This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I think I grew a beard on my beard on my fist playing it.
    FTFY.

• I think I grew a beard on my beard on my fist playing it.
    FTFY.
    I think my penis actually turned into a fist, which then grew a beard, which grew another beard on it.
    I'm not joking.

• edited February 2012
    New FTP Steam game described as a co-op MMO bullet-hell shooter. That sounds amazing. I hope it is.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • New FTP Steam game described as a co-op MMO bullet-hell shooter. That sounds amazing. I hope it is.
    You know you can play that through your browser right now, right?

• New FTP Steam game described as a co-op MMO bullet-hell shooter. That sounds amazing. I hope it is.

How well does this thing support joysticks/gamepads? If I don't need joy2key, I'll try it out.
  • So I noticed a lot of you are playing the Star Trek Online game, does it get actually good after the first few hours.. I tried it a bit (and then got addicted to Fallout New Vegas) but I was thinking of going back once I beat Fallout.

How well does this thing support joysticks/gamepads? If I don't need joy2key, I'll try it out.
    I've been playing this game for over a year. Where the hell have you guys been?

It's pretty fun. I don't take it too seriously.

It's WASD + Mouse to control shooting direction.
  • Just played the Asura's Wrath demo for the 360.

The game is pure manliness condensed into a video game. I can't even express it.

I think I grew a beard on my beard playing it.

It's totally on my buy list.
    Wait until it gets really cheap. It apparently really good, but it only has a 6-ish hour long campaign.

The game is pure manliness condensed into a video game. I can't even express it.

Wait until it gets really cheap. It apparently really good, but it only has a 6-ish hour long campaign.

I desperately want to pay ~$20 for this game.
  • So I noticed a lot of you are playing the Star Trek Online game, does it get actually good after the first few hours.. I tried it a bit (and then got addicted to Fallout New Vegas) but I was thinking of going back once I beat Fallout.
    It does get a bit better after you get rid of your crappy starter ship and start doing some decently intense missions. However, it will always be a MMO. You will always be having to kill dozens of enemy ships using phasers and torpedoes filled with photons.
  • edited February 2012
    So I noticed a lot of you are playing the Star Trek Online game, does it get actually good after the first few hours.. I tried it a bit (and then got addicted to Fallout New Vegas) but I was thinking of going back once I beat Fallout.
    It does get a bit better after you get rid of your crappy starter ship and start doing some decently intense missions. However, it will always be a MMO. You will always be having to kill dozens of enemy ships using phasers and torpedoes filled with photons.
    Yep! Though, that's not really the main part of how you level up, that's mostly missions. Which often involve killing things, but usually not as a focus. As for money, most of mine comes from either selling loot, or assigning my minions well.

All it all? It's pretty good. The First few missions are a bit eh, but pretty rapidly it's almost like you're just playing episodes of some new star trek series. Which makes sense - that's what they're going for. The story missions are called "Episodes"(not in the playable part of the game, but in the mission log menus, to differentiate them from other missions) and they have a long string of them for each "Season", with more added with every Season, along with general game updates and other new content. I think it's season five, now, but you can play through all of them.

Also, same offer I give to everyone else - If you do start it up, I'll be happy to help you out with equipment and the like, or if you're struggling with a mission and I'm online, I'll bro up and help you.

I'll also warn you, though - the controls are not entirely intuitive or well explained. Paying strict attention during the tutorial helps a LOT, while it's an MMO, it is to your benefit to read text-boxes, or else your gameplay will be a long line of "Wait, what the fuck was that? Where do I go, what do I do? Wait, what is that place? What the fuck can I do there? I am so fuckin' lost" - and that takes away a lot of the fun.

Also, I'm currently working my way towards getting into the Foundry, make me some missions, yo.
    Post edited by Churba on

in a completely series manner what is so good about this game? I watched the trailer and the game play videos. It just looks like the other 3d streets of rage to me
  • Catacomb Snatch - omigod this is so good for something made in 60 hours (and it's constantly getting updated via Uber Catacomb Snatch!)
  • Star Trek for me is really about the social commentary and the characters. I can see STO getting the look and feel of Star Trek right, but is it really Star Trek?
  • edited February 2012
    Star Trek for me is really about the social commentary and the characters. I can see STO getting the look and feel of Star Trek right, but is it really Star Trek?
    Yes and no. In the episodes, it does a damned good job - Sure, it's no TNG, DS9 or Voyager, but that's mostly a function of it being a game, rather than a TV show.

