This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Mass Effect 3, going by the demo, is even better than ME2. I didn't realize that was even possible.

Now, do I preorder the regular version, or get the collector's edition so I can get interesting stuff and the soundtrack and FemShep on the box.

And looking at Amazon, there's no physical collector's edition for the PC. What the fuck.
    I think Target and Best Buy have it. If you do not have accounts with either I recomment Target as you can use your Amazon count to order from their website. My guess is that they only gave out a limited quantity of those from some reason as it looks like Gamestop did have it at one point but is not longer offering it, even though the listing is still on their website.
  • Just finished Dead Space. The game went from "well this is a pretty cool game" to "WHAT, THIS IS BULLSHIT" in the span of the last chapter and a half. The last boss was also made decidedly underwhelming by having a fully upgraded Contact Beam. Also, seriously? Jump scares? Still? That isn't horror, and yes I most certainly AM aware I'm several years late with this asessment.

Overall, I enjoyed the game in spite of its flaws(HAVOK ENGINE, HOW I HATE THEE). Of course, the game was made all the more harrowing by the fact that I have an ex named Nicole, so take from that what you will.
  • Mass Effect 3, going by the demo, is even better than ME2. I didn't realize that was even possible.
    Now, do I preorder the regular version, or get the collector's edition so I can get interesting stuff and the soundtrack and FemShep on the box.
    Tried the demo just now. Pretty good stuff. I like the dodge mechanics, people being able to get blown to bits and enemy executions - not just bleed-outs. The guy just stands over you with that "movie look" saying, "lights out motherfucker!"
    Just finished Dead Space. The game went from "well this is a pretty cool game" to "WHAT, THIS IS BULLSHIT" in the span of the last chapter and a half. The last boss was also made decidedly underwhelming by having a fully upgraded Contact Beam. Also, seriously? Jump scares? Still? That isn't horror, and yes I most certainly AM aware I'm several years late with this asessment.

Overall, I enjoyed the game in spite of its flaws(HAVOK ENGINE, HOW I HATE THEE). Of course, the game was made all the more harrowing by the fact that I have an ex named Nicole, so take from that what you will.
    Same here. As I said a few times, the game isn't scary since most of the enemies appear right in front of you. Still a great game, even though I had a serious brain fart the first time i went upside-down on the last boss. Still, slicing things apart never gets old - especially using the line gun. Now, onto DS2 good sir.

In other events, I killed my first dragon recently. I mean fucking WOW! FUS RO DAH played and the slay was indeed satisfying. Skyrim's soundtrack is just complete and utter win. I really like how games and anime get people listening the music that isn't complete un-innovative and repetitive fuckry. For instance, Video Games Live interviewed a kid's dad and he pretty much said the aforementioned.
  • Just finished Dead Space. The game went from "well this is a pretty cool game" to "WHAT, THIS IS BULLSHIT" in the span of the last chapter and a half. The last boss was also made decidedly underwhelming by having a fully upgraded Contact Beam. Also, seriously? Jump scares? Still? That isn't horror, and yes I most certainly AM aware I'm several years late with this asessment.

They had a good set up with the zero G where you wouldn't hear the enemies coming in the silence but never used it to its potential.
  • Playing lots of Fallout New Vegas. It's pretty fun, though the running speed is painfully slow. I wish it had a dash button like in Skyrim...
  • Playing lots of Fallout New Vegas. It's pretty fun, though the running speed is painfully slow. I wish it had a dash button like in Skyrim...
    Install the sprint mod.

• I wish there were run speed enchants/jump enchants in skyrim. One of the things I remember thinking was pretty fun in Morrowind was jumping from rooftop to rooftop.
  • Gamestop has a physical collector's edition of Mass Effect 3 for PC.
  • I just snagged Overlord II and Batman: Arkham Asylum for under $30.
    Install the sprint mod.

I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED FOR THIS BEFORE I PLAYED 71 HOURS OF IT..... d'oh.
  • I am currently getting owned on the reg in Jamestown.
  • Finished Bastion yesterday. Gorgeous game, and I really enjoyed the concept of the ending.
  • Finished Bastion yesterday. Gorgeous game, and I really enjoyed the concept of the ending.
    Which one? There are two.

• Should I get a GC controller or Classic Controller Pro?

Also: Wavebirds are crazy expensive.
  • Should I get a GC controller or Classic Controller Pro?

Also: Wavebirds are crazy expensive.
    Do you have a DS and use it often? If so, get the Classic as the button layout is basically the same, just with analog sticks.

Also, they're cheaper than Wavebirds.

• I recommend the Classic Controller Pro. It was quite a bit better, at least in my opinion, than the original Classic Controller and about the same as the GameCube for me.
    Which one? There are two.
    The one where
    you move on and seek out new lands.

Though I think each ending really resonates with the type of person that would make those decisions already.

• edited February 2012
    I recommend the Classic Controller Pro. It was quite a bit better, at least in my opinion, than the original Classic Controller and about the same as the GameCube for me.
    You still have to be tethered to a Wiimote, though. That makes the Gamecube controller/Wavebird win out for me.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'd get one of those NES/SNES/N64 gamecube plug adapters if I were you. Right now I just use an original classic I got a launch but I'd get one of those if I had the moneys.
  • You still have to be tethered to a Wiimote, though. That makes the Gamecube controller/Wavebird win out for me.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I think my only complaint with those is batteries, well that and the $125 price tag on Amazon but I am sure you could find one cheaper somewhere. Also, if you are planning on possibly picking up the Wii U I would recommend the Classic Pro again since the Wii U will not have GameCube ports, otherwise the wavebird is actually the best option if you can find an affordable way of aquiring one.
  • edited February 2012
    They're mostly that expensive because those of us who have them are reluctant to sell them ^_~
    Post edited by Sail on
  • They're mostly that expensive because those of us who have them are reluctant to sell them ^_~
    I do not disagree with that logic. Those things are nice, especially if you have a Wii. I wish I had the extra money to get one sort of but I know I still would not play my Wii enough for it to matter.
  • edited February 2012
    Does the CCP work with gamecube games?
    It does not. What the hell Nintendo.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Does the CCP work with gamecube games?
    It does not. What the hell Nintendo.
    Wait, it does not? Well damn, I was under the impression that it did. What the hell Nintendo.

• They're mostly that expensive because those of us who have them are reluctant to sell them ^_~
    It doesn't help the controller market when all those Melee players are moonwalking their controllers to death.
  • Classic Controller is a plugin to the Wiimote. Of course it's not backwards compatible. It doesn't plug into the same port. It's a little ridiculous to assume it would be.
  • As far as I'm aware, every other console handles this fine.
  • edited February 2012
    It pissed me off that none of the wii controllers worked on the gamecube games in the first place.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Decided to finally finish playing Symphony of the Night which I bought sometime last year on sale on XBLA. I sort of forgot about it until I was bored with nothing interesting to play.
  • edited February 2012
    Just played the Asura's Wrath demo for the 360.

The game is pure manliness condensed into a video game. I can't even express it.

I think I grew a beard on my beard playing it.

It's totally on my buy list.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on