This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Wow, you guys must stink at this, I manage to not get a single person killed in my playthroughs.

Oh to answer the question in general I just got Saints Row 4 and did the introduction levels...holy shit. I am bummed they didn't use the ending from SR3 that I wanted, but for the payoff it had up front they needed to do it that way.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I was really bad at first.
  • Bad thing about Saints Row 4, a mission has a major bug for people with video cards a few years oid (like mine).

Good thing about PC gaming someone fixed it.
  • Played through Gone Home in two sittings. I don't want to spoil anything, but it fully deserves Polygon's 10/10 review.

Started Saints Row IV. Pure mayhem and fantastic-ness, but guns feel really weak against aliens (especially considering the fact that my punches have the power of kicks). I enjoyed the Matrix references, though.

Played more Prison Architect, since it's out of alpha. The inmates finally try to escape now, but the game's not 100% complete yet. Still pretty fun.

Haven't played Papers, Please since the beta(?), but I'll get to it after PAX.
  • edited August 2013
    Started Saints Row IV. Pure mayhem and fantastic-ness, but guns feel really weak against aliens (especially considering the fact that my punches have the power of kicks). I enjoyed the Matrix references, though.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • I'm one puzzle away from beating the original Pikmin. It was slow to start but once it got rolling and I mastered the controls it's fantastic. I beat the game once, doing what I could, and then went back from the beginning and plowed through the puzzles. The Wii controls make a lot of sense as well and are a great addition.

Can't wait to play the second and third one!

• I got possessed by some kind of devil and I started to replay Dragon Age Origins. It's nice to play the game with a frame rate. The game is just so long and I know I will be unable to pass any of the meaningless shitty side quests which will pad the length even more.
  • You might want to try The Witcher if that's your kinda deal.
  • I got possessed by some kind of devil and I started to replay Dragon Age Origins. It's nice to play the game with a frame rate. The game is just so long and I know I will be unable to pass any of the meaningless shitty side quests which will pad the length even more.
    I had to quit that game because I got stuck defending a city at too low a level.
    Already played both Witchers. They too share the problem of too many side quests that I don't give a fuck but will still do.

• GeoGeo
    edited August 2013
    I'm playing Papers Please and I'm having a ball playing it. Greg's posting about being thrown in the gulag has set fire to my imagination and I'm trying to get to that point. I love how it reminds me of all the old PC games I played when I was a kid (a la Carmen Sandiego) and I especially love the visual aesthetic of the game. I'm gonna keep playing until I win.

It'll at least tide me over until Starbound, Chroma Squad, and Barkley Shut and Jam Gaiden 2 come out.
    Post edited by Geo on
    Already played both Witchers. They too share the problem of too many side quests that I don't give a fuck but will still do.

Yeah I get that checklist syndrome where I see a bunch of activities and I want them to go away. So I waste a bunch of time on some bullshit.
  • Played Papers Please a little bit. I'm really strict but terrorists still got through, I have no money and my family died. Glory to Arstotzka!
  • Woah, that's damn impressive. Any mods, or is that vanilla? (I still haven't been able to manually match orbits and dock perfectly, but I've come close a few times).
  • edited September 2013
    This was done manually. Tugg Butt (The short rocket on top.) went to refuel the space plane as trying to make a plane get to orbit without any detaching stages and have fuel left is hard.
    Mechjeb is worth installing for the info it gives but I'm not so good with the autopilots so I do the whole thing manually.

I'm now running low on fuel so I'm considering getting my Mun kethane crawler worked out.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Played full version of Paper's Please for the first time. Lost because too much contraband let through. Didn't realize that you can rotate the search picture to look at the person's backside.
  • Played full version of Paper's Please for the first time. Lost because too much contraband let through. Didn't realize that you can rotate the search picture to look at the person's backside.
    First time through, things like that tend to happen. I lost the first time because I didn't notice the scale.
  • Got the ending I was aiming for. Glory to the EZIC Order and the new Arstotzka!
  • Replaying Fire Emblem Awakening with a female character, and I intend to make Morgan the unholy lovechild of Naga and Grima.
  • Saw Electronic Super Joy in the Indie Mega Booth section at PAX Prime. Game is right up my alley.

It's a fairly difficult, yet fun platformer in vein of Super Meat Boy, but it doesn't give you hand cramps. Also love the music. You can check it out on Bandcamp.

I've played through the first part of world 1 and it had me screaming when I died. There were also a few levels were at first glance I went, "Really?" or "Are you kidding me?".

The game is also about you getting revenge for your butt.

Also do not play this game if you are subject to seizures. Good god. Their warning in the beginning should be heeded.
  • Got the ending I was aiming for. Glory to the EZIC Order and the new Arstotzka!
    Man, I don't trust EZIC for shit. I'm just trying to save up enough money to buy my son one of Jorji's passports before we flee Arstotzka.
    Man, I don't trust EZIC for shit. I'm just trying to save up enough money to buy my son one of Jorji's passports before we flee Arstotzka.
    Yeah, the escaping passports seems to be the hardest ending since you lose money confiscating the passports and you have to earn it back to pay for them to be modified.
  • The Walking Dead game is really well written and has hit me in the feels so many times it hurts.
  • edited September 2013
    First lander landed on a hill. Second was too heavy and ran out of fuel to prevent it's fall. Both ended up on the dark side of the moon.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I instantly thought of this:
  • I read that as "First larder landed on a hill." and immediately thought of some invading culinary force, come to cook exotic things at us.
  • AmpAmp
    edited September 2013
    Started playing Valkirya Chronicles today. Surprisingly good fun even if I do make many mistakes.

Also the Town Watchmen are all ready the best people in the world. Save for the super moe psychopath who is my assault.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • The Walking Dead game is really well written and has hit me in the feels so many times it hurts.
    I just finished Episode 5. Holy hell. That game might actually be more depressing than the comic.

"...save the bullet."