think. First I've actually enjoyed, that's for sure.Also, found the free ship customisation, and now my ride has +1000 to badass. Sadly, that's not a real stat, and I still get destroyed when I have eight dudes trying to stomp me at the same time, fuckin' Gorn assholes. But, that's what I get for playing on hard, I guess.
  • What's your Username in STO? I just hit Vice Admiral and I am really enjoying this game. What type of officer are you?
  • What's your Username in STO? I just hit Vice Admiral and I am really enjoying this game. What type of officer are you?
    TheChurba should do it, but if it's some variation of Churba with the USS James Cook, then you've got the right one.

Also, playing engineer, and I'm still rolling my original light cruiser, though with the new trim, and a bunch of new gear.

• The only thing I use Origin for is BF3. I'm still debating if I'll buy ME3 on Origin or physical copy. On one hand, I never buy physical copies of games (Steam exists), but on the other hand, I really don't want to encourage EA's needlessly competitive non-steam-using behavior.
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is seriously one of the most charming games I've played.
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is seriously one of the most charming games I've played.
    S'truth. I can't wait until I go home and get my piracy card this weekend so I can finish it (can't play games on my new DS without it cause Japanese).
  • is it just me or is "Dark Souls" a tedious game with terribly unresponsive controls?
  • So, in the dev team chat, people started talking about Mass Effect. Well, I mentioned in passing that I had never played a Mass Effect game. Next thing I know, one of the vector artists sends me a license key for ME2. So I plug it into Origin and I ended up staying up until 3am last night playing.

I usually don't like 3rd person shooters, but it plays very well.
  • is it just me or is "Dark Souls" a tedious game with terribly unresponsive controls?
    Beware. Dark Souls is a measure of YOU. It and its adherents will not suffer your judgement.

• edited February 2012
    is it just me or is "Dark Souls" a tedious game with terribly unresponsive controls?
    Beware. Dark Souls is a measure of YOU. It and its adherents will not suffer your judgement.
    A completely normal and otherwiYOU DIED
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
    I'm actually a huge fan of really oppressive games, the dying isn't what daunts me, I just feel like relative to similar games like Monster Hunter the controls are not very tight. Side note can I have all the time I dumped into Monster Hunter back?
    I'm actually a huge fan of really oppressive games, the dying isn't what daunts me, I just feel like relative to similar games like Monster Hunter the controls are not very tight. Side note can I have all the time I dumped into Monster Hunter back?
    Only if I can have the 500 hours I put into Brawl back :)

• This is why I love my gaming group.
  • edited February 2012
    This is why I love my gaming group.
    "awwwww, that ees most unfortunate..." XD

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Rayman Origins is basically New Super Mario Bros. Wii but better.
  • Just started playing Batman: Arkham City and I am having a pretty good time with it. One thing I really like about it is that almost everything you had unlocked from the last game comes unlocked at the beginning of this one.
  • Just started playing Batman: Arkham City and I am having a pretty good time with it. One thing I really like about it is that almost everything you had unlocked from the last game comes unlocked at the beginning of this one.
    PROTIP - you can counter more than one person at once, you just tap the counter button for each enemy that's coming in to attack you, I think you can roll two at the start, and then you can unlock the ability to beat down a third. The game does not explain this well.
  • PROTIP - you can counter more than one person at once, you just tap the counter button for each enemy that's coming in to attack you, I think you can roll two at the start, and then you can unlock the ability to beat down a third. The game does not explain this well.
    That is probably my biggest complaint about the game so far, it does not explain anything well. It seems like they try to explain things on the main story missions only so if you tend to do side missions first then you can miss a lot of stuff.
  • Do the Riddler mission in the church early, and do the augmented reality missions as soon as possible.
  • Do the Riddler mission in the church early, and do the augmented reality missions as soon as possible.
    Did both once they became available. The Augmented Reality ones gave me a bit of trouble.
  • edited February 2012
    Do the Riddler mission in the church early, and do the augmented reality missions as soon as possible.
    Did both once they became available. The Augmented Reality ones gave me a bit of trouble.
    FUCK that one in the foundry tunnel. I still haven't managed that one. That said, grapple boost takedowns? Totally fucking sweet.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • The second set or AR missions suck, finally did them before I finished the Riddle stuff though.
  • I'm still working my way through 100%ing AC. Finished New Game Plus and all the side missions, now working my way through the Riddler stuff... I'm at 4/5 hostages.
  • I'm actually a little burned out on Video Games right now, so I've been mostly messing around with other things. However, I did find Airmech, which is awesome. RTS/shooter hybrid that runs as a Chrome app.
  • Dead Island, The game is a bit fun. My friend has taken to using a propane tank as his primary weapon, He calls it George. He doesn't blow George up, he just throws George at zombies.
  • Dead Island, The game is a bit fun. My friend has taken to using a propane tank as his primary weapon, He calls it George. He doesn't blow George up, he just throws George at zombies.
    I liked that to start with, then stopped playing for a while. Started again when I had the idea to plug my 360 controller into the computer and use that - it's so much better. And you get the bonus of the analog control for your weapons, which makes things a bit easier, and much more fun.
  • hrmm, I'm a bit wary of using my controller for it but I'll give it a go the next time I play, thanks!
  • Mass Effect 3, going by the demo, is even better than ME2. I didn't realize that was even possible.

Now, do I preorder the regular version, or get the collector's edition so I can get interesting stuff and the soundtrack and FemShep on the box.

And looking at Amazon, there's no physical collector's edition for the PC. What the fuck.