This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• X-com or Freedom Force, next post is my decision!
  • edited January 2010
    X-com.
    EDIT: Damn beaten by WindUpBird.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I just beat Mass Effect 2 yesterday at 28 hours. Amazing.
    Same here, with about the same amount of time. I had a pretty rough ending. :(
  • Got X-com on steam, hope you have not mislead me.
  • Mostly playing Psychonauts and Bad Company 2. Took me 4 days to find a key, now I have one and my stupid processor can't handle the awesomeness. So I have dusted off the ole xbox.
  • I'm going to check out BFBC2 as a demo on the 360 soon. Looks like a fun game. Also, just picked up Ninety-Nine Nights because Kate dug the demo. Pretty fun for a basic button-masher, but god, the voice acting can be unbearable.
  • I'm going to check out BFBC2 as a demo on the 360 soon. Looks like a fun game.
    I just spent the past hour or so playing that. From what I can tell it's a beautifully constructed game; like frantic blend of BF2 and Modern Warfare multiplayer, with destructible environments and particle effects that cause more "OH SHIT!" moments than you can shake a stick at. I do wonder how that holds up on PC, though; the pace of the action seemed to benefit from using the controller.
  • Just so people know, X-Com: UFO Defense is the game to play. Some of those other ones are just terrible.
  • I do wonder how that holds up on PC, though; the pace of the action seemed to benefit from using the controller.
    Like any decent shooter, it's infinitely better on the PC.
  • Finally finished Chrono Trigger over the weekend. Moved on to Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. So far, liking the latter much better. This is not to say that Chrono Trigger is a bad game, cause it does have a lot of good aspects, it just didn't affect me the way it seems to everyone else. I will say I liked it more than Secret of Mana. I think that since I started RPGs in the PS1 era, it's hard to go back from there.
  • Been playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the wii. Been working on trying to get 100% on the first one.
    You're crazy!

I wish that in the Metroid Prime games they did not include the scanning as part of the 100% completion. If I get all the missles, and such, that should count as 100%. I would have played the games to 100% if scanning was not part of it.
    Looked over an FAQ and saw how much I'd have to go through to get 100% and realized you were right. Decided to just move on to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes instead.
  • I beat Mega Man 6 the other day, so now I've started on Mega Man 4. Bright Man sucks. I was going to play them in order, but I decided against that quickly and am now just playing them at random. I'm also planning on playing the Gameboy games eventually, too, or at least Mega Man V. Anyone here play the GB Mega Mans?
  • GB Mega Man IV is really both NES III and NES IV, if memory serves. It was the second GB game I ever owned...*nostalgia*
  • I love GB Mega Man V! That game was so much fun.
  • GameBoy Mega Man is more apprioriately called Mega Man (Rock Man) World. So Mega Man 2 for GB is Rockman World 2.
  • edited February 2010
    I am playing Zelda 3, Link's Awakening.

Rym said I was playing Baby Zelda before, and I was like "Whatever, nostalgia whore."

OMG, compared to newer Zelda installments, this is HARD AS BALLS. I love it.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I am playing Zelda 3, Link's Awakening.
    I thought A Link To The Past was Zelda 3.
  • I am playing Zelda 3, Link's Awakening.
    I thoughtA Link To The Pastwas Zelda 3.
    Correct. SNES Zelda: Link to the Past was third. GameBoy Zelda: Link's Awakening actually came later.
  • edited February 2010
    Z:LA was the second Gameboy game I had. I didn't think it was that hard. I was stuck for months in the first town as my Nintendo logic hadn't developed to the point where I'd thought to sprinkle magic powder on the giant racoon.
    It did mean, however, being a kid at the time, I'd worked out how to get 1199 rupees for the shovel and bow.

Thinking of giving Moemon Emerald a go, as I managed to get a rom of it working on my DS.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'm playing through Link to the Past again (I found my GBA version again over the winter break) and it is so much harder than the newer games.
  • I'm playing through Link to the Past again (I found my GBA version again over the winter break) and it is so much harder than the newer games.
    I know, that's why it's my favorite Zelda, possibly my favorite game ever. The dungeons are just more fun, I think.
  • Scratch that, I am playing "A Link to the Past." Like I said, Zelda 3, from 1991.
  • Scratch that, I am playing "A Link to the Past." Like I said, Zelda 3, from 1991.
    Yes, it is good times. Though the actual Link's Awakening is also good.
  • Gah, all this Link to the Past talk is making me want to bust out the SNES again. Hell, I already know it's futile to resist it at this point. At least I know what I'll be doing tonight.
  • Gah, all this Link to the Past talk is making me want to bust out the SNES again. Hell, I already know it's futile to resist it at this point. At least I know what I'll be doing tonight.
    I downloaded it on my Wii, though I think my old SNES cartridge for it is lying around somewhere.
  • I just snagged Modern Warfare 2 for $20. Sweet.
  • I've set the goal to beat every Wario Land game, and I just beat Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land with the perfect ending. Right now I'm playing what Scott dubs as one of the greatest platformers ever: Wario Land II. It's actually shaping out to be that way, so thank you Scott!
  • edited February 2010
    Wario Land II is BOSS.

Wario Land III? Not as good, but still pretty fun boss. I'll go with "boss" again.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Wario Land II is BOSS.
    FUCK YES.