This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• The Game.

I just lost.
    What?
  • The Game.

I just lost.
    What?
    Allow me to explain.

The Rules of the Game:
    1. Once you learn about the game, you are playing the game.
    2. Whenever you remember that you are playing the game, you lose the game.
    3. Whenever you lose, you must announce to those around you that you just lost the game, thereby causing anyone else to lose if they are playing.
    4. The only goal of the game is to get everyone on the Earth to lose the game at the same time.

Of course, some or all of these rules are often ignored, even by those who are playing it. It's just something you outgrow, though I will still sometimes say "I lost the game" out loud.
  • Also, I hope that you can eventually rivet people to walls if you upgrade the Rivet Gun enough. It would make me very happy if I could stick a guy to the wall and then light him on fire.
    Spoilerish?: You get a speargun that does that.
  • Been playing Bioshock 2. I'm pretty surprised how much I'm enjoying the single player.

I tired the multiplayer last night, and it has some interesting ideas, but is clunky as hell. It feels like your playing an N64 FPS game (and I'm playing on the PC.) I wish it controlled half as well as Mass Effect 2 does, 'cause I could see myself enjoying it.
  • I tired the multiplayer last night, and it has some interesting ideas, but is clunky as hell. It feels like your playing an N64 FPS game (and I'm playing on the PC.) I wish it controlled half as well as Mass Effect 2 does, 'cause I could see myself enjoying it.
    It feels the same on the 360. I would have liked to take out people with KILLER BEES!!! but I don't think I'll play it that much. The Bid Daddy Suit is way too much.
  • edited February 2010
    I am trying with everything I have to play Bioshock 2, but I'm used to Alt-tabbing out of my games. It's basically second nature. When I alt-tab out of Bioshock, it crashes, with no chance to save. Since the game only seems to auto save every major load screen, and I'm forgetful, I've had to replay parts up to 4 times already. I doubt I'm going to finish it.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I'll wait till they remove the DRM or it's cheap enough that I don't care.
  • I'm currently playing Crysis, I'm actually really enjoying it, it's pretty hard and looks awesome.
    Some pirates from a bay gave me a copy to use. Seems to work pretty well.
  • All buy aliens vs predator! The demo is so good.
    Seriously? I thought it was kinda junk.
  • No mate ive played all the AvP game so fair omg this one is so good.
    I'd rather buy it, it looks like its worth paying for it, I don't care for the multiplayer as it looks like an afterthought, so buying it late and not getting the large user pool to set up games is not important. I have a job, I should pay for my stuff (at least most of it) while I can.
  • edited February 2010
    I'll wait till they remove the DRM or it's cheap enough that I don't care.
    I'd rather buy it, it looks like its worth paying for it, I don't care for the multiplayer as it looks like an afterthought, so buying it late and not getting the large user pool to set up games is not important. I have a job, I should pay for my stuff (at least most of it) while I can.
    I thought that since you said that, you meant that you didn't want to give them money for a game riddled with DRM. My bad.
    No mate ive played all the AvP game so fair omg this one is so good.
    Wow. Please fix that sentence.

Anyway, I meant that I've already played it, and I think it sucks. Plus, I don't think it gives the game much credit if you say it's good compared to other AvP games. What about against other games?
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • The Rules of the Game:
    1. Once you learn about the game, you are playing the game.
    2. Whenever you remember that you are playing the game, you lose the game.
    3. Whenever you lose, you must announce to those around you that you just lost the game, thereby causing anyone else to lose if they are playing.
    4. The only goal of the game is to get everyone on the Earth to lose the game at the same time.

Of course, some or all of these rules are often ignored, even by those who are playing it. It's just something you outgrow, though I will still sometimes say "I lost the game" out loud.
    I never plan on outgrowing this. There is a huge section of people in band or who went to nerd camp who lose on a regular basis and with whom I interact frequently.

I was introduced to a different version that includes half-hour grace periods after one loses during which one is not allowed to lose again. If one plays New York style, the period is four minutes. The only conceivable way to win the game is to die during a grace period. So, kind of a Pyrrhic victory.
    Seriously? I thought it was kinda junk.
    It is.
  • edited February 2010

Seriously, The Game is really really really really really really really really really really really really really stupid and irritating.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I don't know why people get so irritated by this game thing. The game to me is one of those useful signals. If anyone is actually playing the game, then I know that is a person not to engage.
  • What about the game where if you get someone to look at you making an "ok" sign below your waist, you get to punch them? My friends and I had a really good run with that one. You can get really creative.
  • edited February 2010
    Played MW2 heavily over the weekend.

