This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Eh, I might. I dunno.
  • I am very impressed by Shadowrun Returns. I don't look at is as game as much as I look at it as an application to run games created by other people.

I will play through the 'provided' game but I know, before long the workshop will be full of awesome adventures.
  • I'm enjoying the provided campaign, but I'm stuck at one part. I guess my rigger/decker character isn't good enough.
  • I am very impressed by Shadowrun Returns. I don't look at is as game as much as I look at it as an application to run games created by other people.
    Yeah I wasn't too interested in it until I realized there were mod tools, then I realized it will probably have lots of mods and campaigns.
  • It's Friday, finally. I need to choose between Shadowrun Returns, Civ V, and Sleeping Dogs. Hell, I'll probably be playing while we record FNPL.

Oh, and I'm almost done with The Walking Dead. While it's less of a game than a really-well-done choose-your-own-adventure, I'm really enjoying it. It's based on the comic rather than the show, so every episode gets progressively darker and more fucked up.
  • When you spend hours to work out how to get the basics down, take half an hour to get a craft in position, only realise you'd designed it wrong, then go through the whole process again, and finally fit it together, then you will know accomplishment.
  • I've been playing Rogue Legacy for the past few days and have mostly good things to say about it. My only big criticism is that I expect to become stale once I have gotten all the upgrades.
    There are far too many upgrades to get all of them before you beat the game (I think it's a little over 500). I'm using a keyboard (which I find to be far less effective than a controller), totally suck, and I'm already on the final boss without having hit 100. If you have a controller and aren't bad like me, you can probably do it with far fewer.
  • I've been playing Rogue Legacy for the past few days and have mostly good things to say about it. My only big criticism is that I expect to become stale once I have gotten all the upgrades.
    There are far too many upgrades to get all of them before you beat the game (I think it's a little over 500). I'm using a keyboard (which I find to be far less effective than a controller), totally suck, and I'm already on the final boss without having hit 100. If you have a controller and aren't bad like me, you can probably do it with far fewer.
    Yeah the upgrade tree is bigger that it seems like it would be initially. I've been playing the game as time waster, and I'm starting to get annoyed with it. My biggest complaint is that the advancement outside of each session often makes me feel like I get screwed by the random number generator.

• When you spend hours to work out how to get the basics down, take half an hour to get a craft in position, only realise you'd designed it wrong, then go through the whole process again, and finally fit it together, then you will know accomplishment.
    Conversely, when you spend four hours trying to do your first space docking, only to have power run out on your satellite, and then realize that the orbit it's in will ensure that the one solar panel on it will ALWAYS be pointing away from the sun, that's despair.
    I'm 30 hours in an have unlocked all armor/runes and maxed all but three stats. The difficulty scaling in ng+2 and beyond is pretty bad so bosses are easy but normal rooms are way too hard. I was hoping this would replace The Binding of Isaac as my go to game when I want a quick, self-contained roguelike session but long term replayability is not nearly where I hoped it would be.
  • Went to a Western MA meetup for Street Fighter 4 the other day and it has completely renewed my spark for fighters again. Too bad I suck worse at that game now more than ever before.
  • I'm playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Basically, I'm trying to get the prettyboy to date the lordly knight.
  • I just tried Endless Space and I find it very confusing. Can I only set fleets to auto explore? How the fuck do I move a fleet that does not seem to want to move?

I had a scout ship in orbit around a planet with an AI colony on it and no matter what I tried to do it would not leave the system. I set it to auto explore and it still just sat there until an enemy ship came along and destroyed it. WTF?
  • I'm playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Basically, I'm trying to get the prettyboy to date the lordly knight.
    Yeeeep.
  • Huh never found Endless Space to be confusing. I forget is there fuel limits in that game? you might not be able to go that far early on.
  • There are weird rules that you have control over that prevent you from violating alien space until you declare war on them or some-such. That's what I recall at least. I had similar "I don't even know how to attack them" problems at first. I gave up before they (probably) improved the UI.
  • edited July 2013
    Endless Space is an awesome game, i highly recommend putting time into learning it. I've been wanting to play that game multiplayer for ages.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I played it at release till I was beating the AI consistently. I still liked Master of Orion II more (and still see a huge number of obvious flaws with MOO II that could be made better).
  • I found the online manual and now I know how to move ships. Not so happy with the rock-paper-scissors battle mechanic.

I also have no idea what tech gives me greater range for my ships. Everything in the tech tree looks like lore based jargon. I don't care if it is called di-uranium dongle bits, what does it do??? Give me the meta information so I have some clue if I want to research it.
  • Finally played enough Endless Space to get diplomatic victory over easy bots. Next game I might even dare to play on normal. Although if the enemy in this game had actually used it's military power against me when we were at war I would have been destroyed immediately. Still, at least I got the hand of the basic mechanics of the game and next is to learn the strategy stuff.
  • Started to play La-Mulana. Platforming, whipping and puzzle solving in nice metroidvania package. It's just the game for me and I really should have played it earlier instead of putting it off for this long.

Solving a clever puzzle makes me feel really smart, while running around in circles not knowing what to do and where to go makes me feel really dumb. And that's how it should be.
  • I've heard the puzzles start to get into history knowledge. Not sure how accurate that is.
  • "It's like a helicopter fucked a jet."
  • That sounds exactly like something I'd say, but I'm damned if I can remember saying it.

Also, SO MUCH Payday 2.
  • As always a lot. But I think I'll just mention that I beat Fez, starting in on the New Game +. I might actually try to get everything.
  • It's from Saints Row 3, using the English voice gives you that line, the white american voice is "Hover mode and jet mode? It's like a helicopter that doesn't suck.".
  • Finished La-Mulana. It was good, really good. For the first time ever, when I game did that "You defeated the final boss now you have x seconds to run away from the place" -ending, I actually failed. Mostly failed that because I'm an idiot and started to run to wrong direction at first so I had to run through the whole last area before getting back to the right tracks.
    I've heard the puzzles start to get into history knowledge. Not sure how accurate that is.
    There are lots of references to different mythologies and some of that comes up in puzzles too, but the game always provides necessary information, ether in the game or in the manual.

• Dragon's Crown........ it's just so good......
  • That sounds exactly like something I'd say, but I'm damned if I can remember saying it.

Also, SO MUCH Payday 2.
    Churba, why didn't you tell me that everyone who has Payday 1 has beta access to 2?