This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• I'm going to go on a limb and say that the combat in ME1 is not really all that great. I really only played it for dat speech wheel. ME 2 was so much better just because they fixed combat.
  • Asura's Wrath is less of a game as it is a more interactive way to watch a Shonen Fighting Anime. It's pure power fantasy.

It brings the goods with the crazy and the absurdity and the over-the-top-edness (the last boss involves PUNCHING the PLANET EARTH in the FACE!).

It's a shame that the least enjoyable part of the game is the part where you actually play it.

If you can pay very little money for this game, experience it. Otherwise, pass.
  • ME2 was pretty bad for combat but the RPG stuff at least didn't get in the way.
  • edited February 2012
    ME2 was painfully difficult to finish. I don't know why I did it but I did. ME was not as bad but I made the sour decision to try and visit every one of the explorable planets. Honestly, I think they should have combined the better combat mechanics of the second one with the diversity they had in the first one and beef that up. I'm talking more stuff on the other planets, give them proper quests and don't make them feel like boring planets that I have no right business being on. Because then I just feel like a doofus in a moon rover asking myself what I'm doing with my life.

In the end I'm still not sure my suggestions would help it be a better game.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Just finished Arkham City. Not sure how I feel about the ending yet, I am not sure if has fully set in for me.
  • edited February 2012
    Just finished Arkham City. Not sure how I feel about the ending yet, I am not sure if has fully set in for me.

I really wonder if they're going to make a third Arkham game. Hamill announced that this is the last time he'll ever play Joker, so I think it's safe to say that Joker's definitely not coming back. And where do you go from Arkham City? One of the thugs in the city after you complete the end mission says something along the lines of "What next? Arkham-freakin'-Planet?"
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah, unless Batman: The Killing Joke gets adapted into an animated film he is gone for good from the role, well according to him.

With how the video game industry is about sequels I would not be surprised if there was one.
    Personally I think Joker being gone is a good thing as if they do make a sequel they can focus on someone else being the big villain as Joker has really had the spotlight of these 2 games.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Next MAGFest Iron Mike is going down. But tonight, Bald Bull 2 is going down.
  • ME2 was painfully difficult to finish. I don't know why I did it but I did. ME was not as bad but I made the sour decision to try and visit every one of the explorable planets. Honestly, I think they should have combined the better combat mechanics of the second one with the diversity they had in the first one and beef that up. I'm talking more stuff on the other planets, give them proper quests and don't make them feel like boring planets that I have no right business being on. Because then I just feel like a doofus in a moon rover asking myself what I'm doing with my life.

In the end I'm still not sure my suggestions would help it be a better game.
    Oh god, don't visit every freaking planet, only go get resources when you need them.. Those games are not really meant for 100% exploring planets, just do what it is sending you to do!
  • spoiler
    Correction, he said He wasn't doing the joker anymore unless a project came along that really took his fancy. If you remember, he said the same thing before he was hired for Arkham City.

• This PSvita is pretty snazzy, let me tell you. I'm playing me some Uncharted and some Blazblue.
  • Did anyone else notice the pregnancy tests on the floor of the Joker's hideout in Arkham City? Harley Quinn has a little Joker growing inside of her.
  • Did anyone else notice the pregnancy tests on the floor of the Joker's hideout in Arkham City? Harley Quinn has a little Joker growing inside of her.
    Maybe Joker pulls a Kenny (South Park).

• Mineral scanning, I hate you so freaking much. You are very tedious and annoying, so why am I so addicted to you?
  • edited February 2012
    If you play Bioshock or Bioshock 2, follow this guide and the mouse will work like it should. Though this does mean I can pretty easily headshot splicers out of the air when they try to jump me.

ಠ_ಠ
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Do question marks get revealed if the water gets to it or what?
  • This PSvita is pretty snazzy, let me tell you. I'm playing me some Uncharted and some Blazblue.
    Yeeeah I want one of these when the launch games start getting cheap. Tho it bugs me that theres no airplay-ish feature where you can stream your vita games to your tv via a ps3.
  • edited March 2012
    Oblivion's been fun but now it's really pissing me off. Attempting to join the mages guild, getting all the recommendation quests, one of the ones I completed and no longer have the dialog option to get a recommendation, but the mages guild quest doesn't register that I got a recommendation from that guy. Also, in the Cheydinhal recommendation quest, I dropped a bunch of stuff to get the ring of burden required for the quest, and seem to have lost my Mehrunes Razor for good. < That one's kind of my fault for not storing my stuff on the body, but I really don't know what to do about the recommendation registering.

Edit: The wiki saved me. This is a common bug that can be fixed by speaking to Earana afterwards.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Finally playing Borderlands and not getting sick. Doing co-op with Jason and Omar. I'm a siren. Part of me wants to be a hunter because I love sniping.
  • Finished Ghost Trick last night and my god what a game. You can tell throughout that it's written by the guy behind the Phoenix Wright series, so if you like that style of slightly-silly mystery, buy this game. Hell, as long as you don't dislike that style, buy this damn game.
  • Just Cause 2, the perfect way to end the day by blowing up everything in sight with a minigun.
  • Went out and bought the new SSX. It's pretty fun if you're into that type of game.
  • Star Trek Online - a little. Jagged Alliance 2 - A lot. Starfarer - a little (I suck SO BAD at it)
  • The romance options in Mass Effect 2 are super limited (at least the ones for the achievement are), and I'm disappointed that I can't continue my Shepard/Liara relationship in a larger and more involved fashion.
  • edited March 2012
    Is anyone else seeing this buggy forum code near the bottom of this page?
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Is anyone else seeing this buggy forum code near the bottom of this page?
  • cool, got my Dota 2 BETA invite.

They must REALLY be scraping the bottom of the barrel if that quiz had anything to do with their selection.
  • So in addition to the other games I'm slowly going through, my girlfriend and I have decided to marathon all the Resident Evil games we have. We're both through the original, now playing through 2. Planning to do 3, Code Veronica, 4, and 5 to finish off.
  • Just finished the main storyline in L.A. Noire. I'm a sucker for detective stories. Now on to the street cases.