This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited March 2012
    The romance options in Mass Effect 2 are super limited (at least the ones for the achievement are), and I'm disappointed that I can't continue my Shepard/Liara relationship in a larger and more involved fashion.
    Well its romance options might have been limited, but at least it had more options than first one did. At least for male Shepard that's true, don't know about female Shepard's options.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • Beat the main quest line in Oblivion last night.

Weird thing: when I brought Martin to the council chamber a guard ran in and tried to arrest me! WTF? Oblivion gates are all over the city and now they want to arrest me?

I resisted arrest and even Martin was attacking me!

After killing the guards I talked to the council leader and Martin stopped being hostile.
  • edited March 2012
    After hearing what sounded like a Big Daddy shooting at a splicer, I found this. Spontaneous BD fight!
    Also: This is a fun game to exploit the ever living crap out of when you're good at.
    ಠ益ಠ YEAHHH!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2012
    The romance options in Mass Effect 2 are super limited (at least the ones for the achievement are), and I'm disappointed that I can't continue my Shepard/Liara relationship in a larger and more involved fashion.
    The Liara romance continues in a more fulfilling way in her DLC, if you stay true to her. I'd recommend pirating all the DLC, as the weapons and armor from the DLC will carry over to ME3 through save file, as far as I can tell.
    Edit: Just remembered you're not on PC...Umm...Yeah...Liara's DLC is good...If you wanted to buy it...The others are...Less so.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • The romance options in Mass Effect 2 are super limited (at least the ones for the achievement are), and I'm disappointed that I can't continue my Shepard/Liara relationship in a larger and more involved fashion.
    Well its romance options might have been limited, but at least it had more options than first one did. At least for male Shepard that's true, don't know about female Shepard's options.

For the achievement, Femshep can only pursue a romance with Jacob, Garrus, and Thane. You can have one with Kelly, Samara, and Morinth, but they're not compatible with the achievement.

• Best Batman: Arkham City last night. Was amazing.

I tried to play though some of the side quests today but most of them are boring. Yet I still have a desire to play. Might go back to it just to beat up some thugs on challenge mode.
  • Best Batman: Arkham City last night. Was amazing.

I tried to play though some of the side quests today but most of them are boring. Yet I still have a desire to play. Might go back to it just to beat up some thugs on challenge mode.
    Do you just like the game or are you a fan of the comics?
  • edited March 2012
    Shadows of the Damned; imagine if Suda 51 made Reisdent Evil 4 with Shinji Mikami (since that is literally what this is). It's got a crazy story, Steve Blum steve-blums it up pretty well as Garcia Fucking Hotspur, the game-feel is superb (except for one thing) and it has lots of variety; light/dark dynamics, big setpiece bosses, lots of enemies with lots of abilities, the occational side scrolling shooter level, etc.

The only thing that hurts the game-feel is that many actions don't cancel animations. For example if you are running, reloading, dodging, etc and you try to switch weapons, the action simply doesn't happen. You have to be in a state in which weapon swaping is allowed for the swap to happen.

The result is that unless you are playing with perfect clear headed percision, you'll find yourself having to re-input commands frequently. I honestly don't think this is intended as most of the rest of the gameplay is much fuzzier; for example you simply become invulnerable during dodge animations so you'll often see attacks clip through you while performing it. Dark Souls this is not.

I really recommend tracking this thing down despite annoying dropped commands.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Don't bother with any of the side quests if your aim is to see what happens at the end of them. They are all pretty big let downs.
  • So there is apparently a F2P version of Stronghold on Steam called Stronghold Kingdoms.

I picked up the original on GOG.com a while ago after seeing the Giant Bomb Throwback.
  • On the more indie, obscure side of gaming...I was told to play this Japanese game called Yume Nikki...

It is one of the more genuinely disturbing and unsettling games I've played in some time. There are many strange things about/in it, many surprises at every turn, and a lot originality to it.

At least check it out to see if it is something that is for you.
  • Eh.. Yume Nikki isn't that weird.
    I'm tempted to ask if you know ones that go beyond, but I get the strong feeling that that would not end well.

I'm tempted to ask if you know ones that go beyond, but I get the strong feeling that that would not end well.
    If you like Yume Nikki, you should REALLY try Off.

• Beat Batman:AA as well. Also going back to get all the Riddler clues if it kills me. Also, Killer Croc was the most annoying enemy.
  • Beat Batman:AA as well. Also going back to get all the Riddler clues if it kills me. Also, Killer Croc was the most annoying enemy.
    Most definitely. I think that was the part the took me the longest because I kept rage quitting.
    Really? Killer Croc? All you have to do is crouch and throw a quick-batarang every time you see him... What were you guys having difficulty with?
  • Really? Killer Croc? All you have to do is crouch and throw a quick-batarang every time you see him... What were you guys having difficulty with?
    I cannot remember what mine was, maybe I did not figure the quick-batarang part right away, all I remember is getting extra annoyed with it. I will have to play it again to remember as I played it not long after release and have since played the sequel so my memory of the original is a bit hazy.
  • Just about to beat Fallout New Vegas and all the DLC, but I'm getting hung up with some annoying end game quest bugs that make it hard to get to where I want to be...
  • Is anyone else getting Street Fighter x Tekken? I want to try the multiplayer tag option.
  • edited March 2012
    Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Saints Row 2, sort of alternating between them. Y'know, I never had a problem killing simulated people before, but after I found out that I could play non-lethally in Deus Ex, and put a significant amount of effort into preserving as much life as I possibly could, all the rampant gunning down of innocent bystanders and police officers in Saints Row is kinda getting to me. It's still fun; I just feel like such a dick.
    Post edited by Xefas on
  • edited March 2012
    hi guys.....i am currently playing WOW and Resident Evil4 (ya ya its old )
    and really want to play Tekken X Street Fighter.......
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I call for a court martial!
  • I call for a court martial!
    Fuck that. Summary execution.
  • edited March 2012
    The Fuck O_o; How did that happen?

Also, just started playing God of War: Chains of Olympus (remastered for PS3). I like it so far and am a bit surprised that they did not just slap on the control scheme from one of the other games.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • I like the faux forum signature.
  • And then I found out the cheapest trick in all of rapture.
    1) Find Big Daddy.
    2) Find a nearby hackable object and deliberately point the pipes at an alarm square.
    3) Hit Big Daddy with Security Bullseye (Deals no damage and won't make him angry.).
    4) Sit back and watch the security bots slaughter him.
  • Picking up Mass Effect 3 this afternoon. See you all when the Earth is safe and/or dead.
  • My copy will be arriving sometime before 3 today. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • edited March 2012
    I already have it on my PC, but I have to wait until the 8th to play, because nofuckingreason.
    Post edited by Churba on