This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Fuck you, Kaizo Mario World. Fuck you right in the kaizo.
    I beat that game, it's so fun in that sort of sadistic way.
    I can say both of those things about IWBTG. I should do Kaizo Mario as well, sometime, but to my knowledge IWBTG is the more evil one of the two.
    Games like those and Syobon Action are more fun to watch on youtube.
  • Recently I finished playing Brutal Legend (a pretty mediocre game at best, very boring at worst), and have since switched to Fallout 3, cause I'm late in doing pretty much everything.
  • Recently I finished playing Brutal Legend (a pretty mediocre game at best, very boring at worst), and have since switched to Fallout 3, cause I'm late in doing pretty much everything.
    The thing is, the game is hilarious, it's an interesting story, and it's really cool, if you're a metal fan, when you pick up all the little references and such. But the game-play itself can't decide if it wants to be a mediocre 3rd person axe swinger, or a mediocre RTS.
    The thing is, the game is hilarious, it's an interesting story, and it's really cool, if you're a metal fan, when you pick up all the little references and such. But the game-play itself can't decide if it wants to be a mediocre 3rd person axe swinger, or a mediocre RTS.
    I really enjoyed Brutal Legend...
  • edited February 2010
    Turns out Tribesnext runs fine in Windows 7 with administrator privileges. Better than XP did, you can even alt-tab without it crashing.

Also: Stalker is worryingly sub-par considering it came out after Half-Life 2.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2010
    Got two games per this recommendation from Anthony Burch on Twitter:
    Spend ten bucks, get two incredible indie games. The Void is on sale at D2D, Mount and Blade on Steam. Five bucks each. Seriously, get them.
    Yay cheap games!

[Edit] Both episodes of Precipice are also five dollars! Hell yeah!
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Also: Stalker is worryingly sub-par considering it came out after Half-Life 2.
    Are you running to Complete 2009 mod? It's a really nice graphical update/ bug fix mod.
  • I really enjoyed Brutal Legend...
    So Did I - but I still think the gameplay was mediocre. I enjoyed it for all the other stuff, like story, references, humor, etc, etc.
  • Is it bad that I like the dialogue trees way more than the combat in Dragon Age?
  • Is it bad that I like the dialogue trees way more than the combat in Dragon Age?
    Not at all good sir. The combat is fine, but the dialog is definitely where the game shines.
  • edited February 2010
    Is it bad that I like the dialogue trees way more than the combat in Dragon Age?
    I haven't played it, but isn't that normal for an RPG (that doesn't suck)? RPG combat is really just a way to make a game longer without having to add more dialogue.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • RPG combat is really just a way to make a game longer without having to add more dialogue.
    Wow. That's 100% true, isn't it? I would probably enjoy most of them a lot more without the combat, too.
  • I am playing Bayonetta, SF4, Final Fantasy XII, and Professor Layton
  • While I'm lame and about 2 years behind on the portable gaming front, just starting to play Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Now it's reminding me at how much I suck at turn based strategy.
  • Assassin's creed 2. Stabbin' Dudes, Pimpin mah villa. It's a living.
    Shank Bitches, Get Money?
    Shank Bitches, Get Money?
    It's more shanking bitches, having your villa generate money endlessly for you.
  • I played some Battlefield 2 last night. Or tried to. How much DRM shit can one game put you through?
    And now I've got the Wrist-gun-stabby-shooter-thinger, It seems that the last hour of my play devolved into "I shot a man in venice, just to watch him die. And fall off a roof. And scare the bejesus out of a bunch of poor saps below."
  • Jenga is really fucking fun...just saying.
  • Still playing Clash of Heroes on DS. If you're not, you're missing out.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Yeah.. I know..
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.Yeah.. I know..
    It's always worth playing again. Although I prefer A Link to the Past, but whatever suits you.
  • I've replayed OoT, LttP, Majora's Mask, and Link's Awakening many times. I have never felt like replaying any of the Zelda games that have come out since the Wind Waker, though. Is anyone else like this?

Also I'll be playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth when it comes out tomorrow.
  • I have never felt like replaying any of the Zelda games that have come out since the Wind Waker, though. Is anyone else like this?
    It's because the games take so long to beat the first time.
  • I have never felt like replaying any of the Zelda games that have come out since the Wind Waker, though. Is anyone else like this?
    It's because the games take so long to beat the first time.
    I replayed WW once. I tried to replay TP, but my disc was scratched, and it freezes in the early parts of the game...Haven't replayed PH, and don't intend to replay ST once I finally beat it.
  • Also I'll be playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth when it comes out tomorrow.
    I've ordered that, and Clash of Heores, from Amazon. I guess I'll be playing Clash of Heroes first because it will arrive first.
  • While I'm lame and about 2 years behind on the portable gaming front, just starting to play Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.
    I've also started playing this again. I really, really enjoy the Advance Wars games. I tried to play Stalker (Shadows of Chernobyl) because I had heard it hyped up, and didn't really find it that enjoyable or unique. Should I try a different Stalker game?
  • I've replayed OoT, LttP, Majora's Mask, and Link's Awakening many times. I have never felt like replaying any of the Zelda games that have come out since the Wind Waker, though. Is anyone else like this?
    With the exception of Majora's, samesies. I replayed Wind Waker once to get 100%, but I don't intend to ever play it again. Twilight Princess though, I would readily play again multiple times. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only really good Zelda since OoT.
  • I'm playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and finishing up Valkyria Chronicles. PMD does some interesting things with the Pokemon formula.