This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Yeah, Prototype's awesome, but definitely don't bother without a keyboard.
    With, you probably mean.

• Linking myself to the past.
    Always good, always relevant. Still my favorite.

With, you probably mean.
    Yes, that.
    With, you probably mean.
    Yes, that.
    Whatever, I finished that god awful Elizabeth Green boss with a Mouse and Keyboard #getonmylevel

• Yeah, Prototype 2 is awesome, but definitely don't bother with the first game
    Much better. :)

• Prototype was horrible. Just play Spiderman Web of Shadows, it's the same game without all the suck.

I haven't tried Prototype 2.
  • Yeah, Prototype 2 is awesome, but definitely don't bother with the first game
    Much better. :)

I found Prototype a lot of fun. Good is not something I will comment/argue about, but slaying countless people repeatedly was just amusing.
  • Prototype was horrible. Just play Spiderman Web of Shadows, it's the same game without all the suck.

I played Prototype 1, I beat Prototype 2. The second game is pretty much all the good stuff from the first game without 99% of the bullshit.

• http://twinbeardstudios.com/frog-fractions
    I saw this in my Google Reader feed. It is my new favorite thing.
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask! Aww yeah!

I skipped the rest of the Flute/Specter whatever it was.

It's weird seeing the the characters in 3D. I don't know if I'll have the 3D active. I'm only a few minutes into the game and there are a few differences. It's pretty cool so far.
  • Still more Planetside 2. Also some Guns of Icarus Online, although that game is weird. I feel like the guns are strange to use, the bullets tend to not go where I am aiming, and I can't tell if it's lag or what. I might spend some further time with it this evening playing something other than Quick Play though.
  • edited October 2012
    I think both Prototypes are worth playing (I wouldn't recommend paying full price for either, though). I actually prefer Prototype 1's superpower unlocking mechanic to Prototype 2's.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on

I played Prototype 1, I beat Prototype 2. The second game is pretty much all the good stuff from the first game without 99% of the bullshit.

The main character is also a little more interesting if you imagine that turning into a Prototype monster turns you into a sociopath without you noticing and that he acts heroic out of habit instead of a genuine desire to do good.
  • Time to play some Mechanical Warrior on the Internets!
  • I fell prey to my baser instincts and paid full price for X-Com Enemy unknown, Applebloom-tax and all.

So far, I am very happy with my decision. Is anybody else playing it yet?
  • Goddamn PS2 is fun on a wheat bun. I want to go home and play more of it but I have the feeling I'll need to hand out candies to the little childrens all night, and that will be super annoying.
  • Beat FTL (on easy). Beat Link to the Past.

Is it time to go back to CS:GO/NS2?

That clock ALWAYS rings!
  • edited November 2012
    Beat FTL (on easy).
    You must be cheating.

Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Beat FTL (on easy).
    You must be cheating.

I was EXTREMELY lucky in that round.
  • I got the true ending in Hotline Miami. I preferred not knowing.
  • NS2 is hot shit. ShackTac has a server that I'll probably spend the majority of my time on.
  • If I can only buy 1 X3 thing, should I buy X3: Terran Conflict, X3: Goldbox, or the X3 Terran War Pack? Note that the war pack includes Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude, while the Goldbox has those and Reunion.
  • Doing some "Fleshstick" power leveling in BL2.
  • Doing some "Fleshstick" power leveling in BL2.
    That sounds terribly NSFW, just don't forget the lube man.
  • edited November 2012
    Why are you power leveling? It is quite easy to level up in that game. Since getting to about level 7 I have been above the level requirement for the missions by at least 2 levels.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Alright, so I grabbed Albion prelude and Terran Conflict, installed them. Booted up Albion Prelude after watching a couple of basic walkthroughs. I picked the Argus Patriot thinger, and followed the waypoints to where the battleground was... and after destroying a few fighters I got owned by what seemed to be a corvette.

Time to watch more videos. Also time to figure out if I need to even be playing Albion Prelude just yet. It seems like a really fun game though.
  • Alright, so I grabbed Albion prelude and Terran Conflict, installed them. Booted up Albion Prelude after watching a couple of basic walkthroughs. I picked the Argus Patriot thinger, and followed the waypoints to where the battleground was... and after destroying a few fighters I got owned by what seemed to be a corvette.

Time to watch more videos. Also time to figure out if I need to even be playing Albion Prelude just yet. It seems like a really fun game though.
    Check this out. It's what got me through when I was still green as new bamboo, and I still refer to it often.

• Check this out. It's what got me through when I was still green as new bamboo, and I still refer to it often.
    This one might be more relevant. The guides you linked to were for X3: Reunion.
  • Check this out. It's what got me through when I was still green as new bamboo, and I still refer to it often.
    This one might be more relevant. The guides you linked to were for X3: Reunion.
    Oh yeah, so they were - I started with X3 Reunion, so that's what I went for. While the information isn't too different, it's helpful to have the guides for the right games - the small changes can make big differences.

Good catch, man.