Pros: Excellent single-player campaign.
    Spoilers:
    - In an early level, you are put into the shoes of a soldier-turned-CIA agent in deep cover with a Russian mob-like group as they assault a civilian airport and start gunning down innocent people. You can do nothing to stop them, and honestly, I was actually uncomfortable as the whole scene went on. My sister's boyfriend had a similar reaction, and we discovered that neither of us could bring ourselves to kill the civies and ended up shooting at breakable objects to make it look good to the mobsters. The game creators actually ask you if you want to skip the level early in the campaign, as it may be 'too disturbing'. Disturbing it was! The execution of the scene is very well done and keeps a heavy intensity right up till the end, when the head guy you're spying on whips around at the very end and shoots you in the face, killing the guy you were just playing as.
    - Later a part of the US is actually invaded by a seriously huge enemy force, Northern Virginia and DC specifically. Now, for some people, it may just be run-of-the-mill weird to be running around very upper-class suburbs blowing the shit out of the enemy, but having been to Northern VA and having lived outside of DC, they caught the feel of the area so well. Again, this was another point in the game where I was given a very new feeling when playing a FPS, like I was fighting to defend my home town! I was surprised that there weren't civilians running around too, but I suppose the explanations of evacuations sort of excused that. One of the more intense fights is when fighting alongside a Bradly APC going house-to-house fighting the Russian invaders, while another is fighting in what can only be described as an average American strip-mall environment with a BurgerTown and a gas station. Very intense and well done.
    - Another part that stuck with me and again made me a little uncomfortable with the virtual murder I was committing was near the end of the game when you are forced to kill other American soldiers, trying to get to the main villain. You repel down a rock face and actually look into the eyes of a guy you stealthily assassinate with a knife as he dies. THAT was a seriously discomforting sequence, again because of the quality of the expressions on the face, even though he was technically protecting the main baddy.

The game is very well done, put together superbly, and the co-op and multi-player games are a blast as well. The only things I can't figure out are some plot points, so if you've played maybe you can explain better.
    SPOILERIFFIC: Sheppard ends up the villain at the end. I can't for the life of me figure out why he starts killing the members of 141. He says he wants more patriotic Americans to enlist so he can prove to the world he has the strongest army, but didn't the Russians attacking already do that? After getting the data from Makarov, what did gunning down Ghost and Roach accomplish at all other than pissing off Soap and Price? Was it that the data would prove to the Russians that Makarov was behind everything, not the Americans, and bring a speedy end to the war?
    My other question is why did Price fire the nuke at the east coast? Was it because he programmed it to detonate in high orbit, causing the massive EMP and causing the fighting to die down?

Cons: Tac-nuke in multi-player was a terrible idea.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • What about the game where if you get someone to look at you making an "ok" sign below your waist, you get to punch them? My friends and I had a really good run with that one. You can get really creative.
    See, that's actually a game, and there are consequences for losing. "You just lost the game" is just wicked lame.
  • Tac-nuke in multi-player was a terrible idea.
    I disagree. I just hit level 67 and I've seen 4 games ended by nukes. That's hardly enough to count.
  • "You just lost the game" is just wicked lame.
    I understand that this is true for adults, but I'm in High School. I'm a lame teenager. I have to have something stupid. I barely do it anymore, but I'm young, can you honestly say you didn't have a stupid game/habit/joke of some kind in High School?
  • Played MW2 heavily over the weekend.
    And here I thought you were referring to Mechwarrior 2.
  • "You just lost the game" is just wicked lame.
    I understand that this is true for adults, but I'm in High School. I'm a lame teenager. I have to have something stupid. I barely do it anymore, but I'm young, can you honestly say you didn't have a stupid game/habit/joke of some kind in High School?
    In high school we never did "the game", and I honestly never heard of it until today. We did have the "OK" symbol thing, which I thought was stupid at the time as well. What my friends did, was have a game where if any of us said "like" for the purposes of filling space (ex. So, like, I was all, like, tripping balls and shit man), then any other person playing the game could slug them in the arm. Fun to do, and helps make you better speaker too!
  • The Game.

I just lost.
  • I don't know why people get so irritated by this game thing. The game to me is one of those useful signals. If anyone is actually playing the game, then I know that is a person not to engage.
    Point in fact: I learned about the game yesterday and put a status update on Facebook to see who, if any, of my contacts are playing. The only answer I received confirmed Scotts assessment.
  • Fuck you, Kaizo Mario World. Fuck you right in the kaizo.
  • Fuck you, Kaizo Mario World. Fuck you right in the kaizo.
    I beat that game, it's so fun in that sort of sadistic way.
  • edited February 2010
    Fuck you, Kaizo Mario World. Fuck you right in the kaizo.
    I beat that game, it's so fun in that sort of sadistic way.
    I can say both of those things about IWBTG. I should do Kaizo Mario as well, sometime, but to my knowledge IWBTG is the more evil one of the two.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on