This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Churba said:

I can't decide if I'm legitimately enjoying Car Mechanic simulator 2014, of if it's because I'm both quite ill, barely sleeping, and off my face on narcotic cold medicine.

If it's anything like Surgeon Simulator then it's because you're off your face on cold medicine and anything extra in that pipe of yours.

• I can see Car Mechanic Simulator being good if it actually teaches you.
  • Nukerjsr said:

I can see Car Mechanic Simulator being good if it actually teaches you.

Kind of but not really? It'll teach you how some stuff works in a very broad sense, but it'll never really teach you about how to wrench on a car. You'll learn what some stuff is, and where it is, and what it's for, basically. Like a combination between a puzzle game and a big interactive diagram.
  • edited February 2014
    Titanfall
    Origin name: sK0pe666
    If you guys in Australia want to team up and become Voltron or a Jaeger squad.

Xcom Enemy Within
    Recovered from a horrible start where I attempted to rush air tech early game and lost funding from 3 countries in the first 2 months. I had no armour till mid game and am trying to do 4 man squads only starting from Asia rather than the more obvious choice of Africa for this particular endeavour.

I really like the aggressive glass cannon build on Assaults now but all skill choices are valid.

I try to play Nidhogg but no one is online any more.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Nintendo had their latest Direct conference. One of the more easy to overlook announcements was the surprise, immediate eShop launch of a follow up to Steel Diver. Yes, the launch title found in $5 clearance bins within 6 months. That Steel Diver.

This one is a 4vs4 online/local multiplayer submarine battle. 3rd person view. It's a free download for the multiplayer client and first 6 single player challenge missions (there are 21 total). You can also only use 2 of the 20-something subs.

Pay $10 and you get access to the rest of single-player, ability to unlock all of the subs, and can do more with crew members and camouflage patterns. There is a LOT of stat tweaking going on there.

I really can't tell whether I like it yet. It's obvious that a lot of love went into this game. I just don't know if it's a good skill test as I haven't unwrinkled all the different stealth strategies and such. It's obvious that teamwork is crucial, but communication is (thematically) a big challenge. You have to tap out fucking morse code! This is both annoying and awesome. You tap on one button to do Morse, and the game automatically translates it to plain english, then sends it out to your team.
  • Played Bruxelles 1893 last week. It's a great worker placement game. Very well done thematically but it's hard to explain the rules. The rules are simple. There is just a lot of them. It also puts a LOT of power with the 1st player. Learn at your own risk.
  • My girlfriend lent me Tales of the Abyss. It's pretty good, if you don't let plot get in the way of things.
  • Ass Creed: Black Flag. At the early stages of the game it is more fun to just sail the seas and plunder merchant vessels than play the story missions.

Also this game has some annoying as fuck mechanics. For some reason all enemy heavy troopers and anyone who has grenades is an ex-NFL quarterback. I can be up in the crows nest of a frigate and they can throw that grenade up there to land at my feet from 50m away. Some of the chase scenes are super fucking annoying and remind me of Dragon's Lair in that there is only one correct path to catch the guy and if you make one tiny mistake you might as well restart.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Some of the chase scenes are super fucking annoying and remind me of Dragon's Lair in that there is only one correct path to catch the guy and if you make one tiny mistake you might as well restart.

Welcome to Ubisoft interactive story telling.

• sK0pe said:

HMTKSteve said:

Some of the chase scenes are super fucking annoying and remind me of Dragon's Lair in that there is only one correct path to catch the guy and if you make one tiny mistake you might as well restart.

Welcome to Ubisoft interactive story telling.

Hey man the Chase scenes in Driver San Francisco were great.
  • So I tried Hearthstone. It took me three time starting up the game to get over the tutorial as I got bored after every other tutorial match. And then the game is like "Hey, if you want to play other kinds of decks, you gotta play the singleplayer portion of this game".

So we have online, collectable card video-game, with billion people playing it so there will always be suitable opponents for everyone. And Blizzard forces people to play the single player. I just don't understand that. I can accept not getting everything from the start, that I can live with. But please let me unlock stuff by playing the game as I want to play it. Against human beings.
  • Technically, you unlock decks by beating that class. If you beat someone using that deck in multiplayer, you also unlock it. They just give you an easy way to unlock whichever ones you want against the computer.
  • I beat GTA 5 not too long ago. I really enjoyed it. Its not drastically different from the previous games but the world is a lot bigger. I'll definitely be picking up any future DLC/expansions. My only real complaints are that it doesn't have as good of a sound track as 4 did, and the torture scene is kind of fucked up.

Been playing a lot of Saints Row 4 this week. Its the first Saints Row I've played but its great. The driving controls are kind of loose but since you can basically fly you can ignore most of the driving if you want. Its references are pretty funny and so are its choices of songs. Definitely worth picking up, and I know I'll be playing the first 3. I wish my PC could run 3 since I got it in a bundle a while back :/
  • Banner Saga. Can't get enough if the artwork, and the constant decision making feels meaningful so far.
  • The first Advance Wars game emulated on my phone.
  • A bunch of payday with the Breakfast club(And we're kicking ass at it too), along with some Monaco, BF4, and X: Rebirth(though a little less of that - Performance is a little janky with their 32 bit EXE, and they don't have a 64 bit out yet, but they're working on it.)
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail, finally started. Can't vouch for the difficulty, as I'm still in the early game. Surprisingly deep in terms of what you can do early on, but I dunno how it'll advance as it progresses. Best thing about it so far is the sidekick, Widget. I'm surprised by how often she's gotten me to laugh.
  • Got back into State of Decay. Looking forward to the developers plan to add trunk storage to vehicles.
  • Just grabbed Towerfall. Haven't gotten a chance to try multiplayer yet, but based on the single player it seems awesome.
  • Ikatono said:

Just grabbed Towerfall. Haven't gotten a chance to try multiplayer yet, but based on the single player it seems awesome.

Do you drop towers on people?

• Ikatono said:

Just grabbed Towerfall. Haven't gotten a chance to try multiplayer yet, but based on the single player it seems awesome.

The multiplayer is tons of fun. It's pretty much the only game we play at work (with the occasional Bomb Squad if we have more than four people).
  • Finished the first episode of Broken Age. The ending is quite the cliffhanger. There was also something that I thought would resolve in the first episode that kinda went sideways at a certain point so I'm curious if they'll come back to it. Looking forward to the second episode.
  • MATATAT said:

Finished the first episode of Broken Age. The ending is quite the cliffhanger. There was also something that I thought would resolve in the first episode that kinda went sideways at a certain point so I'm curious if they'll come back to it. Looking forward to the second episode.

I had that on my "to buy list" but then removed it.

Is it worth buying or wait for sale?

• Eh you could probably wait for a sale. I bought it at a discounted price and I thought it was worth the $16 or so I payed. I'm a sucker for adventure games though. It took me about 3 hours and definitely kept me interested. It's pretty easy puzzle-wise. I only ever looked up one thing and it was because I didn't realize there was a dialog option that somehow I'd completely looked over. Although I'm glad there isn't any absurd adventure logic.
  • edited April 2014
    The ultimate in Payday 2 heisting teams:
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Has anyone else gotten way into 2048? I still play a couple games every day or so (games start taking forever when you get better). My current high score is 77564 (4096+2048+1024+some junk).
  • How did 2048 become more commonly known than Threes? It's kinda bullshit.
  • Because I can play it on the web? Someone showed me the doge version first.
  • MATATAT said:

How did 2048 become more commonly known than Threes? It's kinda bullshit.

More people can play 2048 than threes.
  • It's free. Also there are rule differences that make them play pretty differently (I assume, see my first point).