The other stuff, however, can vary according to time and activity. For every epic 40-player PVP or 20 player PVE encounter, with ships and phasers and torpedos going off everywhere like the world's deadliest pink floyd laser rock show in space, there are the times where you're sitting around waiting for assignments to complete or waiting for a PVE/P queue, or you're grinding out anomalies trying to get enough materiel to craft that totally sweet new impulse engine for your ship. Even though you could just buy it, but whatever, you want to make it.

That said, those times are both rare and entirely optional. Very few fetch-quests, either, I've only seen two or three, and they were purely optional side-quests.

And some of the mechanics can be a little weird, along with sometimes making it hard to help friends - for example, I want to help grey out with the game, and teach him what I know about fighting, flying and abilities, but I simply can't - because I have pretty much no overlap with his character class, since he's a tactical officer, and I'm Engineering. Or when you create teams, the enemies will ALWAYS be at the team creator's level if the team creator is highest, but if the team creator is the lowest on the team, it'll mix them up, so you get some high level, and some low level. The result being, you have times like last night when Grey and I were playing, we'd check the enemies before we got into weapons range, and if they were grey's level, I'd just hang back barely inside weapons range and chill, buffing grey's shields or shooting him some repairs from time to time - because the enemies at his level, barely even dent my shields, and if I opened fire, I'd mop them all up in a volley or two. But, if they're my level, grey hangs back some(though he'll often fly in just to get a few licks in once I definitely have their attention) while I take on enough enemies for two people - since if they shoot him, it's an insta-kill.

I'm actually tempted to pay for more character slots, just to have a spare character that I can use to roll with lower level people, and can just keep deleting and re-creating, till they match my level better, because of the whacky-ass way the game handles teams that are not all similarly leveled.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2012
    Blockquote pyramid RE: Asura's Wrath and and the verisimilitude of comparing Asura's Wrath to the knees of bees
    in a completely series manner what is so good about this game? I watched the trailer and the game play videos. It just looks like the other 3d streets of rage to me
    You know those moments in MGS4 when Vamp and Raiden have their ridiculous sword fights? Or in FFVII when Sephiroth summons Meteor and destroys half the solar system, and then does it again? Or that part in Bayonetta when you punch God into the sun? Those moments that make you go "LOL OMG WTF? HAHAHAHAAH WOOOOOOO"? Asura's Wrath is that all the time; absurd, over the top and hilarious.

It's totally case of sizzle over steak, which is why I wouldn't buy it for full price, but I want that sizzle so bad.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • The sizzle is pretty great. It's so much sizzle that your Xbox will shoot crispy breaded bits of delicious at you. The game is hilariously over the top.
  • edited February 2012
    Star Trek Online has a level equalizer. If the Team Leader is a higher level than the other players, the rest of the team can match the leader's level. The higher level player has to be the one that initiates the invites, though.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • borrowed Asura's Wrath for free from work.

aaaaawwwww yis.
  • Been playing Realm of the Mad God a couple days and I'm enjoying it. Anyone up for getting a FRCF game going?
  • Been playing Realm of the Mad God a couple days and I'm enjoying it. Anyone up for getting a FRCF game going?
    I'd be down.
  • Played a little of Jagged Alliance Online, it was okay. The game is actually fairly boring, with none of jazz that makes JA2 fun. It has potential though.

I also played a bit more Airmech. Love that game. It's a blast to play, and I'm pretty excited for its future.
  • On my list of next games to play I have Just Cause 2 and Realm of the Mad God, let me know if we are going to do a get together on that.
  • Dota 2 is pretty swag.
  • I'd be up for a get together tonight if anyone knows how to do that in the game...
  • Finished Mass Effect, now onto Mass Effect 2! The adventures of Alice Shepard shall continue!
  • Tried ME1, damn that game's jank.
  • Tried ME1, damn that game's jank.
    Why do you say that?