This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Gotta use the 'classic controls' tho cause the default is some terrible shit. I'm sure it also helps that I never played the pc version.
    Yeah, I switched to the default controls after half an hour and restarted. It made a huge difference.
    Oh yes, agreed! The virtual controls are some of the best i've seen, somebody cared.

• edited September 2012
    Double Dragon Neon is free for PS+ ppl tomorrow :)

Oh wait nevermind I think it starts today http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/10/playstation-plus-update-free-double-dragon-neon-and-scott-pilgrim-early-jet-set-radio-access/
    Post edited by johndis on
  • I've been playing the beta of Faster Than Light (http://www.ftlgame.com/), which I Kickstarted, and it is the best Star Trek game I have ever played.
  • I've been playing the beta of Faster Than Light (http://www.ftlgame.com/), which I Kickstarted, and it is the best Star Trek game I have ever played.
    I have been playing this game a lot as well. I really enjoy playing it, but it's complete bullshit. How well you do on any given play depends totally on luck.

I don't understand how people beat the final boss. I even tried the strategy suggested by the FTL forums, and it didn't help. I beat the first stage of the boss easily. Then I got a free repair and went into the second stage and was killed almost instantly.

I had two awesome energy weapons, so I didn't need missiles. I had max stealth, max shield, almost max evade, lots of crew. It was an amazing ship. I activated stealth every other time he did the mega-drone attack, which is the most you can do. I had the crew working very hard to repair everything. I kept my shields, weapons, and evade up as much as possible. I defeated the first stage handily. I concentrated fire to keep his shields down and do max hull damage. Didn't matter.
    I have been playing this game a lot as well. I really enjoy playing it, but it's complete bullshit. How well you do on any given play depends totally on luck.

I don't understand how people beat the final boss. I even tried the strategy suggested by the FTL forums, and it didn't help. I beat the first stage of the boss easily. Then I got a free repair and went into the second stage and was killed almost instantly.

I had two awesome energy weapons, so I didn't need missiles. I had max stealth, max shield, almost max evade, lots of crew. It was an amazing ship. I activated stealth every other time he did the mega-drone attack, which is the most you can do. I had the crew working very hard to repair everything. I kept my shields, weapons, and evade up as much as possible. I defeated the first stage handily. I concentrated fire to keep his shields down and do max hull damage. Didn't matter.
    I haven't even gotten that far. I'm still trying to get past stage 5 or whatever. I enjoy the game a lot, but yeah, it's very luck dependent. I find that I never have enough scrap to buy/repair everything I want, not to mention it's hit or miss whether I find a drone controller or whatever.

I haven't even gotten that far. I'm still trying to get past stage 5 or whatever. I enjoy the game a lot, but yeah, it's very luck dependent. I find that I never have enough scrap to buy/repair everything I want, not to mention it's hit or miss whether I find a drone controller or whatever.

My strategy has been to ignore missiles and drones mostly. That means I can always trade away spare missiles or drone parts for fuel or other things you actually need.

I get lots of scrap by just blowing everyone up, but they say you can get more by killing the crew without destroying the enemy ships. This is very hard to do since if I target the oxygen and wait for them to die, it takes a very long time. Also, the starting weapons do so much damage that it's hard not to destroy the enemy.

One game I got the scrap recovery arm right away, and that helped a lot. Another time I got the teleporter, which makes it easier to board enemies and kill the crew, but that is very dangerous. I bet the enemy crew, but the teleporter broke, and I could get the crew back to my own ship to repair it. The one guy left on the ship died in fire.
  • So here is my list of games on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rosaka/games

From that list, what does everyone recommend to play with an Xbox controller > Keyboard/Mouse? I'm just trying to figure out which games to install on my HTPC.

So far I've installed the following:

Assassin's Creed 1 & 2
    A Virus Named Tom
    Bastion
    Cave Story+
    Costume Quest
    CreaVures
    Legend of Fae
    Limbo
    Lucid
    Psychonauts
    Stacking
    The Binding of Isaac
    Toki Tori
    Trine
    Trine 2
    Wizorb

Are there any other games on that list that I should consider using the controller? Mind you, I'm not sure if some of those games will allow the 360 controller. I also prefer to play FPS type games on my PC vs HTPC. For some reason first person view on the big screen tv makes me want to bargle.
  • I can say you'll want it for Assassin's Creed, Cave Story, Limbo, Psychonauts, and probably Binding of Isaac.
  • I can say you'll want it for Assassin's Creed, Cave Story, Limbo, Psychonauts, and probably Binding of Isaac.
    Add Bastion to the list.

