This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Tons of Defiance. It's a good shooter.
  • Steam marketplace - it's like a stock market simulation where only Valve makes the real money.
  • Steam marketplace - it's like a stock market simulation where only Valve makes the real money.
    You're not kidding. I've made $5!
    They get money, but we get goods. I think we come out on top as the maximum exploiters of stupid people.
  • So I played through Fez. The game is very neat and interesting. The perspective shifting mechanic is very entertaining and takes a little bit of time to wrap your head around, but that is a good thing. That's also what made Portal a good game. The design of it is very clever overall.

However, I can't shake the feeling that the game is trying to be a bit too clever for its own good. There are certain puzzles which rely on the player feeling vibrations through the controller, or using another device to scan a QR code that is being displayed on screen within the game. I don't think making it a requirement that your players have these technological advantages and to say "fuck you" if they don't is a good decision.
  • Been playing a lot of Monaco. Friends and I have taken to shouting gibberish over Skype when we play as the hacker. As in "HOLD ON GUYS, I'M GONNA BACKTRACE THEIR FIREWALLS", and similar. I'm curious if anyone else does this.
  • Don't forget to create a gui in visual buttsecks to trace their IP address.
  • Currently alternating between new Tomb Raider and Borderlands 2. Definitely like them both.
  • Been playing a bunch of things lately.

Borderlands 2. Crumpets are Crunk. I can't wait until I can play it at a resolution besides 640x480 (my computer is from ~2010, so it fits the recommended requirements but Gearbox sucks at optimization apparently).

Binding of Isaac: I needed that game like that game needs prozac. Like, I could write a 20 page paper on the symbolism and metaphor in that game and only be scratching the surface. And on top of that, I also love it as a game. Spirit of the Night is OP as fuck though. Probably going to make the stinger for my first AMV (which I am working on... slowly...) a Maggy "Maggy's Farm" bit.

Bastion: Jesus Christ I want to fuck this man's voice. The game is fun and artsy and has an above average implementation of everything, but goddamn that dude's voice is just so damn sexy.
  • Bastion: Jesus Christ I want to fuck this man's voice. The game is fun and artsy and has an above average implementation of everything, but goddamn that dude's voice is just so damn sexy.
    You're welcome. ;)
  • Bastion: Jesus Christ I want to fuck this man's voice. The game is fun and artsy and has an above average implementation of everything, but goddamn that dude's voice is just so damn sexy.
    You're welcome. ;)
    Yeah, thanks. When I started to write that post I thought "oh, I should thank Linkigi," but between the beginning and the end was that guys voice and I forgot everything. Also, it's really fucking late. But that is less relevant.

• Binding of Isaac: I needed that game like that game needs prozac. Like, I could write a 20 page paper on the symbolism and metaphor in that game and only be scratching the surface.
    You let me know when you beat it. Like, beat the superduper secret final boss and see final ending-beat it. Just you fuckin wait.
  • All 13 Beautiful, Insane, and Eye-Opening Endings.
  • I'm playing Class of Heroes b/c I can't play Etrian Odyssey :/ Its pretty cool but there's so many annoying things, like having to identify every single item you collect individually.
  • About to start Earthbound on Wii U
  • Virtual Console doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's easier and cheaper to just emulate that shit.
  • edited July 2013
    I dunno if it's easier. You still need to find the ROM, download the emulator, usually find the bios which most builds don't come with, then make it all work. Granted SNES is easier than most but still I go to Virtual Console and just buy it, download, and play.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Well, if you don't have a hacked console/HTPC hooked up to your TV then its worth it for a lot of people. Plus, its kind of nice to just use the in game saves rather than having to mess with save states. Not that its really any easier, just feels right I guess.
  • I played Earthbound on either my iPod Touch or my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. Mobile is a huge plus for me.
  • Well, if you don't have a hacked console/HTPC hooked up to your TV then its worth it for a lot of people. Plus, its kind of nice to just use the in game saves rather than having to mess with save states. Not that its really any easier, just feels right I guess.
    Emulators support games natural saving systems, no need to use save states. Although there are situations where they are useful to have around.
    The TV angle has a point if one likes to prefer TV and coach over playing on PC.

You can do both on Virtual console.
  • edited July 2013
    I just realised where I recognise the basic layout of DOTA from.

Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I want all tutorials narrated in that style. Maybe have George Takei be the narrator.
  • I bought War of the Roses for cheap. It's an okay multiplayer medieval combat game. The game only has one issue for me, and that it is ever so slightly tinted with a pay-to-win model. While it is certainly possible to kill other players who have far better equipment than you, it's certainly more difficult. It's still fun for a bit of something different, in the vein of Mount & Blade.
  • No Gods or kings, only lag.

Let me ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the speed of his hand? No, says the man from NVidia, it belongs to the graphics card. No, says the man from AMD, it belongs to the processor. No, says the man from 2K Games, it belongs to the program. I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the gamer would not fear the quality of the programmer. Where the computer would not be bound by petty optimization. Where the computer would not be constrained by the upkeep! And with the speed of your hand, Rapture can become your city as well.

I already knew my computer was a piece of shit, but this is a new low. Thankfully, I'm getting a new gaming PC for my birthday (in, like, 4 days).
  • And with the speed of your hand, Rapture can become your city as well.
    On today's episode of The Importance of Context...
  • I've been playing Rogue Legacy for the past few days and have mostly good things to say about it. My only big criticism is that I expect to become stale once I have gotten all the upgrades.
  • Still playing lots of Planetside 2, finishing up Bioshock Infinite and playing bits of Shadowrun Returns.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm going to make a Shadowrun Returns campaign based on futuristic Bezos Expeditions.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/947864-129/bezos-space-apollo-engine-engines-blog

Jeff Bezos, relic hunter

His nemesis will be James Cameron.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I'm also working on a Shadowrun Returns campaign. It's gonna be a good old-fashioned heist.