• Well the list I gave are the games I figured were better and have already installed, but the actual list of all the Steam games I own are in the link.

What about Sword & Sworcery?
  • No, it's an iPhone-developed game. You can only click with it.
  • Jamestown, mass effects, maybe the pa games? I'm not sure if you can use a controller with the pc versions though.
  • Isaac doesn't make any sense for a controller with analog joysticks. It was designed for four buttons for both moving and shooting.
  • Isaac doesn't make any sense for a controller with analog joysticks. It was designed for four buttons for both moving and shooting.
    D-pad + ABXY?
  • Ah, didn't think of that. Still, not a game I'd think of as being improved by the use of a controller.
  • edited September 2012
    Ah, didn't think of that. Still, not a game I'd think of as being improved by the use of a controller.
    Yeah, I mean, I agree about K+M being superior for Isaac. If you're playing on an HTPC with a controller, you can make it work, though.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Alright bitches, I'm getting back into Burnout Paradise and Dirt 3. Who's with me?
  • I'm with you on Burnout.
  • Ah, didn't think of that. Still, not a game I'd think of as being improved by the use of a controller.
    Actually, I found it quite good with PS controller. Sure it's designed to keyboard and works well with that, but controller is a valid option.
    Jamestown, mass effects, maybe the pa games? I'm not sure if you can use a controller with the pc versions though.
    Mass effects, no. Maybe the first one, but second, and from what I know third are enough of shooters to validate mouse and keyboard. (Of course preferring mouse and keyboard over controller in shooters is personal preference and my advice as with all my advises on the subject I just give my personal opinion with might not be objectively true.)

• edited September 2012
    (Of course preferring mouse and keyboard over controller in shooters is personal preference and my advice as with all my advises on the subject I just give my personal opinion with might not be objectively true.)

(This is true of every statement in which one thing is said to be "better" than another and therefore qualification is unnecessary)
    Post edited by Walker on
  • So here is my list of games on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rosaka/games

From that list, what does everyone recommend to play with an Xbox controller > Keyboard/Mouse? I'm just trying to figure out which games to install on my HTPC.
    Assuming you don't have a steering wheel controller, any driving game is better with a 360 controller.
  • I think I have maybe 1 driving game? I honestly don't recall half the games on my list, how I obtained them, and what they are about.

As for Bastion, I'm really enjoying the heck out of it. I love the narration, the old Western theme in the music along with Middle Eastern theme. The game is challenging enough to keep me interested, but not too challenging to where I want to stop playing.

I'm in no way going to be activating that one relic that makes the monsters harder.

I also like the in-game achievements that give you currency so you can upgrade your various weapons.

I recently just passed the first Reflection fight. That was pretty damn hard. I was dying so easily, but then I realized that kiting by evading and using the Fang Repeater is a pretty good tactic.

For my current weapon choices I was using the War Machete/Fang Repeater combo, but now I want to check out the Cael Hammer more. Anyone have a certain combo preference and why they liked it? I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are.

The different weapon Proving Grounds are a nice addition to the game. Helps me realize how to use each weapon to their full potential as well as earn me cool prizes for upgrades or special attacks.

I've only defeated 8 areas so far, so I don't think I'm too far in the game, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.
  • It's a fairly short game. But my favorite combo was using the machete for close and long range along single enemies with the scatter shotgun for mobs.
  • Breaker's Bow all day hell yeah. Tried it with a few things, but I think it worked best with the shotgun.
  • Brusher's Pike/Fang Repeater. The Pike is great for short/medium range and the one of the final upgrades for the Repeater is seeking fangs.
  • The Brusher's Pike and the Scrap Musket, all Relics activated. Goddamn that's good times.

Assuming you don't have a steering wheel controller, any driving game is better with a 360 controller.
    Honestly, any non-tactics-based 3rd-person game. That includes Assassin's Creed, Prototype, Batman, and most blockbuster games. The exceptions I'd make are for Mass Effect and Saints' Row 3, since there's much more precision involved in shooting.

• all Relics activated. Goddamn that's good times.
  • So shortly I'm probably going to play Borderlands 2. Probably assassin, maybe the new Siren. Anyone want to be my coop friend on Steam?
  • I would except I already have my party with my apartment-mates. However, I am so excite for BL2.